September 22, 2014 | 2103 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue, Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 oily monolids. Glitter glue + base = PERFECT.

FINALLY found a combination that works. Gets me thru my uber oily lids (that alone is a feat) + monsoon season (just to add to the madness) + a few hours of muggy salsa dancing (now I am a believer).

You literally have 2 seconds to apply this onto your lids before it's too dry to spread. Although I originally was impressed w/ the staying power, I ignored it b/c it was hard to blend shadows... few months later tried it again, this time w/ a base on top of it, such as Bobbi Brown Long Wear shadow on top (MAC Paint Pots did not cut it).

While I was cheating on TF Glittle Glue, these were the fails that creased on me: UDPP (reg & tinted), Etude Proof 10, ELF (reg & mineral), NARS, Too Faced (reg), Bare Minerals, Lorac, Paint Pot & variant bases by itself...

UPDATE: MUFE Eye Prime tops it all, w/out the blending issue!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Someone on one of the forums I follow suggested using this to combat glitter fall out. I just recently got the Naked 2 palate, and those of you who have it know how difficult it can be to work with some of those really glittery shadows. Considering it basically saved me from having to return my Naked 2, I dont mind paying the additional 20$ for this product. Not only that, I can wear pigment shadows with confidence now. At first I thought it would be hard to work with, as it is a 'glue', but if you only use a thin layer, and act fast, you can still blend shadows on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a must have! My only complaint, and the reason I took off one lippie, is that there is still some glitter fallout. It is greatly minimized but I still found some glitter under my eyes. Otherwise, this stuff doesn't crease and is perfect for sparkly eyeshadows and MAC pigments. Color goes from sheer to WOW. I would recommend that everyone buy this. It's a makeup bag must!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

If you've ever had problems with glitter fallout, TF's Glitter Glue will be your BFF. I use the regular Shadow Insurance on a normal basis, but my super-glittery Chanel shadows would sprinkle glitter underneath and get into my contacts (ugh!). One day using this and I got no fallout whatsoever, which I noticed immediately when I put my shadows on. Usually I get a few glitter bits immediately after applying, but they didn't budge this time or towards the end of the day. Why isn't this 5-star/HG-worthy? GG does NOT play nice with other shadows. You will NOT be blending shadows with this, so you best apply GG just where you're putting your glittery shadow and use your normal eyeshadow primer elsewhere. I guess that makes the tube last longer, but it's still obnoxious. It can also be a pain to squeeze out the tube, and you have to be careful not to squeeze too hard and to do it from the end of the tube or else risking exploding the back seam.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

very cute packaging, and has become me and my mother in law's favourite primer- even more than udpp! maybe it is because we wear a ton of glitter and shimmer eyeshadows, but it's so great- plus, you can blend over it, as long as you use a dense crease brush to do so! the colour, shimmer, and glitter literally last the entire day! so happy i found this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by teinesamoa88

Great product! I use it with the Too Faced GlamourDust....that stuff stays put all day!

I do wish you get more for the price of the product though. I bought it from Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by paulinapwns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product, i needed a pretty purple eyeshadow to match my halloween costume, but at the time i was tight with money so i bought Maybalines Color Explosion pallet in their purple shades because one of the colors was the perfect shade of purple i was looking for. When i tried it with the regular SI the color still wasnt as vibrant as it is on the pallet so i did some research & saw that the Glitter Glue had amazing reviews.
It made the drug store brand colors really POP & last ALLLL night. i used it to do Sugar Skull Makeup for my halloween costume to a 10hr halloween music festival. I swear that the purple stayed just as vibrant from the time i got there @ 3:30pm in 80 degree weather from the time i got to my house @ 5:30am in 60 degree weather & had been dancing all day & night. & for once my bf did not complain about glitter getting all over him, because it didnt! it stayed on my face, where it should stay XD

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mybeadifullife

This product is very good. I like this for shadows with chunky glitter, or fine glitter or pigment. It dries completely to be not noticeable, and does not feel tacky or sticky.

Is pricey, but you use so little, one bottle will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why people are using a primer + this product because this product is a primer!! I have waited to do a review on this because I wanted to use it with regular eyeshadows, pigments, and mineralized eyeshadows to see how it would work. I found that the glitter glue works amazingly with regular eyeshadows, HOWEVER, you cannot blend over it. So you may just want to put the glitter glue on part of your eye because you won't be able to blend in the crease with it. My most favorite eyeshadow ever, Pink Split Mineralized Eyeshadow by MAC, works fantastic over the glitter glue. You don't need to foil the MES anymore since it completely sticks to the glitter glue!! Awesome. And of course pigments stick all day to this glitter glue. I haven't used glitter since I don't own any. But I'm sure it would work just as well as all the other products with the glitter glue. This is one of the most amazing products I've used in a long time. Highly recommend!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the previous reviewers. A great product that does what it claims to do. I still have some fall out, but I'm happy with the results nevertheless. Only apply this where you want the loose pigment/glitter to go. I tried applying regular eyeshadow over this stuff and that was a nightmare! I couldn't blend it. So I'll use my regular eyeshadow primer everywhere else when I want to use regular e/s. Now that I've figured it out, I love using this product!