Too Faced Romantic Eye

4.1

on 7/3/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this palette! I own the Naked palette, thebalm nude, etc. However, there's something about this palette that makes it so unique. The colors are great, the quality amazing, the combinations you can create are endless. The shadows are so easy to blend and long lasting (I always wear primer). The colors are adorable! I love the green one. I have green eyes, so these work perfectly. I also own the smokey eye, and I want to get the summer one. The other two natural and naked are too similar to the other 6 naked/nude palettes I own. Either way, romantic eye is my favorite palette, and this is coming from a makeup junkie :)

on 4/23/2012 10:14:00 PM

Love this palette! I love that this product comes with the cards to guide you through doing the looks. They are very easy to understand. I've done all three looks and have to say my favorite would be the fashion look. I like how the bottom row is pigmented.

on 4/22/2012 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I own 4 of Too Faced's palettes and this one probably has the most variety in shadow colors. There are 3 different "looks" you can do with this palette.

The top row has very neutral, subtle shadows. Even the darkest shade is not overly dramatic. The middle row contains shadows to do a purple based eye look. This row would probably work best for neutral to cool toned people. However, even though I have neutral coloring that leans warm, this row works great with my mostly green eyes! The bottom row is more gold and warm toned and reminds me of some of the colors in the Natural and Naked Eye palettes. The gold shadow however is beautiful!

I like how this palette has a variety of colors and a nice balance of matte and shimmery shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette often simply because of its versatility.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking at this online for several days before going to purchase it. It was the last one they had, so I figured it must be that good and worth it. Or it could be that Valentine's Day is coming up and women love the idea of a Romantic palette. The box itself and packaging is feminine and pretty. It's more compact than the former palettes in a box style from Too Faced. You can use the shades as they are lined up or create your own style and combinations. I think this is the most loved palette because it's truly the most versatile and girlish. The other palettes are either warm or cool shades, and this has both.

Shade information from Too Faced:

Soulmates: shimmering nectar

I Do: smokey taupe, looks like a cooler toned MAC Copperplate.

Unveil: Smoldering coal, or a deep smokey espresso brown.

Kiss The Bride: pink petal

Cut The Cake: heathered mist.

First Dance: midnight orchid

Bouquet Toss: baby's breath, an ivory.

Honeymoon: gilded fern, it's so metallic and almost a gold coin with a khaki tone.

Ever After: spicy chocolate

on 12/15/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I did not buy this product with my own money this was a swap item with one of mt lovely swap sisters! Once I got the package with this palette I was so excited. I opened it up and the Palette was in such better condition them what my girl explained and what the picture looked like. So opened it up and swatched the colors they were so creamey and smooth. I love the colors and the pigmentation. This was my first too faced palette and for that maktter product. The payoff on these shadows remind me so much of the UD shadows. The GOLD is to DIE for this color all over the lid!!!! OMG and the creamy hightlight color is great. Over all this is a great paltte im im glad I swapped for it. If you get a chance to get your hands on it do so. I know ebay has some BN ones or you could always try to swap here!!!

on 11/19/2011 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my second too faced eye kit- I really love the other one I have- the naked one- and the whole concept of the cards that tell you how to achieve a look is so helpful since I am often overwhelmed with huge e/s palettes (ud bos's+15 im looking at you) and i just put them away and never use them. this one (just like the tf naked one) i am getting alot of use out of- i really really love the bottom row look, the top row is nice (i use it even though its similar to colors in the naked one) but the middle look didnt work for me so i avoid using that row for now. I got this palette at ulta for $36 with 20% off during a sale and used $9 of reward dollars so it ended up being really cheap and thus worth me keeping for my one favorite row of colors in it.
Would recommend this for someone who wants a nice natural e/s palette and if I ever used it up... well Ive never used a whole palette up ever so Id probably throw a party first... then repurchase lol

on 11/3/2011 11:59:00 PM

I own 3 Too faced palettes (Natural, Naked and Romantic). I love all of them, in different ways. The Romantic eye palette is sooo cute. I love the colors and the process of putting it on in the mornings put me in a good mood. The day look is very subtle and in fact, it could belong in either the natural and naked eye palette (the classic look for the naked and natural eye palette does look very similar to this, they are all very subtle matte look), i do like it for days that i want to look more natural and effortless. The classic look would probably only look good in cool skin tones, it's so pretty and "romantic" lol. I really like using it on days when i'm really feeling girly. The Fashion look is awesome for enhancing your eyes b/c of the glow and shimmer. All in all, i really recommend this palette. If you're buying your first too faced eye palette, get the naked or natural though b/c they are more versatile. This one is more fun.

I love the selection of eyeshadow colors they very much suit my style. Probably best for super pale people like me because all the colors are so light. All the shadows are very nice and soft. And the new too faced packaging is great, takes up less space and is easier to take when traveling. If you love these kinds of colors buy it!

on 10/30/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Despite the hokey romance theme, this is a very good eyeshadow palette. The colors have good pigment, and are flattering. The little guides for application are a cute touch and it's pretty affordable for the range of colors you get. The last Too Faced palette I had lasted me like 5 years (I know it is gross to keep that long, but there was an eyeshadow I loved). I will definitely buy their stuff again.

on 10/26/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The shades in this palette are gorgeous. It's super feminine and flirty, and it's a lot of fun mixing and matching these colors. However, I find when I apply the shadows, a lot of the color ends up on my cheeks, which is a pain to try to wipe away after you've applied foundation. I've used multiple brushes for application and found the same thing; the powder falls from the brush onto my face. I haven't really had this problem with any of my other eye shadows. However, like I mentioned before, the colors are beautiful so just be careful when applying to prevent shadow from falling from the brush.

Popular Palettes