July 29, 2014 | 1230 users online

Polishes - Essie - Nice is Nice

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been waiting to find a nice pastel lilac for quite awhile. Only recently I have had access to Essie and once I saw this color I had no problem spending eight dollars on it. This was my second Essie polish. I had previously tried a similar color from Revlon and it was so streaky and horrible to work with that I gave up after a couple attempts. Nice is Nice, however applies easily with no streakiness and is opaque in two coats. Also I notice Essie polishes don't seem to take long at all to dry, something I appreciate since I often forget to give my nails ample time to dry before I smudge it. This is such a pretty, feminine color, a good alternative if you're not into brighter purples but tired of natural colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the color. To my it's a dusty lilac, a much more muted purple. Two coats was enough for me. Good, solid, coverage.I see myself wearing this one a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 4/24/13: I upped my rating to a 5, this is my most favorite nail color... it's just so dang pretty! I am obsessed with my nails when I have this on, I think I'm annoying my boyfriend... I really hope it's not true what another reviewer said about it being discontinued :-/

It's funny how many posters below have said this was their first Essie nail polish - It's mine too! I saw it in CVS last night and HAD to have it... unfortunately, in my rush to get the beautiful lilac nails I kew it would deliver, I applied my coats too quickly... then my top coat dried bu the middle coats I guess, didn't, and I ended up with that waffle-texture of nails that were almost dry, but pressed against fabric, or got smooshed under the pillow while I slept... but I do LOVE the color on my nails, and against my fair skin. Very ladylike color :-) The botched finish is bothering me, but I do have complete coverage, so I will hold off on removing/reapplying for now because I actually hate painting my nails, haha... but I have been growing them out/treating them with nail creme/taking hair/skin/nail vitamins and they've been looking really nice, so I thought I deserved a treat :-) It's amazing how quickly one can spend $66 in CVS... Boo! for my impulsive shopping... but this nail polish gives me no regrets :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Fashionkitteh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice is Nice is definitely my summer go to color! I feel like all of the pictures that I see of it, do not justify the amazing color that is in that bottle! I was always looking for a "not to pale" purple. I am not a fan of colors that are not bright and blend in with my skin tone. But this color.. it's perfect! Everyone should have this in their spring/summer collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Chestnut07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this Essie nail polish. This is my first time buying Essie, I usually wear only OPI but i am very impressed. First of all the brush is smaller than OPI making the application much easier. It also dries quickly which is helpful when one puts several coats. Now to talk of the color, nice is nice is absolutely gorgeous. I don't normally go outside my very limited range of natural nail color but I took a chance and I'm in love. I've gotten so many compliments. Definitely worth the 8 bucks @ walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Sheng315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually my favorite pinky lavender color. I have a backup! Love the formulation and the consistency! Very opaque also!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Nice is Nice is pretty colour. LIke others have already said it's lavendar. The formula was a little gloppier than what I've come to expect from Essie and it applied rather thickly. I had to remove my first kick at the can and try it again using slower strokes and thinner coats. My first coat went on streaky, but worked itself out after the second coat. Topped with Seche Vite, Nice is Nice took a long time to dry. Like I said before, this is a pretty colour that screams spring and freshness and it's a little on the whimsical side, but alas, it does not suit my skintone at all so I think I'll pass this one along.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS COLOR! LOVE ESSIE! yea... this stuff is pretty much like amazing :) its a gorgeous pastel lilac color that lasts forever! This was my first essie polish, and it did not chip after a week! My nail polish NEVER has lasted this long looking so fresh, I'm usually touching everything, and always wrecking my nail polish... but this one refuses to be wrecked :) OPI isn't nearly as good

THE ONLY CON is that it takes a little bit longer to dry than nail polish usually does for me, but just find something good on TV and time will fly by and u will have GORGEOUS NAILS!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Blahble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this on two nails so far but I'm liking it much more than French Affair which is milky and streaky. I find Nice is Nice to be an easy application, smooth and gel-like. For colour comparison it's darker and more purple than OPI's Panda-monium Pink and a softer version of OPI's Done Out In Deco.

I purchased the cube mini-set but if I can, I'd buy the full-size of this one. It's a keeper and if I didn't change colours once a week, it'd be a staple of my collection. =D I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

Just bought this nail polish yesterday, and I'm in love with it! For whatever weird reason, I was averse to the lilac color trend for nails for spring, I thought it looked too 90s, or 80s, or something, I don't know... I just didn't like it initially! Clearly I had a moment of temporary insanity, because lilac/lavender nails are GORGEOUS for the spring, or all year round!

I get really nice coverage with 2 coats, don't need a third. It's not too streaky, and it dries really quickly which is fantastic. I haven't tried an Essie nail polish that I didn't like... I change my nail colour weekly, and Essie nail polishes don't really chip even without a top coat. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!