Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Tiger Lily

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/23/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tiger Lily is a light pink tinted lip balm. I don't think I have very pigment lips, but this did not show up on me at all. As a lip balm it's great, very moisturizing. I also have this in Hibiscus and absolutely love it.

on 3/9/2011 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a fan of Burt's Bees for years, and this new line of tinted lip balms is no exception. They are awesome! All the greatness & moisturization of regular Burt's lip balms, but with a wash of sheer color. Very moisturizing and give a nice layer of sheer color, but can be applied on the go without a mirror - which is all I want from a tinted lip balm. Most tinted balms are either so dark they're unusable with no mirror & must be applied like a lipstick (which defeats the purpose IMHO) or they're useless as an actual balm. This gets high points on both marks. These are my new HG and I will definitely continue to repurchase these.

on 2/25/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this color on my lips, it gives them a bit of a peachy tinge and moisturizes really well. I also like that, unlike most Burt's Bees lip balms, it isn't hard/chunky and difficult to apply. I think the packaging is cute, in a shabby chic kind of way, but I wasn't really pleased with the $6.99 price tag, though. Oh-well, I will definitely re-purchase when I run out!

on 2/21/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had such high hopes for this, but I was immediately let down when I found out that the 6.99 I shelled out was probably due to the bulky cardboard tubes that house the actual normal plastic chapstick applicator, bumping their starring role to nothing more than eye-candy followed by a long stint in the landfill. I would recycle them, but a quick look at my county's recycling standards is enough to tell me that they wouldn't accept them. Ah, what a shame. At least I have that beautiful orange tinted lip balm, right? Sadly, no. The color doesn't leave any trace of being on my lips, except for a nice buttery sheen. And that's the one of the two things that makes this over-glorified chapstick incompletely hatable. The other is the scent, markedly different from the usual Burt's Bees peppermint scent, which is nice for a change. Overall, if you haven't figured it out, its a dud to me.

on 2/10/2011 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for these lip balms, but Tiger Lily was a disappointment. In the tube, it appears peachy orange but on my pigmented lips it's pretty much clear lip balm. Maybe if you have unpigmented lips, you might see a slighty peachy tint. I'll continue using this as regular lip balm as it has a nice texture and is pretty moisturizing, but won't repurchase this particular shade in the future. I paid $5.99 at CVS and found the packaging really bulky and pointless (cardbard two-piece tube houses a regular plastic brown lip balm container).

on 1/20/2011 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These tinted lip balms are very new and come in four shades. I got the Tiger Lily shade, which is peachy. I have very pigmented lips so I didn't see any color, but the balm is super moisturizing! It's the first time I've had a drugstore stick lip balm that was creamy from the first swipe. The packaging is attractive and sanitary, and the price is low, so I think I've found a good stick lip balm. (Although Rosebud Salve is still the best overall!)

Popular Lip Treatments