December 22, 2014 | 1070 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by CJCha

I really liked this powder! I am Chinese and have a yellow-ish skin tone and I think it absolutely illuminated my skin and made me look more awake and fresh. I find that it conceals skin well even for photos! I def. recommend it! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by shnarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I am light skinned asian, NC 20 I have it in Teint Dore since I wanted a bit more colour for the winter. It DOES darken over time... so after an hour of wearing it, I noticed I was much darker than the original application shade. So I've been using it to contour my cheeks and create depth to my face, and it creates the most natural looking sculpted face. I also really like the finish. The glitter is more finely milled in this product, so the result is a more natural looking oiliness, which i do not mind because it solves my 'powder face after foundation' issue. It is still dry where I live in Canada, so I'm greatful for the 'glow', but I'm curious to see if I'd end up using it in summer, for which i'll probably have to find an another contour product.

i took off a lippie b/c of the price! at 7g .23 oz, this thing is very pricy!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is not a
Powder-Foundation. It is a mattifying pressed powder meant to use in combination with a foundation.
I am fond of the Meteorites products of Guerlain I have them all, so I was anxious to find out if this new pressed powder would turn out to be my favourite.
I have an oily skin so mattifying products always have my attention!
II have a fair oily skin in a good condition. I don't have to cover scars etc. so I don't like full coverage.
Did product doesn't. But it doesn't accentuate my pores. My skin looks like velvet with this powder. It also gives my skin a healty glow. It does make my complexion look fantasic, This product is able to give that special healty glow-look without the shimmering of the "Meteorites Poudre de Perles".
So far I was very enthousiastic. But that changed after 30 minutes!
The powder was changing colour. I used the Beige no.2. After applying it was beautiful light beige, but after 30 minutes It was like I had a three week vacation on the Caribian. It turned out much too dark, but with that typical healty Guerlain glow.
Apart from changing colour, after 30 minutes my T-zone started to shine. That is extremely dissapointing for a mattifying product!
It is winter and my skin doesn't shine that quickly as it shines during the summer with warm temperatures.
This mattifying product makes my skin shine and became darker, so I won't buy it again.
Two MA's I just spoke about this product had the same experience. They weren't enthousiastic as well and they won't recommend it to women with an oily skin.

I can immagine that women with a dry skintype are more enthousiastic about this product. But as this product is mattifying, it is actually meant for women with an oily skin.

To my opinion it is therefore important to mention your skintype when you review a product..

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by orchidmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Product description:
This is a pressed powder for the face by Guerlain. The powder comes in three shades: Teint Rose for fair complexions, Teint Beige for mid-tone and Teint Dore for golden complexions.There is a fancy engraving in the powder and the powder is in monochrome skin-tone colors. Nothing fancy like the other meteorites products from Guerlain but this pressed powder is made with luminescent colored pearls as well. The container, although it looks very fancy, is made of plastic and is very light. The pressed powder comes with a soft powder puff for application and a velvet sleeve to protect the powder case.

My experience with this product:
When I first tried this on, I actually cleaned my face with a wipe in the store and the MUA patted this pressed powder on my face with a sponge wedge. This powder gives medium coverage and covers all of my acne scars except existing pimples (the red ones). It evened out my complexion beautifully. The powder feels very light and is like I have nothing on. My skin looks good and I did not expect such great coverage from this pressed powder as I initially only thought it was a finishing powder. I have very dry skin now, as it is in the winter, and this powder is able to provide sufficient moisture. After wearing for 6 hours, none of my dry patches are emphasized, my t-zone area does not look oily and my skin still look great. Another thing is that I only applied this pressed powder and no blush on my face. I totally forgot about blush because I looked so good. My face does not look washed-out or extremely pale with just the pressed powder on. I think that due to the luminescent pearl properties, so even if you do not apply blush / bronzer / highlighter, your skin will still look good.

This compact contains 7g of powder and in comparison with other brands, that is not a lot for the price but if you consider that you do not need to reapply the powder as often,or even at all. And that it provides great moisture and oil absorbing properties at the same time, it is a great product and a good buy.

Powder foundation is my usual choice of foundation, except for winter time where I would choose liquid over powder. This is now my favorite powder foundation and I would use this in the winter as well.

Note: For those with a sensitive nose, please bear in mind that there is the signature Guerlain scent for this pressed powder.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No