April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Cleansers - Korres - Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by rata2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product as a sample from Kit in Sydney. I was a little worried if this would break me out or strip my skin or wouldnt clean at all. Well to my surprise it was actually pretty good. It cleaned nicely without feeling dry or tight, it did not irritate my skin nor cause any further breakouts.It did not cure or reduce breakouts but thats not its purpose. I use this cleanser morning and night, followed by moisturizer then my topical drying pimple cream (only night) I like this cleanser as its light and not too harsh on the skin and ideal for someone that just wants a clean feel. I would definitely buy this again. Try the sample size first.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd be so happy with a cleanser. I picked this up at Ulta in an attempt to calm my skin down after a difficult experience with two Mario Badescu cleansers (for reference - Enzyme Cleansing Gel, which resulted in a bright red face -- for hours and supersensitive skin for days; and another that I threw out with this one thereafter. I think the parabens and sulfates were irritating). I love the Boscia Soothing Cream Cleanser and return to it often; I had good luck, too, with Jeffrey Dover's Skin Effects Glycolic Cream Cleanser. I go back often to Cetaphil, too. My challenge with Boscia is availability - though some Ulta and Sephora stores are stocking it; with Cetaphil, I feel it's left makeup residue behind. I'm too lazy and tired at night to use a removal oil then an cleanser.

But, I digress. This cleanser dispenses from a tube and is a lotion consistency. I put a small pea-sized drop in my palm (so, this will last FOREVER), emulsify it with a little water by rubbing my palms together (like one might do with a hair gel) - and beautiful foam lathers. It does a great, gentle job of cleaning my face. Some mascaras (just trying the Clinique tubing Bottom Lash) require a different method of removal (hot water and slight pressure), so it doesn't work as well there. I do have to follow immediately with moisturizer or I feel a tad dry, but my skin is dry/very dry year round. This cleanser helped to calm my angry skin from the enzyme cleanser -- and to remedy the fall out from that -- dry patchiness. If you're a Greenie, the packaging is recyclable and comes in a recyclable box. I'm so impressed with this line, I'm exploring their other products.. .I do need another moisturizer soon!

Here's the scoop - it's pH neutral and soap-free, and if you're sensitive or veering away from 'cones, parabens, or sulphates (as I'm trying to do):

* No Petrochemicals
* No Mineral Oil
* No Silicones
* No Parabens
* No Propylene Glycol
* No Ethanolamines
* No Sulphates
* No Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES)
* No Phthalates
* No Animal Testing

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was really impressed with how well this cleanser removes makeup, including eye makeup. And it doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It has a really nice texture, foams up just enough and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry.

All up, it's a really good quality cleanser at a decent price, but after using it for about 2 months now I haven't noticed any huge improvements in my skin. My cheeks aren't quite as dry and flaky, but I'm still getting blemishes on my chin. I'm going to try something else once this runs out, but I wouldn't rule out purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by snorgren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry combination skin that is very sensitive and gets irritated easily from the hard water we have. I needed a cleanser that could really clean my skin without stripping and drying it out. This is it!! I LOVE Korres products and had tried the white tea cleanser (too drying) and the 3-in-1 cleanser (not cleansing enough) and finally tried the foaming cleanser. Wow!!! It foams just enough and does not dry out my skin at all, however I can see how clean my face is when I'm finished. I've had less breakouts since using this product which is huge for me! I follow up with the Korres Wild Rose line and my skin glows. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by michiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin. Even cream cleansers are a bit dry after using. So although this product let my skin dry, I still find it to be a great product. A little goes a long way, love the smell, love that it's natural, and love that it foams up nicely without harsh chemicals. It would make a great summer cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser. I wasn't quite happy with the First Aid Beauty Cleanser, I didn't know why, but now I think it's the aloe I was dumb enough not to check and see that's in there. It wasn't enough aloe I think to make my skin flip out, just enough to make it more sensitive. It's also really really drying (to dry skin) and that got worse the longer I used it.

Fresh Soy Cleanser left me with clogged pores. It wasn't drying, but I also don't think it cleaned well enough. Once again aloe is an ingredient.

The Korres is like an aloe-free mix of the two. It makes me quite happy because there were things I really liked about both of those cleansers and I still see why people like them. If you have combo to oily sensitive or acne prone skin I think the FAB is great. If you have normal to dry less reactive skin the Fresh is great. The Korres is also closer in $ to FAB at $21 instead of the $38 of Fresh. Quite a bit of savings!

The Korres does have fragrance added which did freak me out at first because I generally avoid fragrance, but I put my paranoia away and judged solely off of my face and there hasn't been a bad reaction. The Korres doesn't really moisturize, but it doesn't strip and that all that I ask really...for my cleanser to just be neutral. And Clarisonic friendly! It's quite thick and foams enough for a bit of slip so it's ideal to use with the Clarisonic.

When my skin is very very dry I do think it is a bit too harsh to use twice a day, so I limit it to once a day when I take my mu off and use something different in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by hongthetran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

tried a sample of this tonight and i love it. i like the foaming action but it did not leave my skin dry. the cleanser is very gentle but took all my makeup off. i could see the makeup come off as soon as the cleanser touched my face. i just massaged cleanser on my face then rinsed off with cold water.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I wish I could have loved this product as much as previous reviewers, especially since there is so much to love about it: the creamy texture, the gentle lather it creates, and the warm, slightly sweet scent, all of which combine to provide a wonderfully luxurious experience. However, every time I use this cleanser I break out. I've used it steadily for the past 6 weeks, just to give it a fair shot, and kept the rest of my skincare regiment the same. Alas, I've broken out repeatedly from using this. I have sensitive, oily skin with the occasional pimple, so this isn't a normal occurrence for me. Maybe it's just a bit too rich for my skin? I'm not sure. I will probably give this to my mom, whose skin is drier and less sensitive than mine. I would not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser is my HG makeup remover and cleanser. First of all, the product is healthy in terms of hazard ratings. Secondly, the packaging is cute and the results are AMAZING! After using Korres, my skin is left unbearably baby soft, and I get a flush of natural blush. After finishing the product, I can gladly say that my face has had it's pores minimalized, it's impurities minimalized, my skin moisturized, my makeup completely removed and my skin tone more evenly coated. The foam is totally fun to use and you will MISS the product once it's done. The packaging could be better though, cause the last 1/3 of the product can't get out of the container and I had to snip the container to get some out. Milk is also a great ingredient contained in the cream cleanser that has helped me feel less tired and has refreshened me. Even through a morning without sleep! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This winter I have been searching for a creamy, lightly foaming cleanser that removes makeup as well as cleans my skin, gently yet thoroughly, and has a pleasant, natural aroma. I can't stand highly fragranced products...Clarins, EL and many others. Imagine my surprise while I was at Sephora, torn between the original Milk Proteins cleanser and the White Tea cleanser, when I glanced down and saw this new one! It is a 5.07 oz. tube (love) for $21, which comes in a box with the ingredients on it. It includes the obvious milk proteins, as well as amaranth and rice proteins, castor oil, and willow bark. I use a dime size amount, mix with a bit of water and it creates a smooth and creamy foam that is a joy to use. It rinses off well and leaves my skin....and this is the most important point...clean, soft but not stripped of it's own moisture. It does not leave a film on the skin, which many milky cleansers do, but also doesn't have me reaching for the moisturizer immediately either. It feels lush and nourishing for my face :) I feel like Goldilocks when I say this is just right!! It has an aroma of sweet yogurt or milk which smells natural, not synthetic, and dissipates quickly. I feel that this cleanser will be great year 'round for me. For the record I have 40's normal, hormonal, congestion prone skin, which is quick to show me when I'm using things that are too harsh. The last milk cleanser I used was Evanhealy Rose milk and it left my pores clogged and also created a few dry patches. I never thought cleanser could make such a difference, but this Korres product is HG!