April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this product out for a long time, and then finally I ran out of my Physicians Formula mineral pressed powder - so I gave in. At the store, I couldn't remember whether Translucent or Beige had gotten better reviews (never go shopping without MUA!) but I went ahead with the Beige.

I'm glad I did! It sets my foundation nicely and doesn't add any noticeable glitter. I can't smell any perfume, actually. Like another reviewer, I also have to swish around the pink heart (but if I'm in a hurry, I can concentrate my brush on the heart for a nice blush color).

It's easier to use than my mineral powder was - I liked that product but it was so soft that it was difficult to pick up the right amount of product with my brush. I don't use the included brush. And I've gotten used to the large and unwieldy PF packaging - it sucks, but whatever. This is a winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I have this in translucent.

Pros:
+This makes a beautiful cheek and browbone highlight!
+Very glowy and shimmery but not at all glittery
+Smells good. Slightly floral scent, if you are sensitive to scents you might not like
+Very cute heart design and pink packaging

Cons:
-Price ($14 for a drugstore product) but I honestly think it is worth it, since it will last a long time and is still much cheaper than many highend highlighters
-The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Just trying this powder out in beige. I am about nc 15/20 and this color suprising is okay on me. I am wondering if any one else is noticing this...but when I went to the store the other day and looked at Physician's Formula, I noticed the beige compact DID have the pink heart but it seems to be very pale...Maybe they listened to us telling them they don't need the pink heart? The heart in my compact is super bright with much pigment and I try to "swoop" around it because I have yellow tones in my skin and don't want any pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this blush in PINK and I love it! Never have I ever found a blush that EXACTLY matches the natural color of my skin when I flush... until now! On me, it pulls a little bit red, but it's absolutely perfect. No joke. Exactly the color of my natural flush. What else can I say??
It looks a little too shimmery in the pan, but it looks really beautiful on, and just gives that perfect gorgeous glow.
My only complaint is the scent. It's horrible, like old lady/hairspray. I hate when makeup has any kind of scent to it, it's so pointless, but I'm willing to ignore the smell because the shade is just so perfect!
Now I just hope and pray that it won't make me breakout!! Fingers crossed!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by angellpstone

I have this powder in Translucent. It is wonderful. I use it as a highlight by swirling my brush lightly over the top. I use it as eye shadow on the days when I really want a barely there look, and because of the sheen, my deep set and hollow eyes look brightened and stand out more. This works best if you use shadow brushes specifically in only one "heart" of color at a time, and one of the hearts is even dark enough for a bit of definition in the crease.
The packaging is ok, the pink is pretty, but I really prefer something a bit more sleek and sophisticated. The brush included is awful and scratchy, but when are they not? The one thing that really perplexes me about this powder is the fuschia heart of color. I wish it weren't there, and I can't come up with a reason why it is. Regardless, this is something I will surely repurchase, especially because it serves the purpose of highlight and beautiful eye color.

Oh, and the smell. Why, Physician's Formula, why? It's ok, a bit sweet, just unnecessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I found that this product had too much shimmer in the translucent powder and for the blush, it wasn't pigmented/opaque enough. I found that it was better as an accent powder or highlighting blush than as the powder/blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this blush. I have it in Pink (which I believe is a new shade) and it is just the prettiest pink blush I have ever owned. And I have tried several! This has a very fine shimmer, just enough to make you glowy, and the pink is perfect for my skin-tone. It's a neutral, but almost cool-toned sweet pink. The packaging is cute and the smell is sweet, and of course I love the hearts. It does make me smile! And the shade is perfect for that English rose look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE! PF has gotten it right with their finishes. I have the blush in Warm. It as well as the other powders in this specific line have a satin finish to them, not shimmer and glitter (eek, disco ball). The perfect finish for any product if you want to "Glow". The Warm Blush gives off almost a coral shade, I absolutely love it. If you want a subtle pink then pick up the Natural :) As far as the "Happy" part, I couldn't tell ya. I guess if your into aromatherapy it'll work to some degree but to me I can't tell. It smells nicely tho, not too overpowering. CON...size of the compact. We don't need a useless brush (although cute), if they cut that out it would be much more sleeker and travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hellooo Glow! oh me and my tragically oil ridden skin :( every other powder i tried seemed to make me matte, for half an hour, until my t-zone began to show a greasy shine. But this get rid of the grease and has small particles that give off the "lit from within" glow. i love it so much i dont even mind the price (10 bucks at walmart) think ive found my holy grail powder! would definitely recommend for all my oily girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by NaturalGirl1116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product!! I have it in translucent and even though there are several different colored hearts they all blend together and end up very pearlecent and subtle. What I lOVE most about this product is that it doesn't add too much sparkle, it just adds a very soft dewy glow. It's just goregous!!! I love the little pink heart, it adds a bit of color to your face. I also love the smell of this, it's very subtle and not over powering at all. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It also fells very soft on my skin. I use it over my foundation and it controls my oil and makes my skin GLOW at the same time!!!! This is my HG powder for sure!!!