Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

on 8/12/2012 5:43:00 PM

This is a very fine (not chunky) highlighting powder that comes off a bit white/silvery and shimmery on my skin tone (NC 25). Great for giving an overall, not so obvious glow since there's no chunks of glitter. Packaging is adorable-hot pink container and highlighter is made of different colored hearts. Smells very perfumey. I wouldn't buy it again, since I prefer gold highlighters, as my skin has a strong yellow undertone.

on 8/12/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it pretty cheap at walmart in a kit with a happy booster blush so i decided i would give it a try. When I started using it, it became my HG pretty fast, but a couple of months later, i realised my face looked like a disco ball. Well...still a good highlight, but i wouldn't put it all over like before.

on 7/31/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful product and fun to use but I found for my skin it was too much sparkle. Kept trying to love it for me but finally passed it down to my niece. I found my old favorite Physician's Formula highlighter again and am happily using it instead.

on 6/27/2012 8:16:00 PM

I have this in translucent. Pros:
+This makes a beautiful cheek and browbone highlight!
+Very glowy and shimmery but not at all glittery
+Smells good. Slightly floral scent, if you are sensitive to scents you might not like
+Very cute heart design and pink packaging

Cons:
-Price ($14 for a drugstore product) but I honestly think it is worth it, since it will last a long time and is still much cheaper than many highend highlighters
-The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless

on 5/1/2012 5:49:00 PM

Love, love, love. Yes, it's a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore product, so wait for a sale and/or use a coupon. The packaging is bulky, Barbie-ish and the brush is garbage, but the good things are SO good that I don't care. I use a BE brush to buff it over my tinted moisturizer, and the finish is flawless and radiant in natural light. I swipe my brush over the little pink heart and swirl onto my apples for an extra pop of color. No, it's not going to give you amazing coverage (I don't think that's the intent of the product), but it will diffuse light so that your face has a "lit from within" look, which is exactly what I need at 35 with an infant! Also, it has a light floral scent which is unnecessary but a nice touch.

on 4/4/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect amount of shimmer, not 12 year old girl glitter although the packaging is so cute it looks like it :) I use it over my powder for a glowy look. It must be working because I've gotten many compliments on my skin, mostly from my boyfriend who says he likes "how I wear no makeup" hahaha little does he know...
The only con is the price and packaging. It's expensive for a d/s powder and it brush it comes with is awful. The case itself isn't very sturdy either.....overall though I would recommend it!

on 3/1/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice shimmer for spot highlighting but would not apply all over my face. I use this for a quick highlight when I don't have time to use my cream based highlighters. Seems a bit dry and fragile. Wouldn't consider it top of the line in quality and the lasting power isn't the best. It's just good enough for me to keep for the moment.

on 2/25/2012 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great highlighting powder and I'm not talking about shimmer and glitter. This gives off a nice satin finish absolutely perfect for that inner glow look. I gave it a 4 only because in my opinion when applied all over on medium to dark skin tones it can give off almost an ashy appearance so that's why I only apply it to specific spot like on the higher parts of my cheeks, t-zone, and high part of brows, sparingly of course. The result...lots of looks from people admiring your gorgeous glowing skin.

on 1/30/2012 8:46:00 PM

I use a nice soft EL big fluffy brush to apply this when I am in a rush to finish my makeup or brighten myself mid day or after work before I run errands. It makes me look refreshed really fast. The compact goes in my makeup bag in my purse and I have not had issues with breakage of the product as of yet. It actually does seem to give me a boost, tho I usually do feel happier after I put my makeup on, :)
Update 8/10/12: This finally did crack after I wore out the middle, but the packaging did not leak powder everywhere.
I liked the way this gave me glow in winter but the tone is a bit too pink/white for me with the summer sun. I would be willing to try one in a different tone because I really l still liked the product overall. The shine is a bit much for the summer. I might buy another one come winter.

on 1/29/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Gosh thought I did a review on this little jewel already! I love this powder! For sure it does not give very much coverage, thus the name translucent. ;-) It does however make my face look more highlighted and boosted with an inner kind of glow. It is not a shine or frost thing either. It just looks pretty when I apply it over my foundation whether it is a powder foundation or a liquid. I do love the violet aroma too. It is very faint and I think since I have had my compact for a long time now, I think the lovely violet aroma has faded a lot but I still love it. The fragrance does not last on my skin at all but it is lovely when I open it and I smell the loveliness. The packaging alone is enough to make a person want it. The beautiful design of the colored hearts is a work of art and the cute little do nothing brush under the powder is adorable. ;-) I have never removed it from it's wrapping, it is just too cute, and I know it would not work as well as my blush brush. This is really one of those compacts that I want a backup of just in case it gets discontinued. I want a backup of the blush too for the very same reason! Surely Physicians Formula will not let these lovely jewels be discontinued from their lineup! Knowing what I know about this company and so many others though, they probably will in exchange for something else. So get yourself one!