August 30, 2014 | 1185 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by pastelflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I've tried that gives me the "false eyelashes" look. Super big, super dark, and super dramatic! The formula is easy to apply, coats and defines all my lashes, and adds some volume. It doesn't separate as much as some other mascaras and I think this adds to the illusion of adding volume.
The mascara stays put all day and doesn't smear or flake and I can easily remove it with facial wipes. I usually only use it on weekends so I try to get the trial sizes. The trial sizes last me forever and the only negative I can think of is the cost. I'm sure I'll waste a bunch of a full size because I'll never be able to use it all before it goes bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a smal tube of this mascara in the Laura mercier kit from sephora. This mascara is amazing. I always use my waterproof covergirl lashblast mascara as a base before using any other mascaras. This Product really volumizes my lashes without making them look Clumpy. It also lengthens them and makes my lashes look super Pretty. Once I'm done with this small tube, I plan on buying this in full size. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by muideas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought the days of me having pretty eyelashes were over. However, this mascara thickened them and best of all, my lashes have a pretty curl that stays in place all day. Wow! My lashes still look "natural" and not fakey, which is important to me. I was using Estee Lauder "More Than Mascara" for years, but I'm now a convert to this "Full Blown" mascara. My lashes were sparse and straight looking and with Full Blown, they look so pretty. This product exceeded my expectations.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(There is a photo above of me wearing this mascara with my Shiseido Mascara Base)
This mascara is lengthens, separates, is buildable, has a rich black pigment and gives a bit of volume.

The first time I opened it, it was very wet and I didn't like the formula at all, it made my lashes droop very quickly. After a week, the formula dried up a little bit and it was better at holding my curl (when I wear a non-waterproof mascara by itself I like to only apply it starting on the middle of my lashes and up, I avoid the roots because this causes my curl to fall). This mascara is easily removable and I'm glad that I can just cheat with my Cetaphil cleanser.

It holds the curl better than many of the non-waterproof mascaras out there but it doesn't give a strong enough hold that I prefer (-1 star) so I use my Shiseido Mascara Base and it gives a wonderful lush, dramatic lash effect :) Overall, a good mascara, nothing HG though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tl;dr version: Great basic black non-waterproof mascara.

In my experience, it isn't prone to clumping compared to other volumizing mascaras. The "old school brushy brush" (as one reviewer accurately described it) is easy and comfortable to use - though perhaps not the best for lash separation. I was used to the new-fangled plastic applicators on my Rimmel and L'Oreal mascaras, but this one does fine.

My small tube has held up to six months of very frequent use, so the formula doesn't seem prone to drying fast like some do. Though it has a thinner formula, it doesn't seem to smear much throughout the day. (It does, however, give me a serious case of panda eyes when I forget to take it off before I go to sleep. But one would expect a non-waterproof mascara to do that.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I got this free last November with my other LM purchase. I kind of love this stuff, which is a little surprising given how basic it is. But it applies really easily and nicely, it holds curl, and makes my lashes look amazing! They look almost lush (which is huge for my thin Asian lashes) and very, very long. Even better, they don't smudge even though I'm pretty oily. EDIT: I have used this sample for more than a year. I know I should probably toss it, but it seems to have gotten even better as the months go by. Just a single swipe and my lashes are so thick and long. RE-EDIT (March 2012): I've been trying other mascaras because I don't want to pay the steep price tag on this, especially because my lashes will never be my strong suit. But the more mascaras I try, the more it becomes obvious that this is the best mascara I've ever tried in my life. It's so easy to apply really thick, long lashes! One swipe, no clumps, a little brushing out, and voila! Long, thick, black lashes that hold their curl. I think I'm going to cave and buy it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara! The only negative thing I can say is that it can make you lashes feel very dry after about 8 hours. I love the brush- It starts out large and tapers out toward the end to a smaller size. Overall I love the results I get, It holds curl, and has mega volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara...I prefer thickening mascaras over lengthening...and for reference I also LOVE Maybelline's Full and Soft and the japanese one called Fairydrops. I got the Laura Mercier's mascara in sample form and was surprised at how much I love it. Not so much for what it does for my actual lashes themselves but the whole look it gives to my eyes. It is very black and it just defines my eyes in a way no other mascara has....it looks sophisticated and nice but it doesn't look like you tried if that makes sense. I went out and bought the full size version yesterday....hate paying so much for a mascara but I will rotate it with a d/s mascara for 'down' times. I also noticed that this mascara stays black all day....doesn't fade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Thump88

I agree that this is a great mascara. Great volume, soft feeling. Doesn't flake or smudge yet. Got this as a point freebie at Sephora and will likely buy full size when the tester is gone

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by alittle722

Although expensive, this mascara was really great. It wore extremely well throughout the day and felt soft on my lashes. It is very buildable so I was able to achieve great volume and it does provide some length. It also holds a curl well.