Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 7/16/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

So I was visiting a relative on the left coast and one morning I banged the side of my head on the bathroom sink (don't ask). Small gash but eventual big black and blue and yellow mark. Didn't have concealer with me, just a "lumi", which didn't offer enough coverage. Found Fit Me concealer at CVS, bought #10, the lightest shade, went home and gave it a try. Amazed at the excellent coverage, pretty much covered up the entire colorful result of my mishap. Been using Fit Me ever since as under eye concealer, or for any random spots or redness. Absolutely excellent product! For the record I'm MAC NC20 and Fit Me #10 concealer is a perfect match.

on 7/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I like the consistency, shade, and performance of this concealer, I won't buy again for one reason: packaging! I've never had such a terrible experience with a tube and wand cosmetic before. Every single time I use it, no matter how carefully I remove & replace the wand into the tube, I wind up with a ring of product leaking out of the edge of the cap. I have to have a tissue handy to wipe it off before I put it away or it gets all over everything. Very annoying! Also, the black "FIT" lettering wore off on my fingertips and left a smudgy mess on them. What's the deal here?! There are plenty of other concealers out there that work as well and aren't as aggravating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a mystery to me. I bought a tube of it when it first came out years ago, was incredibly underwhelmed, threw it away eventually after not using it for months, and moved on. Fast forward to a few months back when Maybelline was reformulating their SuperStay concealer. I needed a replacement for my empty tube of that (which was horrifying by the way because that concealer was/is my HG hands down), and figured after trying many high end concealers without finding one I liked that I'd give the Fit Me concealer another go. I still do not understand the hype. I used it a handful of times and didn't like it at all.

Pros:
-color selection seems to consist of mostly, if not all, neutral shades
-affordable
-easy to blend out

Cons:
-lightest shade wasn't quite light enough for me (super pale, neutral baby of MAC NC/NW 10-15)
-light-light/medium coverage, which makes zero sense to me in a concealer
-texture felt greasy, and if I tried to build up the coverage by adding a second layer, it just got greasier and would remove itself. Texture reminds me a lot of the Hard Candy glamouflage liquid concealer, except that one has good pigmentation
-creases when not set with powder

This concealer is one of the most underwhelming, super hyped up products I've ever tried. I still do not understand the appeal. When I reach for concealer, I want a product that has a full coverage level of pigmentation so that I only have to use the tiniest bit to cover up undereye circles, blemishes, etc. I also do not want it to rub off, crease, or fade, as that would make applying it in the first place pointless. This concealer isn't my cup of tea. For creamy, blendable, more medium-medium/full coverage, I reach for the NYX HD concealer. The lightest shade, Porcelain, is perfectly pale. It has good coverage, blends out easily, and helps blur out imperfections like mild pitted acne scars.

Yet again, Maybelline Fit Me concealer goes into the trash.

on 7/15/2015 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just a heads up, this product does contain parabens which is such a shame! This concealer is very easy to work with as it blends easily and doesn't take a lot of to apply. It has pretty good coverage for the drugstore and price. Creamy and does not cling to dry patches. Minimal creasing with this product.

Cons:
Could have more colour selections
PARABENS, WHY :(

on 7/14/2015 12:35:00 PM

Have gone through two of these. I have very dark circles so it doesnt cover those very well you can still see through it but with a couple coats it works. It works awesome over redness on my cheeks. Kind of boring packaging but good for travel

gives ok coverage but better than any other concealer I've used though. i usually have to use a second coat to get it just right. not a lot of color options

on 7/13/2015 9:11:00 PM

This concealer is such a great concealer it gives a great coverage!!! It is comparable to the Nars Radatiant concealer. The packaging is easy to use and apply and it doesn't crease throughout the day. I use this in all my videos

I use both a lighter color for under eye conceal and a darker skin tone color for contouring and I have found both to be super useful in my makeup routine. The formula is light and doesn't cake or give an un-natural looking appearance. Blends well and has good coverage for those unpleasant spots. Only complaint would be the tube is long and skinny and not very generous on product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am someone who typically does not like to bother with foundation if I don't have to and just spot conceal most days. I have cystic acne and because of this I don't think I could go a day without using my concealer. I also have relatively dark circles due to school and lack of sleep. I have tried MANY different drugstore concealers and this is the best one I have used so far. I was using the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and it just never sat right on my skin and the color was off for me personally, so I wanted to pick up a new one. I had used this product a while ago and remembered really liking it so I repurchased it in the shade 15 which is "fair" (this shade leans more neutral in terms of undertones). This concealer feels very light. I have never noticed this concealer getting cakey and it is just as good as I remember it being. I'd say this works better under the eyes than over blemishes, but it still does the job. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice light-weight concealer without spending a fortune, especially for under the eyes and is a product I will continue to repurchase.

on 7/13/2015 12:35:00 PM

i really like the consistency of this product its creamy and covers well but for days where u havent slept in ages and u have serious BLACK undereye bags , they would still show underneath ur concealer so my go to product would be an orange correct before applying the concealer and it would instantly lift ur face and give that fresh glowy look.