July 26, 2014 | 1571 users online

Lip Gloss - Chantecaille - Lipglosses

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by agarber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the reviews here, I just purchased the Les Delices palette. It is awesome! The colors are beautiful for fall/winter, and will look great on almost any skin tone. Read below to see more info about the colors, but I can't say enough good things about the texture of these glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Koobie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been a lip gloss junkie for most of my life and Chantecaille lip gloss is like no other lip gloss I have ever tried!

I first ventured into Chantecaille glosses with trepadation - @ $ 24 for a lip gloss is a lot, plus they only come in little compacts which while being super cute are not very convenient for throwing in your jeans pocket for touch ups during the day (unless you throw a lip brush in your pocket too! - ewww lint!!)

Crystal and it is such a pretty shimmery nude color. I then bought the Les Delices palette. I was a bit nervous about this palette because I tend to like light sheer YLBB shades, and the Les Delices palette has a few very dark and opaque looking shades. After deliberating for a week between the two Chantecaille Palettes I decided tob e daring and go with the colors I would ordinarily never choose. I was not dissapointed - I mean how many subtle pink glosses does 1 girl need??

After trying these Les Delices l/g I was delighted because like my Crystal l/g they all go on so sheer and soft - not over powering or harsh.

What I find that really makes these glosses so different is they are not "wet" looking. You don't look like you smeared vaseline & glitter on your lips. Don't get me wrong - I love wet shiny glosses too but it is nice to have an alternative.

Another thing which makes Chantecaille l/g so different is they almost seem like a cross between a lipstick and gloss. I never wear lipstick - ever!

OK - these are not perfect, nothing really is. They are a bit expensive, don't last as long as i'd like and I find I do still need to use a balm underneath to keep my lips from getting dry. I have very dry skin though.

I don't want to cause anyone to go broke for these but please do try them! Next bad day you have go out and buy yourself a little Chantecaille treat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jalin

I *love* these glosses. I am somewhat of a lipgloss fanatic, but these are honestly the best I've tried. They are kind of pricey, but no more so than any other high end lipgloss and IMHO these are definitely a case of getting what you pay for! I purchased the Les Delices palette for the NM event. It has Grendadine (shimmery red); Campari (shiny sheer red); Cristal (sparkly peachy/champagne); Nougat (berry brown); and Taffy (YLBB pink). All the colors in the line appear very deep but go on in such a flattering way. The MA applied Nectar a couple weeks ago and I couldn't stop thinking about the awesome texture of the gloss - it is so moisturizing you do not need to prep your lips with balm at all. The palette is in a sleek silver container that has a mirror and provides a Chantecaille lip brush. Update - I also purchased the Les Sorbet palette, which has the following five colors: Nectar, Guava, Amaretto, Mandarine, and Bellini. These are absolutely gorgeous glosses! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by oxfordgrrl

I have this gloss in Nougat and Crystal. Nougat is a brownish pink and Crystal is an elegant peachy pink shimmer. These don't last terribly long but have such a lovely lustre. I use Crystal with a nude look (Nars Skin Deep) when I don't want bare lips - it gives just the right tint of colour without competeing with one's eyes.
Very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HUGE rave from me!!! So far, I've purchased taffy, bellini, and nectar (nectar and bellini are my faves). I use them very frequently becuase they moisturize really well, have good lasting power, and look sheer and wet on the lips. I would definitely recommend these, although the price is a bit high. The only slight gripe I have is that they tend to slide around just a bit on the lips since they're creamy. I plan on purchasing cristal and campari next :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 10:36:00 AM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought the Chantecaille new lip gloss palette Les Delices. It contains: Grenadine (not otherwise available), Cristal, Campari, Nougat and Taffy. It comes in a beautiful sleek mirrored case with a high quality lipbrush. It's a bit pricey at $68, but worth it in my opinion. These are my fave lip glosses - beautiful colors (I'm in love with Grenadine, a clear, slightly shimmery red), feel great on, and they last really well on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Campari (see separate review) and Cristal. Both are really very pretty and wear really well...Campari is a red, and Cristal is a GORGEOUS sheer pink champagne. I wear usually wear gloss over l/s - I bought Campari with Cranberry, and Cristal with Framboise (see l/s review). One nice touch is the pretty silver mirrored compact - lovely! Note added 07/31/03 - picked up the compact recently ("Les Delices")...which contains 5 glosses and a brush. Two are Campari and Cristal (both of which I love), as well as three other colors...it doesn't say on the box, but I think the M/A said they were Grenadine (red), Nougat (brown), and Taffy (natural pinky-brown). All 5 colors are gorgeous, and I KNOW that I will get my money's worth with this one. :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nycgal

Beautiful colors. Great smooth texture-- not sticky, yet stays on fairly well considering it is so smooth. Love the prettylittle compact too -- very chic looking. Also, soften and moisturizes very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2003 4:20:00 PM More reviews by nightfire40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried sooo many lipglosses because lipsticks--even the most moisturizing--are usually too drying on my lips. Chantecaille lipgloss is my favorite so far. It's moisturizing with medium shine and also has a good deal of pigment so you don't need to reapply every hour. And it doesn't feel goopy or sticky like many other glosses I've tried. I got it in Taffy, and it's goes perfectly with my tan Asian skin. The circular mirrored compact is great too; my only complaint would be that you need a to use your finger or a brush to put it on. But there are some cute retractable mini-brushes available and if you have another product with a carrying case (Chantecaille compact makeup, for instance), it's easy to just throw the whole kit and caboodle in the same bag.
* UPDATE * Just bought the Les Delices palette and love it! Cristal, in particular, looks great when you layer it over another gloss color (just a few dabs in the middle of the lips will do it.) My only complaint is the quality of the included lipbrush; it's spiky and hard to control, but that can always be replaced. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 5:04:00 AM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses! I recently purchased Campari which is a gorgeous medium red shade that anyone could wear. It's not a high-gloss like MAC or NARS, but a lovely, flattering shine. It comes in a gorgeous little silver compact - perhaps a little unsanitary, but I never dip my finger in anyway, I prefer using a lipbrush. Non-sticky, but long-lasting...what more can you ask for? I'm already looking forward to buying more of these. :)