April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

I love this eyeshadow in the 'Dark Grey' shade - it ideal as an eyeliner and for the outer corner of the eyes (not too dark on my fair skin). This shade of grey seems to highlight my blue eyes perfectly. And the applicator which is included is very handy; the sponge tip is an ideal size for the purpose I use it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by LislizWe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the EA shadow in Sparkle. I LOVE this color! I do find myself re-applying it sometimes to counter act the "fading", but i don't mind because i Love the color!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kl90z

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i just purchesed ea eyeshadow in moonbeam after reading about it i loved how the coler matched my eyes but it was way to light i had to reapply withen 2o minutes and it faded instent in light the price is not worth it but i suggest cover girl in artic for a glimmery white

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cheerymerryberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way too sheer. Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the EA eyecolor natural shadows although they are pricy and do not have interesting colors. I find the brown shade TEAK 06 I have in as my ultimate HG brown that makes my brown eyes POP!! I have 4 other shades too in varying browns and purples which I find good as well. All in all, i like this brand much better than Lancolm shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought twelve Elizabeth Arden eyeshadows in two palettes. The colours are grape (purplish plum with pink flecks), silver (metallic), forest green (with gold flecks), emerald (with yellow and green flecks), taupe (with silver flecks), bronze (metallic), gold (slightly metallic), golden peach (skin colour with gold sheen), frosted pink (pale pink moderately frosted), lilac frost (light purple with heavy frost), cobalt (navy blue)and sea blue (dark blue with green and silver flecks). The coverage isn't as sheer as some people have described. It depends. The dark colours (ie bronze, plum and navy)have great pigmentation but the lighter and frosted colours (ie frosted pink, golden peach, taupe and forest green) barely show at all. They have to be applied with an Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow brush. I tried using my Dior eyeshadow brush and the eyeshadows streaked a lot. The Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow brush gave much better results. When I used my fingers to apply them it was okay too. The texture is pretty smooth, although not the greatest. Also,the staying power is poor. They crease and fade. Yuck!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2004 9:12:00 AM More reviews by auroraleigh

I tried Sherbet and Sungold in Dillard's; neither of them showed up on me at all. Tested Moonlight (?) and Plum Pearl on the back of my hand--they were both gorgeous colors but had disappeared by the time I left the store (10 minutes later). Maybe they would have lasted longer on my lids, maybe not.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JeenatheeRawks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 9 of these in a palette, and I really like them. I'd never been a fan of EA's color cosmetics because they looked so bland compared to MAC, UD, and even Stila, but I gave these a go because I always need subtle, sophisticated makeup for work, and the shadows are subdued and natural.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by the quality of EA shadows. They look blah in the pans, but on the eyes (on top of a shadow base), they have a soft glow and just seem to melt into the skin. Even the darker satin shades adjust to the skin instead of getting muddy and heavy.

I use these shadows every day, and they last as well as any shadows I've worn. They're not super-shimmery or eye-catching. They're soft and enhancing, and they're definitely worth looking into.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I only have one color, Earthshine. It may have been dsct. A bronzey shade. Pigment's good, it applied easily and wore well throughout the day with no noticable creasing. Since I have 2, I won't be repurchasing. As far as the other colors go, there weren't many that greatly appealed to me. But this was a while ago. Maybe I will check it out again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love the texture of these. So soft and silky they feel creamy. The majority of the line is on a neutral scale, the purples are earthy, the blues have a hint of grey to them which makes them fairly universal. The pigmentation is fairly translucent, but when built up or used over a base or cream show they can be rather dramatic. And at $10 usd a pop, you can't really go wrong. Plus they'll fit into a MAC palette.