Escada Taj Sunset

4.3

on 8/8/2011 5:43:00 PM

I cannot believe all the raving reviews.
I found this smell awful. Smells just like some cheap room spray. I was scrubbing my hands to get this disturbing artificial cheap smell off. I cannot imagine it would smell nice on anyone.Yuck

on 8/3/2011 11:00:00 PM

I absolutely love this scent. It is a tropical, fruity, coconut scent. It instantly puts you in a great mood. The scent also lingers softly through the day. This seems to last much longer than the other Escada scents (except for Magnetism with has incredible staying power). This is a great day scent whereas I think Magnetism is much better for night. Highly recommend this.

on 7/31/2011 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I put this on my husband stopped and said "Wow, you smell delicious!" SOLD!!! LOL It is funny that this is usually not in the range of something I would wear, considering how fruity it smells... but I really like the combination of fruit smell and it dries down very nice. I don't seem to have any problems with the lasting power, albeit the extreme fruity top note doesn't last, but the bottom note, to me is lingering and sexy. If it stayed that strong all day, it probably would not suit me.

on 7/30/2011 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like a tropical smoothie on my skin! Mango is the most dominant note I smell mixed with some sort of citrus/peachy scent. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, this is meant to contain coconut, however, it's not so dominant. I can only detect it in the dry-down and it's very subtle so it's not cloying on my skin. Overall, a nice girly Summer scent but has no lasting power at all.

on 7/16/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do like this fruity tropical fragrance, more than a lot of perfumes ive tried. Delicious mango and orange on the top notes, but the base notes are barely discernible and i certainly dont smell any coconut, so i layer it with my Yves Rocher noix de coco edt. Giving this 4 lippies not 5 for its poor lasting power.

on 7/14/2011 3:46:00 AM

mangos and pineapples. I simply love them, and in fragrances,too. So, the top notes tickle some pleasure receptor in my brain. For the first 10 minutes, I am in an olfactory heaven. Unfortunately, Taj Sunset has zero lasting power on me the coconut -not a favourite note of mine- appears quite strongly on my skin. As a fragrance, it wouldn't meet my needs, I'm wondering if this could be used as aromatherapy. The lack of lasting power kills the deal for me.3.5

on 7/2/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I honestly dont see how this got such high reviews. I do LOVE the scent along with all other Escada perfumes but the scent literally wont even last from the time I put it on to the time I get to work! I wish I could say I love it because it does smell amazing but unfortunately I cant say I love it because of the bad lasting power. Im glad I only bought the mini spray as opposed to a 1.7 or 3 oz bottle

on 6/29/2011 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Oh man. IMO, this is the best Escada summer version ever. It smells so good... Fragrance versions of mango vary- sometimes it can smell like cat pee. This doesn't; it smells GORGEOUS, like a fruity drink. It smells like Escada signature fruity scent, but this time, the blend is perfect. Escada did this one right!!!!

on 6/28/2011 11:37:00 PM

I LOVE this fragrace SOOO much!! I had received a bunch of Chanel fragrance samples along with this one and had just thrown them in a cabinet. Well, when I got around to cleaning said cabinet, I actually opened the Taj vial and fell in love!! If I could drink this, I would! It's fruity and creamy at the same time. I'm a two fragrance person: winter(Bulgari BLV II) and summer(formerly D&G Light Blue, NOW Taj Sunset). I do find that I have to reapply around lunchtime but I don't mind because it makes me SO happy to smell it fresh out of the bottle again!! P.S. I didn't like ANY of the Chanel samples!

on 6/27/2011 9:12:00 PM

This is a must-have summer scent! Although it is fruity, it's not overpowering or annoyingly sweet like cheap DS fragrances. It's very elegant and smells just as great once it dries. I bought a tiny sample bottle of this, but I'm going to go back for the full size soon.

Popular Fragrances