November 28, 2014 | 1937 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I've very pale so I have the Translucent shade, not the Creamy Natural.

I got this because I've liked other PF powder correctors, like the SPF 16 green corrector and another whose name I forgot.

Pros:
I don't use foundation so I liked that it gives a lot of coverage.

The color correction is really really good for my pale, cool toned skin. I was really, really happy with the color correction when I first applied it.

Cons:

If I use even slightly too much or don't go over my face with my brush a couple of times it can look really cakey.

It also surprised me how oily I get within just an hour of putting this on. Usually PH is good for oily skin, but this doesn't go very well with oily skin so I have to blot which ends up eventually wiping a lot of the product off.

I'm going to finish the pan but I won't get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

Rarely am I as annoyed with a product as I am with this. At $13.95 it's not cheap for a ds powder and it's useless. Goes on like a chalky white, looks way worse than redness I want to correct. Don't be swayed by ds ads-save your money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I needed a setting powder in a pinch, while on vacation in Hawaii. The drugstore was my only immediate option, and this powder looked so pretty (like Meteorites almost) I decided to spend $15.00 for it, (average for drugstore powder, I think.) This is compact containing a round, pressed powder which is molded into a multi-color "swirl" of peach, yellow, lilac, and green corrective color powders. Beneath the powder is a well that contains a tiny application brush. The product claims to be a, "High-tech Japanese formula," that, "delivers a natural-looking finish that won't cake, crease or settle into fine lines." After using this powder, my first thought was to wonder in which century BCE did Japanese cosmetic chemists consider this formula, "high tech"? Everything about this powder seems primitive as far as I'm concerned. The colors don't correct anything on my skin. They give my face a white cast, which looks a lot like I've dusted my skin with baby powder (ironic). The white cast, when highlighted, looks green. I could pull this off in Wicked, but it's not flattering in the least. The powder itself is THE most "powdery" compact powder I've ever encountered. It's more powdery than loose powder. It's like uncoated sidewalk chalk that creates twice as much dust. I held my breath when applying this, and I had to walk away to get air that wasn't full of powder. The brush included in the compact is hard, rough, and abrasive enough that I suspected it might be the cause of the excessive powdering. But, I tried my own brushes, and a couple of different sponges, but this stuff powders to a ridiculous degree. If I used it everyday, I would think it would be used up in about two days. The powder has to be blown off after application, which causes yet another surrounding cloud of "non-talc" substance to surround me. This is a total flop for me. Perhaps it works differently on fair skin, and/or dry skin. I have yet to try a Physicians Formula product that hasn't been "junk" on my face. Obviously this line works for many people, because its been around as long as I can remember, and it has a LOT of products, but it's awful for me.