November 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Espiegle [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG peach blush. I tend to steer clear of peach blushes because I find they make me look orange but this is fantastic. I count this color as a true peach blush but it does have a tinge of pink which keeps it from looking orange on me. It is much peachier than nars orgasm and has less glitter and shimmer. The shimmer in Espiegle is subtle and imparts a nice glow to my skin. The formula is soft but not too powdery.

Those looking for a extremely pigmented, packs-a-punch-blush, will be disappointed. This is on of those, "Impossible to apply to much" Blushes. The pigmentation is light but builds up nicely.

Overall, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

BTW: I have the USA version not the baked Euro version

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to add my two cents even though there are tons of reviews already. I am a blush addict - I just bought a new one yesterday (Nars Torrid) - I just can't resist blushers! Anyways, I picked up this beauty a couple weeks ago and despite the fact that I probably have around 50 blushers (yeah, I know - I have a problem), this is definitely one of my favourites. It imparts the prettiest, healthiest soft glow that looks so fresh and pretty. Some blushers look like, well, powdery pink or peach on your face. This blush looks like you, with a pretty glow. LOVE it! Highly recommend!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie24

I love, love love this blush. I am a keen Chanel fan anyway, but when I saw this in Debenhams (uk), the colour was just what I wanted so I took a risk and bought it. I'm so glad i did! it is the softest, shimmery peach colour, not too much shimmer but enough to make your skin glow. It lasts ages on the skin and smells divine!! plus the compact is so cute and has a mirror inside and a brush which is really handy. Despite the price, it is value for money as it lasts ages, the product hardly goes down, even with daily use! LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this on Temptalia and couldn't stop thinking about it. Despite having dozens of MAC blushes, I ran out and made a purchase. It's the softest and most gorgeous peachy shade I've ever seen. My mom declared it "youthful." I declare it "awesome."

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pinkjennipoo

Love Love Love! Honestly, I have been looking for a peach blush for the longest time. I did my research and decided that Espiegle was going to be the one. For some reason, I am on a high-end makeup binge right now, so I am emptying my bank account for cosmetics. This brush is GORGEOUS. I am Asian, so not everything looks good on me, but this brush is one of a kind. IMO, I think it is better than my NARS orgasm. Seriously. It is very expensive, but definitely worth it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jewels64

This is an HG blush. Gorgeous peach with a hint of pink and subtle shimmer that imparts a beautiful glow on my NC30 skin. I bought this in the spring and it quickly became my most used blush among my 40+ blushes. I wore it a lot during spring and summer and I am still so in love with it. If this were to be discontinued, I would buy several back-ups.

Some reviewers have noted that this is better than Ripe Peach. I've never had Ripe Peach to compare, but I do know that after getting Espiegle and hearing that, my longtime lemming for Ripe Peach died and my quest to find it ended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ANGIEBee

I never had much patience searching for the perfect blush. At the first home application, the colour is either too dull/dark, too ruddy or hello clown. Espiegle however is none of those - the effect is that of a healthy flush, totally natural. It blends easily, is buildable and has reasonable staying power.

It may seem dear but it will last ages. I've been using it about 4-5 days a week for almost a year and the dome has barely shrunk.

Only minus is the crap little brush, which I've since thrown away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing color on my hand but way too shiny and orange on my face (I have baked version). I want to love this blush and I keep trying it with different looks but somehow it always makes me look like I wear makeup.
    I generally adore chanel blushes and they work on me pretty well but this one seems to leave so much shine on my cheeks that it gets too obvious.
    I can assume that it is just not my color as the other chanel blushes with lots of shimmer (i.e. Turbulent) work very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I needed a blush that I could wear with any makeup look that I choose. And I found this. It is a pale peach color, it is impossible to make yourself look like a clown with it. I swirl my brush (the Dior blush brush is the best!) in it really hard and then swipe on the apples, and it looks like my natural flush. I said I will repurchase just because that's the only blush that I need, and if it were the only blush I had I'd be completely fine and happy but I don't believe I will ever ever finish it. Since it's baked, it does not seem that I used any even though I've used it every day for a month. And it lasts the entire day unless it's really really hot outside, then you'll probably have to re-apply it in the evening. Overall, a winner for me and I'm glad I decided to buy it
    Update: With long-term use I found that the size of this blush is not very user-friendly. It's too small and my wide blush brush does not pick it up evenly which makes application harder. Maybe I should try using a more narrow brush with it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Espiègle is a lovely pale peach shade with a barely-there hint of pink and subtle shimmer -- it adds a light, peachy glow to my complexion, and even though I normally go for cooler shades, it is lovely. Even though it's pale, it is rather heavily pigmented, and the color can be built up easily.

For reference: NW5-10, NARS Siberia.