Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

4.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d┬┐abeille, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Jojoba Esters, PVP, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

YES, YES YES and more YES. This is truly a MIRACLE product! I am beginning to love Too Faced more and more, because two of my favorite make up products of all time (this and the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer) are created by Too Faced. I am originally a "drug store girl", I am ballin' on a budget as they say. ;) Lately, I've been saving up my money and getting more hours at work, and I've been able to splurge on these products I've been drooling over for ages now. I am still faithful to my drug store products but I do believe there are certain make up items that are well worth the extra money because of their high quality and performance. Anyways, I LOVE glitters and pigments and anything sparkly/shimmery. Naturally, that is going to be a recipe for major fallout. I have been on a manhunt for months now for a glitter glue. I have tried Sally's Gel (the 99cent one) and it worked like total crap. It works decently for pigments, but it's kind of weird to work with and totally doesn't keep the glitter in place whatsoever. I then moved onto Hard Candy's Showgirl Glitter "Glue". It's definitely not a glue by any means and definitely doesn't prevent any type of fallout whatsoever. Defeated, I gave up and as a last resort I began to use my lash glue. I hated it because the texture was super obvious especially over eyeshadow, defeating the purpose all together. Even then, there was still some fall out and I honestly just gave up all together.

Somehow, God smiled upon me and I stumbled upon this Glitter Glue! uh, THANK YOU Jesus. Seriously. This is like magic in a tube! I definitely wouldn't ever use this as a regular primer, and I would use my Paint Pot or UDPP first, and then put on my eyeshadow like normal, especially my crease color and once my look is complete I would get a very small amount of this, carefully pat this onto my lid (do not rub if you have eyeshadow on, it will obviously destroy your color) and pack on that glitter! I prefer using my finger just so that it really sticks to the glue and to minimize fallout. I didn't know that I could have beautiful glitter eyes ever again. I had lost all hope, until Too Faced restored it. For 20$, this is pricey but it is a very rare product and it is so useful! Plus, this is probably going to last me ages because I obviously don't use glitter or super loose pigments every day. Go buy this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love glitter I put mac glitters on my eyes... What can I say I'm a rebel. I tried everything spraying my glitter picking up brush with hairspray Kenra, purology, and aqua net brand (made sure all my bases were covered). Then "sealed" it by spraying more hairspray in my eyes and it burned everytime even though I waited 1-2 min before opening them. It held for about 20 min but then it all came down everywhere I looked like a drunken middle aged stripper (highly frowned upon in chuck e cheese). So I took to the Internet for guidance astroglide, vizine, ky jelly (that's the stickiest shiit known to man), paint pots, primers galore, hard candy glitter sealant (garbage your better off with the ky astroglide cocktail) and some product I returned to Walgreens I felt defeated. Finally I read a review for LA splash sealer at ulta and they didnt have it they never do how I loathe ulta. I had seen the glitter glue in the past and as a last ditch effort I bought it from aafes (2.00 cheaper and without sales tax) . It's not a bad product it doesn't play friendly with shadows it's really sticky so patting it onto a bush then stippling it gently on the lid is the best way to use it. I stress being gentle or you'll gouge the hell outta your eye makeup (using it to blend as a base for anything but glitter or foiling is out of the question). It holds the thicker the glue the better it holds the glitter and the thicker you can pack it on! This tube will last me a year I'd say and I'm very liberal with it. My one complaint is unless you disco-fy your eye it leaves a weird visible film so keep that in mind if you want something not as dramatic.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Favorite primer I've ever used! Use this daily, mainly on just my eyelids. It increases pigmentation like you would not believe. I have never seen an eye primer do such an amazing job at increasing color payoff as this did. I could hardly believe it when I used it. It also helps you get a lot less fall out.
Only problem I can really find with this is I wouldn't put it all over if you plan to do a matte color in the crease; it can make that look a little blotchy for some reason. I'd stick to just using it with glitters and too increase payoff on lids.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So far, I've only had a sample of this (thank you, Sephora and your nice sampling philosophy!) but this stuff works!!!

I'm sure many reading this have eye shadows they would love to be able to use on a regular basis and without a lot of fuss and clean-up. I'm sure most of you know to PAT/PRESS on shadows like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again but even with the most careful application process and even with something like a silicone glitter shadow applicator and careful clean up after you apply your shadow, none of this will inhibit the fallout you will get through out the day, as you go through your normal activities of, oh, BLINKING, looking around, even daring to touch your eyes! Check yourself at noon and you've got glitter on your cheeks, your nose, all sorts of places where it wasn't when you left your house in the morning!

To the rescue comes Too Faced Glitter Glue. It is aptly named as it really will help hold in place the glitter in more problematic shadows (all of mine seem to be from UD). Yes, it's not that easy to blend shadows overtop of this primer but most of us aren't blending or brushing on these problem shadows in any case, since we know that doing that will just increase the fallout. So while it's not the most perfect base for a blended look, if you want to use a glittery, fallout-laden shadow (Maui Wowie, are your ears burning?), this primer will really help. I'm off to buy the full sized tube (I wish a small one of these came with one of TF's palettes) - I don't wear glitter shadows all that often but do find that this product is indispensable for those times when I do.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is a tad pricey for the amount of product you get I believe, but it works! I love this product i use it with all of my glittery eye shadows and my glitter. Yes there is still some fallout you will always have fallout. I would most definitely buy this product again it is amazing and i am in love with it!!!!! I love glitter and this product is definitely a must have. (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 oily monolids. Glitter glue + base = PERFECT.

FINALLY found a combination that works. Gets me thru my uber oily lids (that alone is a feat) + monsoon season (just to add to the madness) + a few hours of muggy salsa dancing (now I am a believer).

You literally have 2 seconds to apply this onto your lids before it's too dry to spread. Although I originally was impressed w/ the staying power, I ignored it b/c it was hard to blend shadows... few months later tried it again, this time w/ a base on top of it, such as Bobbi Brown Long Wear shadow on top (MAC Paint Pots did not cut it).

While I was cheating on TF Glittle Glue, these were the fails that creased on me: UDPP (reg & tinted), Etude Proof 10, ELF (reg & mineral), NARS, Too Faced (reg), Bare Minerals, Lorac, Paint Pot & variant bases by itself...

UPDATE: MUFE Eye Prime tops it all, w/out the blending issue!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Someone on one of the forums I follow suggested using this to combat glitter fall out. I just recently got the Naked 2 palate, and those of you who have it know how difficult it can be to work with some of those really glittery shadows. Considering it basically saved me from having to return my Naked 2, I dont mind paying the additional 20$ for this product. Not only that, I can wear pigment shadows with confidence now. At first I thought it would be hard to work with, as it is a 'glue', but if you only use a thin layer, and act fast, you can still blend shadows on top of it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is a must have! My only complaint, and the reason I took off one lippie, is that there is still some glitter fallout. It is greatly minimized but I still found some glitter under my eyes. Otherwise, this stuff doesn't crease and is perfect for sparkly eyeshadows and MAC pigments. Color goes from sheer to WOW. I would recommend that everyone buy this. It's a makeup bag must!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If you've ever had problems with glitter fallout, TF's Glitter Glue will be your BFF. I use the regular Shadow Insurance on a normal basis, but my super-glittery Chanel shadows would sprinkle glitter underneath and get into my contacts (ugh!). One day using this and I got no fallout whatsoever, which I noticed immediately when I put my shadows on. Usually I get a few glitter bits immediately after applying, but they didn't budge this time or towards the end of the day. Why isn't this 5-star/HG-worthy? GG does NOT play nice with other shadows. You will NOT be blending shadows with this, so you best apply GG just where you're putting your glittery shadow and use your normal eyeshadow primer elsewhere. I guess that makes the tube last longer, but it's still obnoxious. It can also be a pain to squeeze out the tube, and you have to be careful not to squeeze too hard and to do it from the end of the tube or else risking exploding the back seam.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

very cute packaging, and has become me and my mother in law's favourite primer- even more than udpp! maybe it is because we wear a ton of glitter and shimmer eyeshadows, but it's so great- plus, you can blend over it, as long as you use a dense crease brush to do so! the colour, shimmer, and glitter literally last the entire day! so happy i found this!