October 20, 2014 | 2137 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JennHen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having acne I was desperate to find something to cover it. I am so happy I discovered this foundation. It is amazing! A little does go a long way, even on my terrible skin. Cannot believe how nice even my skin looks when I wear this product. Can't rate it highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Frichtl83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!! I have been wearing Estée Lauder for years now and prior to purchasing the maximum coverage I was wear the Double Wear. I suffer from acne, acne scars, and pit mark on my cheeks. Nothing has covered them like this foundation! For the first time I finally feel like I look flawless! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to apply it, I've read the buffering brush works well so I'm going to try that! The makeup goes a long way so you don't need much and it feels like silk when you put it on! It doesn't even feel like you have foundation on! Also, I have a brown spots on my cheeks and forehead from sun damage, cover it completely! If you want flawless skin, spend the money on something that will actually work! You really do get what you pay for! It doesn't take much so it should last a long time! I love love love this product! Here's to feeling beautiful in your own skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Ronda109

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite foundation for some time now, and I am most unhappy that this product has been discontinued in the lighter shades. I see that so many of us have posted reviews on Makeup Alley. Maybe we could all ask that it be re-introduced in the lighter shades, such as Creamy Ivory? I've done my part by asking EL on an online chat (numerous times when I've checked back to see if it's available.) Otherwise, does anyone know of a good substitute that will give this level of coverage, while not looking cakey and mask-like?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

Here is my demo video on how I cover up my problem-skin, using Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation!

27 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

I had combo skin. it's really opaque and thick coverage. a little goes long way. if you wish to use this, you should exfoliate your face and moisturize really well, because this stuff really exaggerates your dry area. its also sets really fast, so you need to blend it fast too. im using sigma f80 and im doing partly. For me, if its sets I don't have to powder it, but If I only need a touch up during the day om using Mac Skinfinish face powder in soft gentle. Does not causing any problem to my face. its does transfer to tissue if im blot my face. i wish it have this non transfer ability of any estee lauder double wear had. long wearing, I could said its staight to 10 hours for my skin. I love the packaging also, so good for traveling. remember!! a LITTLE goes long wear if not your face wil looking CAKEY!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by andrea27

I just have come to the end of suffering with aggressive cystic acne for the last 12 months. I now have extremely pigmented scars all over my face and none of my other foundations (benefit, mac, urban decay) will cover the marks as they are so severe. I have tested nearly every drugstore and high end foundation and still they do not cover my scarring.

I was recommended to use Dermablend by Vichy. Whilst this by far had the best coverage of all the foundations I tried, my scarring was still visible.

Then I tried the maximum cover and this has changed my life completely. It covers every single mark on my face and it makes me feel so much more confident about my appearance. It blends on smoothly, covers with only one layer and it feels like there is nothing on my skin.

I experimented applying it in different ways. The beauty blender thins it out and so, does not provide as much coverage. A flat foundation brush works well but personally, I see the best results with the real techniques buffing brush.

I also use the Estee Lauder matt primer underneath. The foundation goes on like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalnotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this as a foundation before I purchased the regular double wear foundation. This wasn't the best foundation for me as my cheek area would become patchy in 6 hours. However I absolutely love its finish and texture on my skin as it felt like I had a smooth layer on my face. This is an EXCELLENT concealer. I use this together with my regular double wear foundation. This would not budge and I would not have to worry about my pimplea showing through. It covers redness completely and you only need the tiniest, thinest layer as too much would cause cakiness. With the amount I use, I reckon this would last me for a decade. im not even kidding. If you are struggling with acne like I do and wish to find something to cover them up, try the maximum cover as a concealer and regular double wear as a foundation combination. It is expensive but you only need to buy this product once for it to last for years and it is so worth it. I cant rave enough about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I'm a skin tone that no one can seem to match. I'm not particularly dark but not particularly fair withers, so you'd think someone makes a product which will work for me but no! I've been to Shiseido, YSL, Dior and Bobbi Brown but I've always come up with too-dark or too-light formulas.

Because of this, I was a fair bit concerned about being colour matched when I stepped into Estée Lauder. While the service I received there was tepid, the SA did seem to know her stuff and she matched me perfectly (Shell Beige, No. 5). I left with a sample (which I recommend everyone here does) and have been using it since. Thankfully she was generous with the product, so I've been using it a few times a week for just over two months and can give you a comprehensive review.

Putting the product on is incredibly easy. I was concerned that I would make a mess as I am a makeup noob and despite watching YouTube videos all day, don't have the perfect technique down. I use my hands to apply the product but I've been told and have seen most using a foundation brush to apply it. I would not recommend layering this product as even a good colour match will look a bit off. I think if you use enough the first time (and you won't need much depending on your skin) you should be sweet and not need a second layer. Concealer/powder can be used to cover up any imperfections that may still be visible (I have terrible scarring and find my Za powder foundation does the trick in covering that last bit up).

The product doesn't go orange by oxidising and doesn't give that "white" look to the skin that I believe is caused by sunscreen. It also gives a matte finish which I don't mind as my skin is oily and tends to develop a sheen anyway during the day. You will need to add blusher, lipstick or some sort of colour to your face as this gives a flat look to your skin - the perfect base. I'm not sure if I am using as much as the other reviewers, but I don't find that this product lasts 12 hours but rather more 6-8 without powder and 1-2 hours longer with powder.

Just to sum up for those looking for quick facts:

Pros:
Doesn't go orange
Doesn't give skin "white" look
Matte for those with oily faces
Doesn't break me out (strangely as I am prone to breakouts)
Good coverage for skin imperfections
Doesn't seep into pores and gives good base for extra makeup
Easy to apply with hands/brush
Lots of product which can be used for ages
Decent colour range for fair-medium clients (depending on what stores you go to)

Cons:
The product in the bottle or container can separate into "oils" and other liquids, particularly if carried around in a purse/backpack
Fairly limited section for those who are very dark
May break some people out
May need to apply concealer/powder over it if you have very dark or prominent imperfections as it won't completely conceal some things

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by AyishaAyisha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly i would say if you have any dry skin this is not the foundation for you. i have normal to dry skin especially in the colder months, i have terrible dark circles and a few scars from a few breakouts but no acne or severe blemishes so far (touch wood) however i still prefer a full coverage foundation and thought id pick this up as i heard it totally covers everything and provides maximum coverage. This foundation is VERY matte, even if i apply a hefty amount of moisturiser before hand within an hour or so it'll be back to dull looking skin and gives a very washed out 'dead' appearance when worn. for my dark circles i had to do 2 layers until i was satisfied with the coverage and after a few hours i could see the pesky marks and dark circles showing through. since using this foundation i have also broke out in tiny skin coloured bumps on my cheeks and around my nose >.< the bottle itself i initially likes as its a squeezy tube so no need of the fuss of buying an extra pump etc like in some other foundations. after the first use however the foundation would leak out of the top as i don't think it is tight enough and gets everywhere once i unscrew the top and leads to waste of product. all in all for a foundation that is considered high end with a very high end price, i am disappointed. maybe for someone with oily or combination skin would suit this better, but for me its a big fat thumbs down :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mrsbennett1617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic!! If your looking for a flawless FULL coverage foundation for problematic skin, this is the product for you. It covers all my redness, discoloration, acne breakouts, and all my acne scarring, without breaking you out! I have been using this product for years and have yet to find anything that compares to it. The only bad thing I can say is that its a little pricey, but a little goes a long way with this product(get about 7 months) so the price is worth it!!!