October 31, 2014 | 1615 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used numerous curling irons in my day. My 3/4 inch from Conair makes it take 2 hours for me to curl my slick straight and long hair. My hair won't hold a curl with anything over an inch. However, this curling wand makes styling a breeze. It takes me 20-30 minutes to curl my entire head (My hair is SUPER thick.) and it lasts all day. I can even wake up the next morning with beautiful beachy waves. Even though it is super cheap, it is super amazing. The glove, however, is NOT fully heat protective. It even says so on the instructions. It is just one layer of cotton. It will only protect you from burns for about 2 seconds. I personally don't use the glove because I find it harder to hold my hair, plus it gets static-y if i use the glove a lot. I burn myself maybe twice every time I curl my hair, but it heals within a day or two, and they're only the size of a water droplet. So it's no big deal. I definitely recommend this wand, you will LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Layyyla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this curling wand- the best one on the market!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this wand! i have it in 2 sizes. Honestly it makes curling hair so simple and so fast. I gives a pretty s-curl. I use the smaller wand to achieve tighter my fancy curls and the bigger wand when im going for the beachy waves/larger curl look. Works great on my real hair and my extensions. everyone always assumes i spent so long doing my hair meanwhile with this wand i literally spend 10 minutes 15 max on it. love love love this product.

the only con is that it does not have an auto-shut off feature and i have left it on many times burning my vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sarah304

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

People that are giving this product negative reviews, do not know how to use it. This is possibly the best curling iron I've ever used. I can get tight curls or loose waves from this. Its wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

This works beautifully. It's much easier to use than a curling iron and it's easier to manipulate the degree of wave or curl you want in your hair. Personally, I love bouncy and defined curls, and that's easily achievable with either size of this wand. My hair is frizzy and uncooperative, so the fact that I can curl my entire head in about 5 minutes is a blessing. It's relatively inexpensive as well. Quite frankly, I think it definitely stood up to the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ginimarrero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great tool. It heats a lot but doesnt "fried" hair. I loveee it. Durable curls

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would highly recommend the Pearl wand if you're looking to try out a curling wand. It's probably the cheapest out there, but it gives great results. It does feel really cheap and plastick-y, but it performs well, so I won't complain. It's really easy to get the hang of it - much much easier than a traditional clip curling iron. Just watch a few youtube videos, and you'll be ready to go. The only thing is, while it comes with a full heat protective glove, it's really hard to style using the glove. It's messy trying to section hair when you have the glove on, and you can't feel your hair sliding between your fingers. So I don't use the glove, but that means it's super easy to burn myself. I have to really go slow and take my time to ensure that I don't burn myself. I've used the wand 2-3 times so far, and already burned myself once. Not a truly terrible burn, but bad enough that it took 2 weeks to heal. So make sure there's no one around in the bathroom to knock your arm or anything! Overall, the wand itself is great, and I would highly recommend it.
PS: To the girls saying that the glove doesn't protect against heat - what the heck are you doing, grasping the wand and squeezing hard for 30 seconds? There should be no reason to have enough contact with the wand to feel heat through the glove - I would recommend looking up proper technique. You should only have to very gently hold the end of the hair strand in place, not press down on it. Otherwise, the glove just needs to protect you from accidental quick brushes with the wand, which it does adequately.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kierstennakita

I honestly never review but this wand is absolutely amazing. I love the look of beachy waves and thats exactly what you get! I normally wouldn't buy drugstore brand hot tools but after reading a few reviews and realizing the price was only $30, I couldn't resist. I have thick hair that is past my shoulders and when I use my wand, it only takes 10 minutes. It's so quick and easy! Love love love! Will repurchase when mine unfortunately gives out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Remington's Pearl blow dryer with diffuser and love it. It is a thing of beauty but this thing is AWFUL. It's useless, it's a waste and did not work on my hair. Perhaps my curls were too much for this wand but it didn't even "bend" the hair and I ended up with a horrible burned hair smell. I played around with the controls - ultra high, high, medium, low and still nothing.

I saw reviews on youtube and here so I bought it Friday night and decided to use it Saturday morning. No matter how I wrapped my hair - I ended up with limp, lifeless pieces of hair. I used thick pieces, I used thin piece of hair and still nothing. Just a lot of limp something (I can't even call them curls or waves) - no definition - no anything.

Sorry girls, the only thing I can say good about this item is that it is not hard to use. This is so bad - I'd give it a zero if I could.

I am headed back to Ulta to return it today and look for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this curling iron. My hair is thick, wavy, and nearly impossible to curl, especially with other curling irons. I wasn't sure what to buy when it came to good curling irons, so i did my research on curling wands, and tried this over the Conair You Curl. This gives my hair soft, looser curls, or tight, shiny ringlets, depending on the occasion, and you don't have to slave over a hot curling iron for hours, or have to deal with annoying rollers in your hair. My only complaint is that it's very easy to burn yourself with this (I've burnt my arm pretty badly on it), despite the inclusion of heat protection glove, so be careful. Also, hair does tend to slip down to the end of the barrel, which means tighter curls usually, and I don't have a problem with that, but if you do, it could be a deal breaker. Overall, this is an awesome curling iron, and a great bang for your buck. I've recommended it to my friend as well, and she loved it too and also purchased it after I curled her hair with it. Great, great curling iron