January 30, 2015 | 1545 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by niky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!

I have curly, VERY frizzy hair. The kind of hair that goes insane in very humid weather (i'm talking about tropical country/ desert sort of humidity). Over the last few months, my hair texture is straw-like and rough as well. I'm hating my hair.

Enter Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It's a GREAT everyday product. Just two little squirts and my hair feels soft and healthy. And it does not look greasy, which is a AMAZING.

In general, I love Kerastase products. They never disappoint. I'm also addicted to their Nectar Thermique for the few times I straighten my hair. It makes my hair look like silk.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by katelin_inline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This oil/serum elixir come with many colors. The gold is for normal hair , pink is for restore the dyed hair , purple is for small and thin hair and green . My hair is thin and frisky due to chemical dying and heat styling. I suggest you should try all of the colors at the same times on your hair-ending because every colors does have a different effect on your hairs. For me , I'm quite surprised that the purple colors make my hair-ending look better than the pink one . The pink should fit for me more but it dosen't . All of these products are light weight oil than any others in market , just a very small drop can apply all if the hairs. It's not greasy at all compare to other that I used before but it's couldn't help much any shine . I wouldn't buy it again because I expect more outcome from this and it's expensive .

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I think that both this serum and the entire Kerastase line is overrated. It's a very expensive line and I've tried a handful of products from it only to see at the best 'meh' type results. After the final insult with trying the Gold Elixir Ultime I'm done with the brand for good.

I didn't see or feel any noticeable improvement with my hair at all. I used the serum for a good month to give it the benefit of the doubt and still zero results. Near to the end of the month I used it I found that my hair was looking super frizzy and wouldn't hold a style after blow drying and / or flat ironing. The scent of it is nice though it didn't stick to my hair at all.

I really don't understand how it can be justified to sell at $40+ when it really doesn't do anything, contains a bunch of synthetics and comes in a fairly small size plastic bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by letterelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, i'd like to define my hair type..i have wavy/curly fine and dry hair. I wanted a product to be applied after shampooing to bring up the most good appearance of my hair and to be able to apply it before blowing my hair to avoid frizz and to have some oils that is going to benefit my hair giving a little bit of shine. I read a lot of good reviews about this product that's why i bought it!

I thought it is going to be a lifetime product but i was wrong, the packaging is good, the smell is bad which i don't mind as it does not last, made my hair a little bit more softer and shiner but not the way i want it, it did not control my frizzy hair at all. I do not see this product worth the price.

I don't recommend it to my friends who the same type of hair as mine! and i will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worked wonderfully when I had virgin hair. Now that it's heavily processed and I'm trying to grow it out -- back to virgin -- it doesn't make any real difference. Maybe adds a slight softness but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using it for a year and I haven't notice my hair condition improved.It smells really good,but that is all it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by marianam14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my hair, this product doesn't offer ​​the results that it promises.
I bought it for about a year and I still have half bottle.
It just makes my hair oily rather than shiny, healthy and hydrated.
I think the quality of the product doesn't match its price, about 30 euros in my country.
I was very upset about having spent so much money on a product that didn't offer the promised results, despite being a brand that I liked a lot before buying this oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I`m disappointed with this product. It is a good oil indeed, not greasy, smells good. But it is very expensive and I can get good quality products for much less.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by kmk3s

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really excited to try it on my long, thick, blonde hair. I was really hoping I would love it, but it never fully lived up to my expectations. Sure, it smells lovely and makes your hair a bit shinier and silkier, but I never noticed an increase in my hair health (my main reason for buying this product). At the end of the day, this was a very expensive hair serum that simply sat on my hair, and didn't penetrate into the cuticle to improve the overall condition. If you're looking for oils to improve hair health, good old Moroccan oil or even olive oil are superior to this product, for only a portion of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Imheatherly

Love love love this product!