Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Powder - Creamy Natural

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am loving this product! My skin has become increasingly more difficult over the years because of dryness and irritation with so many products. Makeup has been looking absolutely awful and my skin looks actually worse with it on that off (except for the uneven tone). I've gotten to the place where the skin looked better with just a little concealer overtop moisturizer only because that was the only way it looked like skin instead of pronounced dryness and crepey texture.

So, I saw this product (along with the Airbrushed Talc-Free powder) and bought them both. I bought this Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural, which is just perfect for my fair skin. (However Creamy Natural in the Airbrushed Powder was just a little too dark whereas Translucent is perfect).

I think the key here is to get the right shade, and when you do, it is like magic. I brush it over my face with my fluffy brush and it is like erasing the redness as it evens out the skin tone.

I've read where people said it was too pale. I think since the point is to even out the skin, it will go on a little paler than the skin to even it out, which is why the right shade is important. I feel it is also crucial to use the right brush. I have tried this with a sheerer brush and it doesn't cover as well. With my fluffy brush, I just lightly swirl it around on the compact, then sweep / swirl it on my face. It covers perfectly but without looking thick. It is like watching the uneven tone go away.

Sometimes I have had makeup get too beige on me, which tends to make the red spots of my face more pronounced. I think this Correcting Powder would be a good solution for that.

When used on top of the Mineral Wear Airbrushed Talc-Free Powder, the result is gorgeous with the look of beautiful, real skin. So far I have not had a reaction to it, so hopefully I won't.

I normally wear a liquid foundation but in the summer, or on days where i just DO NOT want to try hard, this is *perfect*! I will admit the packaging is bulky and the brush is complete crap but really you probably have a blush or powder brush lying around that you could use. Also i am pale and this does bring out the white in me more but the coverage is awesome which makes up for it showing my true colors!! the look is so smooth and soft looking and it really does a great job of evening out your skin tone. I suggest that if u use this as your "foundation" that you wear the powder that you wear over your normal foundation over this because like anything else; you get oily after awhile. Yes you will need to wear concealor still under your eyes, but seriously, this is absolutly perfect for hot summer days when you dont want to wear a liquid foundation! perfectly natural, smoooth, easy coverage with SPF! i will buy again!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was beyond excited for this. This powder has colors in it to help do more things at once with less products. This for me fell very short. The powder has a nice consistency and smoothed in pretty well. I am very pale and I figured this would look good. It actually made me look white which is so off from Creamy Natural. This also did not absorb oil very well and started to look bad from the minute I applied. There was no making this work for my skin. This compact is clunky and cheap plastic which I find so weird because this is rather expensive for a drugstore product. This product is just not worth it and I found nothing redeeming. Great idea, but such a bad formula.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

PF Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural is absolutely amazing! It covers well... but it covers with a very, very pale, soft powder. I am about NW5-10, and Creamy Natural isn't too dark for me, so that should give you an idea of how pale it is. It cuts down on any redness and it kind of has a sheen to it--it's not starkly matte, which is the main difference between this powder and ELF Complexion Perfection, finish-wise. It's very soft and powdery, so transportation might be a challenge with this little guy.

I purchased this as part of a set and am not loving it. The brush is useless and the while the powder itself has a nice consistency, I find that it is so far off from my natural skin tone that I need to cover it with loads of loose powder to create a skin match. Double powder = creases and results in a very obvious makeup application. I'll continue to use it b/c of the price, but will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this powder because after my store rewards it was free. It's really expensive at regular price, which is $14.00. This is a gritty powder with a weird white cast to it. It isn't creamy or natural. It doesn't control shine at all. However, when brushed on with a large powder brush after moisturzing, it does even out my skin tone and give me the confidence to go foundation-free and get out of the house quickly. Otherwise, this is a useless product. I will not repurchase, even if it's free.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've very pale so I have the Translucent shade, not the Creamy Natural.

I got this because I've liked other PF powder correctors, like the SPF 16 green corrector and another whose name I forgot.

Pros:
I don't use foundation so I liked that it gives a lot of coverage.

The color correction is really really good for my pale, cool toned skin. I was really, really happy with the color correction when I first applied it.

Cons:

If I use even slightly too much or don't go over my face with my brush a couple of times it can look really cakey.

It also surprised me how oily I get within just an hour of putting this on. Usually PH is good for oily skin, but this doesn't go very well with oily skin so I have to blot which ends up eventually wiping a lot of the product off.

I'm going to finish the pan but I won't get it again.

Rarely am I as annoyed with a product as I am with this. At $13.95 it's not cheap for a ds powder and it's useless. Goes on like a chalky white, looks way worse than redness I want to correct. Don't be swayed by ds ads-save your money.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I needed a setting powder in a pinch, while on vacation in Hawaii. The drugstore was my only immediate option, and this powder looked so pretty (like Meteorites almost) I decided to spend $15.00 for it, (average for drugstore powder, I think.) This is compact containing a round, pressed powder which is molded into a multi-color "swirl" of peach, yellow, lilac, and green corrective color powders. Beneath the powder is a well that contains a tiny application brush. The product claims to be a, "High-tech Japanese formula," that, "delivers a natural-looking finish that won't cake, crease or settle into fine lines." After using this powder, my first thought was to wonder in which century BCE did Japanese cosmetic chemists consider this formula, "high tech"? Everything about this powder seems primitive as far as I'm concerned. The colors don't correct anything on my skin. They give my face a white cast, which looks a lot like I've dusted my skin with baby powder (ironic). The white cast, when highlighted, looks green. I could pull this off in Wicked, but it's not flattering in the least. The powder itself is THE most "powdery" compact powder I've ever encountered. It's more powdery than loose powder. It's like uncoated sidewalk chalk that creates twice as much dust. I held my breath when applying this, and I had to walk away to get air that wasn't full of powder. The brush included in the compact is hard, rough, and abrasive enough that I suspected it might be the cause of the excessive powdering. But, I tried my own brushes, and a couple of different sponges, but this stuff powders to a ridiculous degree. If I used it everyday, I would think it would be used up in about two days. The powder has to be blown off after application, which causes yet another surrounding cloud of "non-talc" substance to surround me. This is a total flop for me. Perhaps it works differently on fair skin, and/or dry skin. I have yet to try a Physicians Formula product that hasn't been "junk" on my face. Obviously this line works for many people, because its been around as long as I can remember, and it has a LOT of products, but it's awful for me.