Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

4.2

active ingredient: titanium dioxide ingredients: isododecane, titanium dioxide, isohexadecane, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, petrolatum, glyceryl stearate, quaternium-18 hectorite, ethylene mixed copolymer, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), kaolin, cholesterol, aloe barbadensis extract, lavender, sandal wood, tocopheryl acetate, isomerized linoleic acid, geranium, silica, jasmin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, bisabolol, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, rose, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, BHT, mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, chromium oxide green, chromium hydroxide greens.

on 1/18/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

PLEASE Estee Lauder bring back the 11 Very Light shade!

on 1/7/2015 11:17:00 AM

I love this product!! I ordered now 2 more from ICI Paris XL in the Netherlands, they have a discount now, 70%!!!. So it is now €12,60 euros! Normally it is €42 so its a huge difference. However i had problems with my skin and i used different foundations, which only gave me oily skin and acne. I only use Estee Lauder now and even my friend told me my face look great. Its really lightweight foundation and you dont have to use much.

I would recommend this to people who have oily skin or combi.

Read lots of reviews before I bought this and wished I'd bought it a lot sooner. Great coverage and shade range, bottle's ok but will end up tipping it upside down when I get to the last drop. Don't think it would work on dry skin as I was told to moisturise well before application and I've got combination skin which is getting dehydrated as I'm getting older. I'll be sticking to this as over the years I've bought every foundation known to womankind and never been happy with coverage, shine etc etc. good all rounder just make sure you go to the counter with a sales woman who can be bothered to apply it correctly that was my only gripe , the actual product is fab. The price is what I expect to pay for high end make up. This review is for the double wear foundation ( bottled) and not this one.

on 12/17/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product cause I read quite good reviews on it here. After getting the product, initially I was sort of satisfied with it, but after a while it just felt like any other foundation, just that it's a little bit more 'powdery' and kind of make it look like you've put many layers of makeup on, despite you just swiped it once on the skin.

The only reason I stated that I would not buy this product again, was cause it wasn't exactly OUTSTANDING or different than any other products and it kind of still make me wonder if there is a perfect foundation out there. But if I were to run out of foundation and are left between this product and some other product I do not have the review off and in an emergency sort of situation (perhaps I'm traveling and forgot to bring a foundation and deciding to get a foundation as quick as I can before my flight), I will get this again.

It is not the kind of make up I will wear to work everyday, due to the fact I don't want to look like as if I'm trying to seduce the kindergarten kids at centre I work in with the 'heavy' make up. All I needed was something that would just tone out my skin naturally, cover the pores and thats about it. I also have Giorgio Armani Nude Face Fabric foundation which is almost double the price, but that felt more natural to wear to work than this Estee Lauder one.

on 11/28/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Let me first say that I have weird skin. I can have a minor breakout and deal with hyper pigmentation from it for months. I have dark marks on my face that will usually only go away with color correcting, which will often times make your face suuuuuper cakey. I also have skin that produces so much oil, eyeliner on my waterline ends up raccoon-ish after about two hours. I love the normal double wear because it stays put on my oily skin and it covers a lot without me having to color correct. Now THIS stuff is heaven sent. I don't use it as a foundation because I love my double wear but as a concealer on top it's magical. I got a sample of it and that little jar is lasting me so long!! I'm definitely purchasing this foundation as soon as I get to a Macy's it's literally the best concealer I've ever used. I've stuck with Mac studio finish for years but it slides off my face when I get oily. This will replace that bad bay. Expensive but hey, it's your face. Highly recommend if you have some serious covering up to do!

on 11/22/2014 8:18:00 AM

HG.......I wanted to give this another shot because I loved the old formula . My craziness over foundation has been a 25 year ordeal as I just turned 40. I am very dry and love the flawless look literally no other foundation. So my best friend and the MA watched me apply this powerhouse and both said I was applying way to much . So thank god they were there Turns out just using a little bit for each section of my face and setting with a tiny bit a mac Mineralize skinfinish powder is key.The more you put on which is not necessary in the first place will actually cause more dryness.Just thought I would share that tip for all of you that want a perfect foundation but have dry skin skin.

on 11/9/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I first bought this foudation almost two years ago after reading the good reviews and needing a full coverage foudation that actually lasted all day.

First let me say the colors are limited. When I went to the counter I had picked out one color, but the MUA at the counter picked out another shade for me, and I went with what she picked out. The color itself does not perfectly fit me either, but I make it work. The counter MUA applied the foundation on with a brush, on just one side of my face where most of my acne scarring is, I was pleased, so on my way home I went. In the car though, I noticed just how thick and caked on it looked, so I started having second thoughts. I tried using this foundation for a while, but I really wasn't too pleased, it came out too thick everytime, I could feel it on my face and all I wanted to do was wash it off. I left it alone for a while.

Fast foward a few months, I tried it again, but decided this foundation does not work for me if I try to use it on my whole face, so I only applied it to my problem areas, then I applied my regular mineral powder over my whole face, which also takes care of the color difference. This way worked for me, so it's how I use it now.

But let me tell you, I DID NOT appreciate just how great this foundation is until recently. My skin is going through a horrible phase of cystic acne, and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation goin on, and this foudation is what saves me every morning. It's amazing how quickly this covers up my marks, I don't have to fuss around trying to cover up, I simply put some of this foundation on and it's done. Every now and then I'll go over one area twice, but it's such a time saver (because I've struggled with foudations or concealers that take time to cover up before), and now that I'm starting to run out, I know I'm definitely buying another bottle. I put this on early in the morning and when I get home from work in the evening my scars are still perfectly covered up.

Also, a little goes a long way, so one bottle will last you a while.

on 11/3/2014 4:07:00 PM

Was super excited to try this product because of such good reviews on it , it sounded right up my ally! I've tried EVERYTHING to cover my acne and acne scars and I thought this would be a new favorite but oh was I wrong. Although it does cover decently , I have a 7 $ concealer that covers better! Also I have light skin but not pasty white or anything like that , and the lightest shade was WAY to dark made me look dirty .. Very strange feeling on your face too. Looks chalky just 100% not for me! And for the price deff something to pass up!

on 10/7/2014 9:12:00 PM

I bought this maximum cover foundation as I had already been wearing the Estee Lauder double wear foundation but had run out. I am in love with double wear however, I decided to try something new as I am 19 with the odd spot here and there and some red/pink pigmentation and I was out to find the perfect FULL coverage foundation to leave my skin looking flawless.

Well I was pleasantly surprised by Maximum Cover. I was frightened it would leave me with a major caked up looking face but it delivered in terms of providing full coverage without the cakeyness. It gave me an almost barbie doll like complexion, absoloutely 100% flawless Seems to be too good to be true? Well it was slightly..

I took off one mark for this due to its oxidisation problems, it did when fully dry go slightly orangey on my skin. Another thing to consider is that this foundation takes a lot of work to look fully natural. Some form of blusher and slight bronzer/powder may be needed to avoid looking dull, as it makes skin all one tone. It also has little oil control, in fact I found it made me a little oilier than usual, maybe because its so heavy my pores were fighting against it with my natural oils!

All in all this is a good full (i mean full) coverage foundation and is good for anyone who has scarring, hyper pigmentation, moles, freckles etc. that they want to cover. Also great for photography as no white shades appear on the face from SPF. For me, in hindsight it probably made me realise my skin would have been better with something a little less like double wear rather than such heavy coverage foundation, but hey all girls my age feel the need for perfection however it made me realise I actually quite like the flaws in my skin and thats what makes me, me!

on 10/6/2014 8:06:00 AM

I got this foundation as a sample and I was really excited to try it out. i applied it with my Dior foundation brush which makes all foundation glide on like a dream (which I would expect for £40 anyway!) I tried it in the lightest colour which is creamy Ivory.

So I really liked it when I first applied it, looked like a good colour and it did cover everything, my skin looked flawless and it even covered my horrible, horrible under eye circles which I use heavy concealer for. A few hours went by and I was still really happy with the feel of the foundation, it was heavy but it didn't feel like a mask!

And then I looked in the mirror, my face was ORANGE! I'm not really really pale, I'm an NC20 in Mac and my skin has yellowish tones. My face and neck were completely different colours, it had all caked up and in some areas it had gone a weird grey colour. I have never had this with any foundation, I've had foundations that I havent 'felt' but never ever this. I had to walk around in the busy public for the rest of the day feeling like an idiot and I could see girls staring at me like 'what is wrong with her skin?'.

Such high hops and I'm so so disappointed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation - Review & Demo by MonsiieurAlex

My Full Coverage Foundation Routine (Acne) | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective