Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d┬┐abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Favorite primer I've ever used! Use this daily, mainly on just my eyelids. It increases pigmentation like you would not believe. I have never seen an eye primer do such an amazing job at increasing color payoff as this did. I could hardly believe it when I used it. It also helps you get a lot less fall out.
Only problem I can really find with this is I wouldn't put it all over if you plan to do a matte color in the crease; it can make that look a little blotchy for some reason. I'd stick to just using it with glitters and too increase payoff on lids.

on 9/3/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So far, I've only had a sample of this (thank you, Sephora and your nice sampling philosophy!) but this stuff works!!!

I'm sure many reading this have eye shadows they would love to be able to use on a regular basis and without a lot of fuss and clean-up. I'm sure most of you know to PAT/PRESS on shadows like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again but even with the most careful application process and even with something like a silicone glitter shadow applicator and careful clean up after you apply your shadow, none of this will inhibit the fallout you will get through out the day, as you go through your normal activities of, oh, BLINKING, looking around, even daring to touch your eyes! Check yourself at noon and you've got glitter on your cheeks, your nose, all sorts of places where it wasn't when you left your house in the morning!

To the rescue comes Too Faced Glitter Glue. It is aptly named as it really will help hold in place the glitter in more problematic shadows (all of mine seem to be from UD). Yes, it's not that easy to blend shadows overtop of this primer but most of us aren't blending or brushing on these problem shadows in any case, since we know that doing that will just increase the fallout. So while it's not the most perfect base for a blended look, if you want to use a glittery, fallout-laden shadow (Maui Wowie, are your ears burning?), this primer will really help. I'm off to buy the full sized tube (I wish a small one of these came with one of TF's palettes) - I don't wear glitter shadows all that often but do find that this product is indispensable for those times when I do.

on 9/1/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is a tad pricey for the amount of product you get I believe, but it works! I love this product i use it with all of my glittery eye shadows and my glitter. Yes there is still some fallout you will always have fallout. I would most definitely buy this product again it is amazing and i am in love with it!!!!! I love glitter and this product is definitely a must have. (:

on 7/17/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 oily monolids. Glitter glue + base = PERFECT.

FINALLY found a combination that works. Gets me thru my uber oily lids (that alone is a feat) + monsoon season (just to add to the madness) + a few hours of muggy salsa dancing (now I am a believer).

You literally have 2 seconds to apply this onto your lids before it's too dry to spread. Although I originally was impressed w/ the staying power, I ignored it b/c it was hard to blend shadows... few months later tried it again, this time w/ a base on top of it, such as Bobbi Brown Long Wear shadow on top (MAC Paint Pots did not cut it).

While I was cheating on TF Glittle Glue, these were the fails that creased on me: UDPP (reg & tinted), Etude Proof 10, ELF (reg & mineral), NARS, Too Faced (reg), Bare Minerals, Lorac, Paint Pot & variant bases by itself...

UPDATE: MUFE Eye Prime tops it all, w/out the blending issue!

on 6/22/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Someone on one of the forums I follow suggested using this to combat glitter fall out. I just recently got the Naked 2 palate, and those of you who have it know how difficult it can be to work with some of those really glittery shadows. Considering it basically saved me from having to return my Naked 2, I dont mind paying the additional 20$ for this product. Not only that, I can wear pigment shadows with confidence now. At first I thought it would be hard to work with, as it is a 'glue', but if you only use a thin layer, and act fast, you can still blend shadows on top of it.

on 3/10/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is a must have! My only complaint, and the reason I took off one lippie, is that there is still some glitter fallout. It is greatly minimized but I still found some glitter under my eyes. Otherwise, this stuff doesn't crease and is perfect for sparkly eyeshadows and MAC pigments. Color goes from sheer to WOW. I would recommend that everyone buy this. It's a makeup bag must!

on 12/21/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If you've ever had problems with glitter fallout, TF's Glitter Glue will be your BFF. I use the regular Shadow Insurance on a normal basis, but my super-glittery Chanel shadows would sprinkle glitter underneath and get into my contacts (ugh!). One day using this and I got no fallout whatsoever, which I noticed immediately when I put my shadows on. Usually I get a few glitter bits immediately after applying, but they didn't budge this time or towards the end of the day. Why isn't this 5-star/HG-worthy? GG does NOT play nice with other shadows. You will NOT be blending shadows with this, so you best apply GG just where you're putting your glittery shadow and use your normal eyeshadow primer elsewhere. I guess that makes the tube last longer, but it's still obnoxious. It can also be a pain to squeeze out the tube, and you have to be careful not to squeeze too hard and to do it from the end of the tube or else risking exploding the back seam.

on 11/30/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

very cute packaging, and has become me and my mother in law's favourite primer- even more than udpp! maybe it is because we wear a ton of glitter and shimmer eyeshadows, but it's so great- plus, you can blend over it, as long as you use a dense crease brush to do so! the colour, shimmer, and glitter literally last the entire day! so happy i found this!

on 11/9/2011 2:02:00 PM

Great product! I use it with the Too Faced GlamourDust....that stuff stays put all day!

I do wish you get more for the price of the product though. I bought it from Ulta.

on 11/4/2011 7:19:00 PM

I LOVE this product, i needed a pretty purple eyeshadow to match my halloween costume, but at the time i was tight with money so i bought Maybalines Color Explosion pallet in their purple shades because one of the colors was the perfect shade of purple i was looking for. When i tried it with the regular SI the color still wasnt as vibrant as it is on the pallet so i did some research & saw that the Glitter Glue had amazing reviews.
It made the drug store brand colors really POP & last ALLLL night. i used it to do Sugar Skull Makeup for my halloween costume to a 10hr halloween music festival. I swear that the purple stayed just as vibrant from the time i got there @ 3:30pm in 80 degree weather from the time i got to my house @ 5:30am in 60 degree weather & had been dancing all day & night. & for once my bf did not complain about glitter getting all over him, because it didnt! it stayed on my face, where it should stay XD