April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Tiger Lily

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by TerreneSpoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this, but I was immediately let down when I found out that the 6.99 I shelled out was probably due to the bulky cardboard tubes that house the actual normal plastic chapstick applicator, bumping their starring role to nothing more than eye-candy followed by a long stint in the landfill. I would recycle them, but a quick look at my county's recycling standards is enough to tell me that they wouldn't accept them. Ah, what a shame. At least I have that beautiful orange tinted lip balm, right? Sadly, no. The color doesn't leave any trace of being on my lips, except for a nice buttery sheen. And that's the one of the two things that makes this over-glorified chapstick incompletely hatable. The other is the scent, markedly different from the usual Burt's Bees peppermint scent, which is nice for a change. Overall, if you haven't figured it out, its a dud to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for these lip balms, but Tiger Lily was a disappointment. In the tube, it appears peachy orange but on my pigmented lips it's pretty much clear lip balm. Maybe if you have unpigmented lips, you might see a slighty peachy tint. I'll continue using this as regular lip balm as it has a nice texture and is pretty moisturizing, but won't repurchase this particular shade in the future. I paid $5.99 at CVS and found the packaging really bulky and pointless (cardbard two-piece tube houses a regular plastic brown lip balm container).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

These tinted lip balms are very new and come in four shades. I got the Tiger Lily shade, which is peachy. I have very pigmented lips so I didn't see any color, but the balm is super moisturizing! It's the first time I've had a drugstore stick lip balm that was creamy from the first swipe. The packaging is attractive and sanitary, and the price is low, so I think I've found a good stick lip balm. (Although Rosebud Salve is still the best overall!)