September 20, 2014 | 1147 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes, but unfortunately, this product broke me out. I have dry, sensitive skin, and tried this toner along with my usual routine, after another Paula's Choice product disagreed with my skin. I developed two zits (despite usually having clear skin) and relatively mild skin irritation, so it looks like this is a no-go for me. I'll probably have to go back to using plain rosewater as a toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I love this
I've been using 'skin balancing toner' from paula's choice. but
recently I found this one is better and love using this.
mild , well moisturing, no fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by xding78

I've been using this toner for a few months now. It generally feel quite good. I'm using PC's another toner now. But I feel this one is slightly better. At least it smells pretty pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried all of PC's toners and with mixed results (Hydralight stung, Skin Balancing was okay, loved Clear Regular Strength). As a toner choice for AM use (& PM too if you have the patience to let it dry before applying your exfoliant treatment), Resist is my first choice. Soothing, full of antioxidants (I prefer just this then sun protection rather than toner, exfoliant, antioxidant serum THEN sunblock - too much for AM) & NEVER breaks me out (I'm on my fifth bottle). Leaves my combination skin surprisingly matte (being that it's a milky consistency toner).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this toner. It has a thicker consistency than water. I find it really soothes my skin and softens it up. I use along with the other products from the resist line I got it in a 20% off sale and id repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by martha610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since it came out. Before that I had been using the Skin Recovery toner for a couple of years. The Resist just feels better, more moisturizing. For my regimen, I cleanse with Cerave cleanser using a washcloth, rubbing lightly. After that, while my skin is still damp, I pour some of this toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe all over my face and neck. I believe this will remove makeup and sunscreen at night, and in the morning traces of treatment, bacteria, and sweat, while treating my skin to Vitamins C and E and other good ingredients. When my face is dry I apply Clinique's Super City Block sunscreen (which is also my foundation) in the morning, and either the PC weekly AHA, BHA, or serum, followed by moisturizer at night. I have the usual creases for a 60+ person, but no wrinkles. I tend to get eczema but I have not had problems with this toner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this package approximatelt half a year. This toner is so fantastically moisturizing and comfortable on your skin! I have never really understood what benefits you get from a toner until I tried this one. It feels almost as if you would have applied a very light lotion on your face. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this toner-- as a matter of fact, I love this whole product line. Unlike alot of other toners I have used in the past which are very "alchoholy" this one is kinda creamy. I use in morning and night and I feel like it helps keep the moisture in my skin.

Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would never spend this kind of money on a toner. I am a true cheapskate. However, I do not think of this product as a toner, nor do I use it as one. I put a small amount of this product in my palms and spread it onto my face as I would a lotion. The results are visible--less redness, smoother and more hydrated skin. When the results are visible immediately, as they are with this product, I take note.
I can tell the difference in my skin when I have and have not used this product--I have been experimenting over the last three months. Although the outcome is subjective, I can tell you that I will definitely be ordering this again!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only toner I have been able to use without a breakout. I absolutely love it!!