September 2, 2014 | 1650 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love how this makes my skin look! It is not greasy, travels easily, and I can also use it as an occasional hot oil treatment for my hair. I even wrote an article about it! You can read it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/12/magical-golden-oil.html

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes it makes you break out at first, but only because it purges your skin. I had enlarged pores on my nose for years and they FINALLY came out when I started moisturizing and steaming my face with this. I use it every day and it helps to balance my oily skin (even though is did honestly take a while) I get very severe eczema and cystic acne on my face and this doesn't aggravate it whatsoever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

-Break out city (not acne prone)
-Not moisturizing
-Left a waxy filmy feeling on my face

One of my least favorite oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love jojoba oil- it keeps my hair shiny and healthy looking. It's just so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jodienicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jojoba is probably my favorite skincare product at the moment. A little background, I have terribly sensitive skin and even though I have needed a good moisturizer tailored to my oily skin, my skin just could not take anything I tried. But then..I found jojoba oil. I came across it by reading beauty articles that talked specifically about finding make-up products based on your heritage, and since my family is from England originally my skin does better with products that are produced in similar climates, etc (aka coconut oil I can't use). Jojoba is grown here in the States, thus its not so exotic to me and my skin type. Also, I have found for me that it is only good to use it at night after I wash my face and before I put tea tree oil on any blemishes (my personal full-proof beauty regimen). Some people use it for everything (make-up remover, face wash, etc) but when I began to use it more than once a day it was not as effective. I also do not put it on before my make-up to avoid the make-up sinking in with the jojoba oil. All in all my skin looks to be retaining a good amount of moisture and has continued to look increasingly healthy due to this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When reading product reviews I think you have to keep in mind what the reviewer used the product for. If I had oily skin prone to breakouts and I used Jojoba oil to control acne flare ups then I would probably give this product one lippie. As it is, I have dry skin that I treat with Clinique super rescue antioxidant moisturizer at bedtime. I apply jojoba oil after that has been absorbed by my skin. Alone, as an only moisturizer, it doesn't contain skin communication substances or the mix of antioxidants that are found in better preparations.
I also use it to remove makeup and then follow with Sensibio water by Bioderma to remove what little bit of makeup remains.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by macoe

Holy grail product! I've been using this for years to boost the moisturizing ability of my fav moisturizer (Merlot Moisturizer SPF 15). I only need a drop or two and it's not only moisturizing but balancing, soothing and dare I say, perhaps clearing? It certainly seems like it. A little goes a long way, meaning a bottle lasts over a year, does not go rancid, travels well as it's small and plastic rather than glass, while letting you easily see how much you have left. It's super affordable, cruelty-free, and one of the best things I've ever done for my skin (which for reference is combination, tending towards dryness, but can get clogged pores and even occasional breakouts, and also somewhat sensitive—yay). This has never irritated, clogged, broken out or dried my skin. Btw, some oils can be drying. I'm experimenting with Argan, Maracuja, and Marula oils now (verdicts still to come) and both Argan and Marula dried me out a bit. Rose oil was super soothing and moisturizing but clogged my pores a bit (although I can use rosewater spray with no ill effects). Anyway, all this experimenting has reminded me of how great jojoba oil is. And I was never looking to replace it—I use it in the daytime and was looking for something to boost my nighttime moisturizer. But we'll see; I may just end up with adding this to the night routine as well. Give it a try; it's pretty amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jackiech100

After countless acne washes, scrubs, spot treatments, and masks I finally found the product that works for me. I found this oil in my bathroom drawer, unopened. I don't even remember buying it. I had heard before that jojoba oil can be used for acne so I tried it. I didn't see much of anything until after a few days of using it at night and in the morning. Now I have been using it everyday for about a month and my face is clear of acne. I still get very few on my forehead, which has always been a trouble area for me, but other than that my skin looks great! I no longer wake up nervous to look in the mirror to see if I have gotten any pimples overnight. My pores and acne scars have also been reduced in size. I will continue using this product, definitely!

***Update*** I've been using this oil for about seven months, and I'm still as happy with my skin as I was the first month. I still get a few pimples when I'm over stressed, but they're uncommon and usually small. I rub plenty of the jojoba oil on my face every night before I sleep- it's kind of messy and annoying to sleep with oil on my face, but it's worth it. I've been using my current bottle of oil for four months, and it's half full so it last a long time! I think I'll be using this oil for a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 3 years now and can't imagine going without it. Jojoba oil is a great multi-use product that is effective and gentle when it comes to cleansing, makeup removal, and moisturizing. I primarily use this as a moisturizer after cleansing, specifically to combat redness, and this has healed my skin the way most commercial moisturizers claim to. I have very sensitive skin and have gone through hell and high water to fight off acne and redness, this is one of the few things that truly works. Oils aren't for everyone, but jojoba oil's ability to work so well and still be gentle on my skin is why it'll continue to be in my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by EmmaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LIQUID GOLD!
My daily night time companion! I mix this with a couple drops of my moisturizer almost every night to help combat the dryness of Retin-A. Works wonders....

Multi-purpose, too, as I occasionally mix some with my conditioner to add a little more hydration and shine. Also a good lip conditioner and make up remover.

The only bad thing I have to say about this product is the packaging. The nozzle looks functional, but in reality, the oil just sloughs off the side of the cap.

**Quick Tip**
To get around the horrid nozzle debacle, put the oil in a well rinsed out contact solution bottle (I use the travel size for convience). Makes dispensing so much easier.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No