Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 2/21/2015 10:10:00 PM

I have this in 015 Fair (which is more pink toned and a bit lighter than 010 Light). It's a pretty good match for me, but not quite light enough to be brightening when I need this.
This is quite a light and liquidy texture that blends well, and I like the doe foot applicator. It's a reasonably light coverage and blends well, but sometimes it doesn't provide enough coverage for what I want.
It's a solid enough concealer for the price, so I'll probably buy it again, but I am still on the hunt for something better.

I bought this concealer in medium and regretted it as soon as it hit my face. The color is too yellow based and dark for me. And the coverage is very light and doesn't even come close to covering my dark circles but is pretty good with redness around the nose and such. I would try it again in a lighter color but i;m still looking for something different for under the eyes...

on 2/19/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

if your looking for a concealer to conceal, this is not for you. its sheer and provide light to medium coverage, on the bright side, the finish is nice and looks natural and dewy. if you want to use it was a brightener/highlight it would do a nice job over the rest of your base makeup.

on 2/17/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm in between on this concealer, I bought a bunch of Maybelline makeup the other day at the drugstore and was super excited to try it all out. This was probably the only thing that disappointed me mostly because of the size and amount of product you get. Also it doesn't so much help in the concealing area.

on 2/17/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have always been a big fan of the Maybelline Fit Me products, but I was pretty disappointed with this one. Left me with a clumpy finish, and didn't completely conceal anything, even any small blemish or something else very minor.

on 2/17/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a good concealer and worth the money, but my dark circles and eye area problems are so bad that it takes something really special to fix it. This does a good job, just not a fantastic one for me. However, if your dark circles aren't very bad, this may work great for you. The only thing that ever worked really well for me in that regard was a Dermablend concealer that apparently is discontinued...so I am on the hunt for something new. However, I will continue to purchase the Fit Me one. I also use it to spot correct a dark spot on my face.

on 2/17/2015 10:59:00 AM

I bought this concealer after reading raving reviews but while it did have lots of pros, it was absolutely terrible for my acne-prone skin. Excellent coverage, I almost never needed to apply more than 1 coat. I imagine the reason why is because it's so thick though, and I always would find my t-zone ridiculously oil half way throughout the day. It glides on smoothly and last for quite some time but overtime it really irritated my acne more than others I've used. Not my favorite but it does cover blemishes well so I'm torn.

on 2/17/2015 4:17:00 AM

Sometimes, usually despite my better judgment, I branch out from my HG Dream Lumi highlighting pen to try out some other concealers. Just to make sure I'm not missing out. 9 times out of 10 I will chuck my new product into my little drawer where products go to die, never to use it again, disheartened that I once more wasted my money.

With this little baby, however, this was most certainly not the case! This concealer definitely gives the Dream Lumi pen a run for its money.

In terms of price, the Dream Lumi sells here in Belgium for a good 10.80 euros for 6ml of product. The Fit Me is only 8 euros, and has a little more product at 6.8ml.

I also prefer the applicator as opposed to the Dream Lumi's clicky pen thing.

The formula is, in my opinion, just perfect. Some people seem to find it too liquidy, but as I mainly use concealer under my eyes, this consistency is perfect to avoid creasing. And I really like the range in shades; there might not be an awful LOT of shades, but they make sure to supply shades for warm AND cool tones (some more pink-based, others more yellow). The product "sinks" in well (doesn't sit on my skin), hasn't broken me out, and doesn't smell weird like some products can do. What more could you want?

on 2/16/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, but honestly wasn't expecting very much. I've never had great experiences with drugstore foundations or concealers. I have extremely sensitive skin, and can't stand makeup that looks the least bit cakey or dry. I was very pleasantly surprised with this.

As others have said, the consistency is a bit thin. At first I was dabbing it on over my redness and blemishes and then immediately trying to blend it. This resulted in ineffectively smearing the product around and giving really sheer, terrible coverage. Then one day I was lazily putting it on, and dotted it a little more generously on several areas of my face before going back to the first area to blend it in using my finger. It had almost dried and set, and I worried that I'd have to wipe it off and start over again. But then instead of smearing off my skin, it was finally blending properly! A few gentle pats with my finger, and suddenly I had seamless, smooth, medium coverage with a slightly dewy, skin-like finish. And I saw then what all the hype was about.

I bought it the Medium 25 shade, which works well with my fair/medium asian skin tone. I'd like to try Sand 20 just to see if a lighter shade is better for me in the winter. I believe Medium 25 is very similar to NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Ginger, maybe a bit more yellow toned.

on 2/15/2015 8:58:00 PM

This is a really great drugstore concealer. It comes in a pretty good selection of shades (for lighter skin at least) and isn't too expensive (you can often find it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada - at regular price, it's about $7.99 + tax for 0.23 oz of product - which is about 1/3 the price of Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer). It has fairly good coverage (I'd say it's about medium coverage), but what I like most about it is that it blends into the skin VERY easily and looks as though you aren't wearing anything. I use this under my eyes and it's perfect for that since it doesn't crease, look cake-y, or make my under-eye area look crepe-y by the end of the day (my complaint with the Nars concealer was that it made my under-eye look dry, making it so that other people could clearly tell you were wearing makeup). It's packaged in a plastic tube with a doe-foot applicator that makes it easy to place the product exactly where you want it. I've been using it every day for the past month and I've only made a small dent in it. It also doubles as a great complexion evener if I want some coverage over spots or my t-zone and don't want to apply a full face of foundation. Unlike the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, it doesn't leave me oily by the end of the day either. If you're looking for a Drugstore concealer with a medium coverage, I would suggest this! (I'm NC20-25 in MAC colours and I wear Nars Deauville in their Sheer Glow foundation formula - #10 Light is a good fit, shade-wise for me, for this concealer)