Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

on 6/26/2013 10:52:00 PM

I bought this on the internet for about $65 AU, which isn't too bad considering how much it really costs at department stores. I have this in 02 for brunettes and use it mostly for contouring and sometimes as a bronzer in summer. I particularly love this as a contouring bronzer, because it contains four different tones of brown which can be mixed or used individually to sculpt your face. Without using this product, my face looks flat, pale and dull. But When I contour my face with this and MAC 168 brush around my cheek bones, temples and forehead, WOW I look like I have a smaller face!! or should I say it makes my face look three dimensional ~!!! I wish I'd discovered this product earlier.. it really makes you look like a million bucks and gives you a subtle luminous glow..* although it's a matt power (I think the house of Guerlain is just an expert at making powders etc). I really recommend it if you want to invest in a high quality, customisable bronzer! I'm sure it'll last for about 2-3 years! for sure!

on 6/26/2013 12:21:00 PM

This is a fortune, any way you slice it. In no universe is any powder "worth" $75. But, I was feeling decadent, so I purchased Natural Brunettes 03 for my light tan neutral NC30/C4 Asian combo complexion. The texture is incredible, velvety soft with no powdery finish. Pores are somehow minimized and the skin is smoothed. I swirl all 4 colors w/ a big fluffy brush to skim my face perimeter and hollows to add dimension. Then I use the 2 darkest colors w/a dense blush brush for the tops of my cheeks for a flushed look. It really is one of those, “What did she do differently” products where a sweep here and there just adds up to healthy glowing skin. There is NO mica, no shimmer, no iridescence. It’s just the quality of the powder that really enhances your skin without any shimmery gimmicks. Compact is beautiful too, heavy and rich feeling. It is an all-around luxurious gorgeous product.

on 6/24/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This review is for last year's shade 02 Brunettes, currently sold as shade 05 Moyen Brunettes.
I was ambling through my local department store one lunchtime last week and saw the 02 palette on sale at half price. That's right - half price! There was no Guerlain SA on duty and I couldn't match the product to the testers on display (this year Guerlain have 6 palettes in this range instead of last year's 2) Another SA who didn't know the range opened up the palette for me to take a look and so I bought it "blind" without trying it out.
And so glad I did! I'm BB Warm Natural/MAC 40-42, darker in summer, and I like to use bronzer to add some lift and glow without looking as "done" as blush. This palette is perfect. The shades are completely matte in the palette and it's only when you look very closely at your face in natural light that you can see the most subtle gold shimmer. This is itself shows that you get what you pay for - there's none of that very obvious shimmer and glitter which I personally find quite off-putting in a bronzer.
I would caution that you need to use a very light touch - this is a very concentrated and pigmented product so it might take a few applications to get it right. The first time I used it I was too heavy handed and it turned slightly orange on me. The texture is quite unusual - it's a very creamy powder which doesn't leave any loose flecks behind when you've swiped the brush over it, so there is no waste or mess. I found that it lasts all day if you top it with a fine dusting of loose powder.
At the moment I am very lightly swirling the brush over all four shades in the palette but I am looking forward to trying different permutations of the shades as my complexion changes through the year. These shades would also be ideal as daytime eye colours (I've used the darkest across the lid and it looks great). With four shades you are bound to find the combination which suits you.
The packaging is utterly luxurious, as would be expected from Guerlain. A gorgeous heavy compact in a matching velvet pouch with a decent sized mirror.
Worth every penny, and a pleasure to use.

on 6/13/2013 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this bronzer! have it in the 03 shade, gives that perfect yellowy tint rather than the orangey look, which I think looks awful on anyone btw.
Tried a lot of them in my time high end and low best so far besides clé de peau :)

on 6/2/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A big and strong 'Yes' on this amazing product. Great, silky colors combined together to create a flawless bronzed look customised for all year's seasons. Bravo Guerlain!

This is amazing, the best bronzer i have ever used. It's so silky in texture, it looks so natural, goes on beautifully and it just makes my skin glow. It is quite expensive but worth it!

on 4/27/2013 1:50:00 PM

Holy shit! That's how I'm starting the review.... as in, Holy shit this stuff is amazing.

I have overhauled ALL my makeup recently, I've gone for SUQQU and Guerlain... and this is one of the items I bought.
I strolled to the counter thinking right, I know what i'm doing - and I got caught by the Guerlain lady, and this lady is VERY good with her sales tactic. Things take time once this lady has you on the stool.

Long story short, I wanted blondes, she told me to get brunettes... I thought she was wrong. I'm very pale indeed, and whilst I am brunette, I always assumed that I was more blonde because of the skintone I have - it's yellow based and quite sallow.
Well Guerlain lady, you just chose my HG bronzer for me, she was absolutely right, this bronzer is 100% the right shade for me despite it looking scarily dark!

I apply it with a light hand. It has no shimmer, it looks like i've been out in the sun and guess what? Even my boyfriend approves....although I haven't told him the cost.
Speaking of my boyfriend, he has a fairly easy tanning skintone and I also applied it on him (he's very patient like that). He was impressed with the results and rather than washing it off he said "hmmm, i think i'll leave this on". This stuff, if applied correctly is imperceptible on the skin, and that is exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm very much a no makeup, makeup kinda girl and this is going to be a HUUUGE benefit to me, I join in the raves with this one. I did notice a 1 star review, and what I'd say to that person is that if they bought the brunettes one they would probably like it a lot better, the blondes is very orange, do not be fooled by that - even if you're fair skinned like I am!!

If you like bronzers to look like an actual tan, don't walk to the nearest counter - RUN!

on 3/4/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite bronzer of all time.

The 4 seasons bronzer is a heavy duty bronzer, it's matte and EXTREMELY creamy (I cannot believe this is a POWDER bronzer as it's too creamy and silky).

It's also very pigmented, and very easily blendable.

The idea behind this bronzer is that it will suit your skin tone no matter what season it is. It comes with 4 different colors that you can use all year round, PLUS you can use it as eyeshadow as well.

on 11/5/2012 5:46:00 AM

First of all,i love Guerlain,has the finest bronzers but very expensive...But that`s the price for a non FAKE result....
There is a variation in 4 shades to sculpt your face all year long.
The perfect gradation of caramelized tones.
Terracotta 4 Seasons features 4 matte shades to blend together to match every kind of skin tone or season, for an authentic tan.And with an incredibly natural result.
With endless possibilities for combining and layering, this bronzer is the one i cannot live without,and believe me i have tones of bronzers!
I even use it as an eye shadow.H.G product.-oh I dislike the heavy scent but thats OK.

on 9/22/2012 10:15:00 PM

As many Guerlain products, you are often paying for the oh so pretty packaging the product comes in..This is the 2nd bronzer I got from Guerlain, first one I got as a present but didnt like it as it had too many sparkles and the last thing I wanted was to look like a christmas tree lol. So I asked for this one as a bday present (knowing it supposedly retails for approximately $80)..overall thoughts, its a good bronzer, but I am convinced that one can find a very similar bronzer for half the price. Pros: no sparkles, 4 seasons powder (hence, good for year round) pretty packaging..but thats about it.
Cons: hefty price tag, also, does not comes with a brush, not even a small one.. and when one is paying close to a $100 for a bronzer(?!) I think the least one should be allowed is a small brush!