April 24, 2014 | 1041 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by PoisonIvy1273

This mascara was okay. I've definitely tried better. The main problem that I had with this mascara is that it smudges(I have a very oily eye area) so much. I would wear this to school in the meddle of winter and it would smudge before the end of second period! With a primer, it will last an addition al hour or so(Lancôme Cils Booster XL) The drugstore mascaras that I have(not waterproof) last longer than this. I wouldn't recommend this product but I'm pretty sure it would work for girls who didn't have a SUPER oily eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Isabellaqi

I got this item free an it is amazing. I would have to say it's more liquidy than normal drugstore mascara, which really helps the look and the layers!!! I love it! But my all time fave and rave at this time is L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara. I'm hoping to try L'oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara (or whatever it's called)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

Review for Teal:
It's a good mascara. Great if you have long and curly lashes, but if you have straight lashes then it's not the best (but not the worst) at holding a curl, hence the loss of one lippie. Another lippie lost because as many have said, the brush is quite large and it tends to catch your lid as your apply if you're not careful. It does give you a volumized but natural finish and can be built up, and since I'm not a fan of that really fake look this mascara works lovely imo. It gives you an soft, fluttery, full look and your lashes don't look or feel spikey and crunchy. It is very expensive and the only reason I purchased it was because I love colored mascaras and this one gives amazing wearable color payoff even on black lashes. The color is a nice metallic teal, but looks as if it has some silver in it (your lashes will not look like a true teal...but rather silvery teal). After the 2nd use, I have fallen in love with this mascara! i would definitely repurchase. I'm anxiously awaiting the copper version I ordered to arrive...unfortunately, teal and copper were LE :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HeidiG12

I got this product as a gift from my boyfriend, as I wanted to try it out for a long time. When I first tried it, I did not find anything special about this mascara and it seemed to be just as good as any drug store brand I tired. However, Just by changing the way I applied this mascara, It has become my all time favourite! I have received MANY compliments on my eyelashes, even people asking me if I was wearing falsies that day! I had very little flaking, nothing just dabbing with a finger couldnt fix and they held up all day without having to re-apply. The trick I used while applying this mascara is to start from the bottom and wiggle the wand and turn it at the same time, then go to the very top of my lashes and do the same while pressing the bush into them. It worked for me! This is deff my new HG Mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The sumptuous extreme sounded good and definitely looked good in beautiful gold packaging but I found it clumpy flaky and most annoyingly it stunts my lashes so no amount of curling or layering results in long lashes they just get clumsier and flakier. Wouldn't recommend it. I have used things half the price that are twice as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is not for really thick lashes but more of beautiful individual really long lashes. It coats and glides on super easily and stays put all day.

The packaging isn't the nicest but the product is great so don't be deceived, i definitely recommend this for those who want the length and deep colour without the thickness and no clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by KB333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It's packaging fooled me, it looked too "oldish" looking and I assumed it wouldn't work so well. However, this mascara works great for me! I use it for a more subtle eyelash appearance. For that more dramatic eyelash appearance I'd probably shoot for something else, yet this mascara is a great every-day purse item.

Oh and I really don't like the packaging, it makes me think of a grandmother :/ sorry

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ellyna92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a very good lengthening and curling mascara, rather than volumizing. Thanks to the fibers it contains I manage to get the look I always desired: super long, curly and separated lashes.
The colour is amazing: it's a very deep black that stays unaltered all day long. It doesn't smudge or flake, it's still beautiful in the evening when I get back home.

The packaging is... 'sumptuous': it comes in a golden tube, with the blue letters 'EL' running around it.

I will certainly buy it again.

The only con is the price... Here in Italy it costs 25.90 �, which is 33.80 $!!!!

***EDIT*** 8/02/2013

After a month and a half of use the formula started getting thicker and thicker, and these days I find it difficult to apply it without getting clumps.
It also started flaking by the time I applied it in the morning, because it became sort of 'dry'.
I have to remove one lippie because mascaras are supposed to 'live' about three months.... moreover the bottle still contains a lot of product and I hate the fact that I'd already need to buy a new one in order to get the results I want.

I would still buy this again if I don't find a better mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MrsNoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thankfully I got this in one of Estee Lauder's amazing gift with purchase deals that they did toward the end of last year...
I was really excited to try this one out, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed. For something that is called 'Sumptuous Extreme' I was expecting my lashes to be really full and lucious, but instead they are left looking quite average.
What I do like about it is that it doesn't dry and flake off the lashes, and is easy to get off in the evenings.
If you're after an everyday 'natural' look, I'd recommend this, but it's definitely not for party eyes like I was hoping!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by andrada89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best mascara I have ever tried. I was trying Lancome, Dior mascaras, but this one is the only mascara that made a visible difference on my eye lashes.