July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Ninasa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As many Guerlain products, you are often paying for the oh so pretty packaging the product comes in..This is the 2nd bronzer I got from Guerlain, first one I got as a present but didnt like it as it had too many sparkles and the last thing I wanted was to look like a christmas tree lol. So I asked for this one as a bday present (knowing it supposedly retails for approximately $80)..overall thoughts, its a good bronzer, but I am convinced that one can find a very similar bronzer for half the price. Pros: no sparkles, 4 seasons powder (hence, good for year round) pretty packaging..but thats about it.
Cons: hefty price tag, also, does not comes with a brush, not even a small one.. and when one is paying close to a $100 for a bronzer(?!) I think the least one should be allowed is a small brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by portillosa

The nice lady at iciparisxl let me try this wonderful product from guerlain. She said it was new and was worth a try. She put 4 seasons (Brunette) I thought at first it was too dark (I guess she got overly excited showing off the product and put a lot on my face) :p but then still I got that glow healthy look on my face. I said maybe I should try the blonde to make it lighter but then she said since it's 4 seasons (diff. shades) I can just use the lighter colors if I want lighter effect. So I bought it and at home the next day my face cleaned (did all my rituals) I applied this over my tinted moisturizer, but this time lighter on my temple, cheeks, nose and chin and the result is just amazing. Not too shinny but there's a glow and not too matt which I love. I keep on looking at my face. It's expensive but every time I see the result on my face I always feel it's worth buying it. Not to mention i love the design of the packaging it's so luxurious. When I hold it in my hand i feel like i'm holding a piece of jewel. I was thinking of my buying the blonde 4 seasons in the winter because my skin tends to be a lot lighter. Try it first before buying it. Put a small amount first and build it up depending on your tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by KCrawford714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Dry/Normal, Somewhat sensitive skin
Problems: Occasional blemishes, Freckles, Sometimes flaky, dry patches

Ah, a $75 bronzer, the luxury! Tehee :) I bought this bronzer because it was my birthday and I wanted one pricey make up item I can remember.
I really do adore this bronzer, it has a nice BROWN glow, not orange or anything, however, if you do add too much, you can look a dirty brown. Oh, by the way, I got this in 02 Brunettes. I find that I get the best natural, glowy application when I just squiggle my brush (I use a MAC 134 brush) very lightly and just down through all the colors once, tap once, then apply. Beautifulll. :)
The downfalls would just be the price for one, and the other would be the smell. It doesn't linger after you put it on, it's just there when you open the case and apply it to your brush. Aside from those two factors, this is a wonderful bronzer that I would highly recommend if you have that type of money to spend. It is a matte finish so if you like something without those sparkles, it's definitely a product to look into! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm about a N15 and have this bronzer in 01 Blonde. At $75, I will not repurchase, as I'll either swap this or have it forever. It takes just one swipe over all 4 colors for each cheek, so I'm glad I got the lightest color. Guerlain products are hit or miss for me and, although this is a nice bronzer, I've only used it once and then put it away in my stash. I just can't get past the clunky packaging, which seems like an expensive waste to me when there are other brands that are less expensive and just as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought the brunettes one. product is silky and soft on your skin. it smells great, i would buy it again even just for the smell of it. it looks really natural and matte. it doesnt make my pale complexion orange. very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did I mention that I love Guerlain?! This product is one of the reasons that this brand is so amazing to me. If you own this, you will never need another bronzer again. I have hit the pan on the "blondes" compact and have already repurchased. I also own the "brunettes". I use both essentially the same way: for contouring. With an angled face brush, I swipe the two darkest shades and apply to the hollows of my cheeks. Then with the same brush I swipe the two lightest colours (depending on the season I might go into the third quadrant), and apply to the temples and on the sides of the face in the "3" motion. The product instantly imparts sculpture and radiance to the face.

The "blondes" palette is pink toned and if you use it the way that I do, you may not even need blush as it is quite warm. Therefore, when I want to wear a daring blush colour, I use the "brunettes" compact, because it is neutral coloured. The name "4 seasons" suggests the product can be used all year around, and it you play with the different colour combinations, you can adapt the product to your skin perfectly on a daily basis.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG is the regular terracotta in the new 01 shade that they released about a year ago (which is different from the old 01, and 00 turns orange on me) but I had bought the 4 Seasons in Brunettes just before buying that one (I know, I know, the story is when I found out they had the new lighter shade I had to buy it because I am pale and it was everything I wanted).

If you haven't seen it, the packaging is better than the normal terracotta packaging, heavier and with a magnetic close and a pouch. I slide a tiny kanebo fan brush in the pouch when i am out.

I am around NC15 or slightly lighter in winter. Color wise, the 4 Seasons Brunettes shade, even using a fan brush or a skunk and even using the lightest shades, is just a smidge too dark to make it my year round HG, but my higher index sunscreen makes me so white in summer that I use this to counteract the pale. Compared to the regular terracotta, this powder feels silkier and has a different smell. If I have time to play with the brush in the mornings I will sometimes reach for this (the regular one is more apply and go).

FWIW the SA who sold this to me told me that Blondes is too pink for people with pinky skin, which is why he gave me Brunettes even though my hair is blonde.

If I hadn't found the new 01 this would be in heavier rotation than it already is, but not using it all the time doesn't mean I think the 4 seasons is a bad product. It is a great product and worth a try if you have the $$$. In fact, if you are a NC20-25 this could be the perfect bronzer for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by michellepon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this bronzer!!!! I bought 02 Brunette last week cause I wanted to bring out a nice glow on my tanned skin. It's my first time to own a bronzer and have read tonnes of forums about the best bronzers before I finally decided to buy this baby!!!!
I'm happy with it cause this 02 Brunette comes with a 4 nice shades that is perfect specially if blended together, The compact is heavy though but I can tell you there is a purpose. One day I went to a changing room to apply my bronzer. Due to my carelessness my bronzer fell hard on the floor! OMG the worst scenario that will happen specially with an expensive bronzer!!! To my surprise when I picked up the compact, there was not even a single crack with my bronzing powder all was perfetcly fine. Then only i realized maybe that's the reason why they came up with such a heavy compact.
For those searching for a perfect bronzer must definitley try this one, its perfect although a bit exp. but worth it. I use it for contouring and it's just simply the best. Two thumbs up for this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

well, im all about skin. my make up-kit contains tons of face make up. and well, bronzers and blushes are what i treasure the most.
i will confess, im a bronze-oholic! ive got a huge collection of bronzers (benefit hoola, nars laguna, nars casino, christian dior honey matte, urban decay baked, cargo, too Faced chocolate soleil, bare escentuals faux tan...the list goes on )
NONE of the mentioned is in the same category as this baby. this is truly the bronzer of all bronzers.

its so finely milled and it goes on so smoothly.
i got it in both shades, 01 and 02 (i know... its sad) and i use them for different purposes.
the 01 blondes is much more orange-y and is great in summer when you want that natural extra bronze on your already existing tan. i wouldnt use it in the winter months. strangely enough i use the 02 brunettes much more than the 01 even though im a light nc20 in winter i get more use out of the "darker" of the two.
i think the names are a bit misleading as i really think that the 02 brunettes would suite everyone all year depending on how you use it. if applied with a light hand it could be very very sheer.

the smell is beautiful... to me it smells a bit like the dove beauty bar, which i like :)

i cannot recommend this product enough! its pricey but it lasts forever and you will not reach for any other bronzers.

HG!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by oaksumai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive lastlonggggggggg no shimmer texture is what u paid