April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought the brunettes one. product is silky and soft on your skin. it smells great, i would buy it again even just for the smell of it. it looks really natural and matte. it doesnt make my pale complexion orange. very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did I mention that I love Guerlain?! This product is one of the reasons that this brand is so amazing to me. If you own this, you will never need another bronzer again. I have hit the pan on the "blondes" compact and have already repurchased. I also own the "brunettes". I use both essentially the same way: for contouring. With an angled face brush, I swipe the two darkest shades and apply to the hollows of my cheeks. Then with the same brush I swipe the two lightest colours (depending on the season I might go into the third quadrant), and apply to the temples and on the sides of the face in the "3" motion. The product instantly imparts sculpture and radiance to the face.

The "blondes" palette is pink toned and if you use it the way that I do, you may not even need blush as it is quite warm. Therefore, when I want to wear a daring blush colour, I use the "brunettes" compact, because it is neutral coloured. The name "4 seasons" suggests the product can be used all year around, and it you play with the different colour combinations, you can adapt the product to your skin perfectly on a daily basis.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG is the regular terracotta in the new 01 shade that they released about a year ago (which is different from the old 01, and 00 turns orange on me) but I had bought the 4 Seasons in Brunettes just before buying that one (I know, I know, the story is when I found out they had the new lighter shade I had to buy it because I am pale and it was everything I wanted).

If you haven't seen it, the packaging is better than the normal terracotta packaging, heavier and with a magnetic close and a pouch. I slide a tiny kanebo fan brush in the pouch when i am out.

I am around NC15 or slightly lighter in winter. Color wise, the 4 Seasons Brunettes shade, even using a fan brush or a skunk and even using the lightest shades, is just a smidge too dark to make it my year round HG, but my higher index sunscreen makes me so white in summer that I use this to counteract the pale. Compared to the regular terracotta, this powder feels silkier and has a different smell. If I have time to play with the brush in the mornings I will sometimes reach for this (the regular one is more apply and go).

FWIW the SA who sold this to me told me that Blondes is too pink for people with pinky skin, which is why he gave me Brunettes even though my hair is blonde.

If I hadn't found the new 01 this would be in heavier rotation than it already is, but not using it all the time doesn't mean I think the 4 seasons is a bad product. It is a great product and worth a try if you have the $$$. In fact, if you are a NC20-25 this could be the perfect bronzer for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by michellepon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really really love this bronzer!!!! I bought 02 Brunette last week cause I wanted to bring out a nice glow on my tanned skin. It's my first time to own a bronzer and have read tonnes of forums about the best bronzers before I finally decided to buy this baby!!!!
I'm happy with it cause this 02 Brunette comes with a 4 nice shades that is perfect specially if blended together, The compact is heavy though but I can tell you there is a purpose. One day I went to a changing room to apply my bronzer. Due to my carelessness my bronzer fell hard on the floor! OMG the worst scenario that will happen specially with an expensive bronzer!!! To my surprise when I picked up the compact, there was not even a single crack with my bronzing powder all was perfetcly fine. Then only i realized maybe that's the reason why they came up with such a heavy compact.
For those searching for a perfect bronzer must definitley try this one, its perfect although a bit exp. but worth it. I use it for contouring and it's just simply the best. Two thumbs up for this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

well, im all about skin. my make up-kit contains tons of face make up. and well, bronzers and blushes are what i treasure the most.
i will confess, im a bronze-oholic! ive got a huge collection of bronzers (benefit hoola, nars laguna, nars casino, christian dior honey matte, urban decay baked, cargo, too Faced chocolate soleil, bare escentuals faux tan...the list goes on )
NONE of the mentioned is in the same category as this baby. this is truly the bronzer of all bronzers.

its so finely milled and it goes on so smoothly.
i got it in both shades, 01 and 02 (i know... its sad) and i use them for different purposes.
the 01 blondes is much more orange-y and is great in summer when you want that natural extra bronze on your already existing tan. i wouldnt use it in the winter months. strangely enough i use the 02 brunettes much more than the 01 even though im a light nc20 in winter i get more use out of the "darker" of the two.
i think the names are a bit misleading as i really think that the 02 brunettes would suite everyone all year depending on how you use it. if applied with a light hand it could be very very sheer.

the smell is beautiful... to me it smells a bit like the dove beauty bar, which i like :)

i cannot recommend this product enough! its pricey but it lasts forever and you will not reach for any other bronzers.

HG!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by oaksumai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive lastlonggggggggg no shimmer texture is what u paid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This must be the most expensive bronzer on the face of the planet, but will definitely last me years. This was 75$ for .35oz of product which is in line with other brands but is definitely luxurious (NARS are .28oz, Dior are .42oz, MAC are .35oz, Bobbi Brown are .28oz). So what justifies 2 or 3 times the price? Firstly, the packaging is very heavy and luxurious, it's really a beautiful and quality compact. Secondly, there are 4 colors in the compact (all the other brands I've tried are one solid color throughout) and is very versatile for different times of the year. In the winter I'm about NW10 and the summer I'm NW20 and 01 Blondes still works for me. The SA at the counter put this on me and it warmed up my face immediately. You can swipe different directions for many different combinations of intensity with 0 shimmer. NO SPARKLES. I use this for contour and it's probably the nicest piece of makeup that I own. Thirdly, Guerlain has been making bronzing products for over 50 years and is renowned for the best bronzers in the industry and this is no exception. You only need a little since it's so pigmented. The case holds shut with a nice magnet. There is a strong floral scent but it doesn't bother me. Perfection in a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lovetosparkle

You really get what you pay for with this bronzer. I decided to treat myself one day and purchased this product at $80 in 02-Brunettes. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous packaging. It comes in a velvet pouch and the compact works on a magnet. The powder itself has a luxurious smell to it. I don't prefer scented beauty products, but the scent of this powder is amazing! I like that there are 4 shades which make it perfect to apply in all seasons - just like the name suggests! The bronzer is matte and not at all orange. I have had this product for a year and a half, have been using it everyday, and have still not hit pan! Would definitely recommend if you are willing to splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pro:
- this bronzer has the perfect colour and 02 brunettes works perfectly on my rather pale skin
- it's reasonably pigmented, so you only need a small amount
- the finish is matte, but the consistency is very smooth and it looks perfectly natural
- it has 4 different shades, so you can mix your perfect shade according to your skintone
- the packaging is very luxurious, rather heavy with a mirror inside
- it lasts a very long time. I've used it everyday for 6 months now and not even the logo on top of the powder has vanished.

Con:
- very expensive
- the scent is indeed rather strong (but I like it)

All in all this is my favourite matte bronzer. I like it a lot more than Hoola by benefit..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this product in 01 Blondes. I was thinking of getting this in 02 Brunettes but I didn't bother because this is such a hefty bronzer and I don't think I'm going to hit pan for at least 5 years.

This is an expensive bronzer. But since this is Guerlain I'm not surprised. It's housed in a hefty luxurious packaging w/ a mirror. This has a subtle violet-oriental scent that dissipates quickly. Too bad for the price that it didn't come w/ a brush.

I'm NC 30 for reference, and Blondes is just right for me. I don't use each shade separately, I just swish my brush and I apply this very lightly, as one can overdo if you apply enthusiastically. It's didn't go orange on me, just a nice healthy tanned look. It didn't dry out my skin, nor streak it's just a healthy natural flush.

I guess I understand now why Guerlain Terracotta is the leading bronzing product out in the market.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No