January 30, 2015 | 946 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First, I am super fair, so I have to applaud Revlon for making shades light enough for me. I wear the ColorStay Whipped Creme in Ivory 110 and the ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup in Fair (the lightest shades) over top of it. I've used the powder for about 6 months, and tried it over Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation and the whipped formulation (if you haven't, try the whipped!! so good!). I have really really dry skin, and many foundations/powders look cakey or emphasize dry spots or dry my skin out, but these two are so impressive together.
My Method:
I apply the Whipped Creme foundation with my fingers, and then apply a liberal amount of the Aqua powder in small circles with a RealTechniques buffing brush, then I do the rest of my makeup. For a quick refresh or to set my entire face I'll dust on a little of the powder with a RealTechniques powder brush.
Ok, about the ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup specifically:
-The packaging is fine, the brush is pretty useless, maybe good in a pinch or on the go. I use a RealTechniques buffing or powder brush for best results. I hate those little sifter things, I find them hard to use, so I tap out product into the lid and swirl my brushes around in the lid to pick up product.
-The coverage is very light. This might be because I have such a light shade. It's really more of a perfecting step for me, not to build coverage as the ColorStay Whipped has pretty high coverage already. I find that when I apply it it feels cool or refreshing, it feels very light and hydrating. It also doesn't cling to any dry patches, and it doesn't build up and look cakey.
-The finish is stunning!! Having dry skin, I'm always battling dullness, but a dusting of this makes me look fresh, awake, and healthy. If you apply a heavy swatch on your hand you can see the shimmer in it, but it isn't at all like the Revlon PhotoReady products which turned my face into a disco ball. On the face, even up close, there's no noticeable shimmer. It photographs very well.
-The staying power is also great, I find that the ColorStay line does have impressive staying power. My face looks fine throughout the day, but if I want it especially flawless I just use my RealTechniques buffing brush and a little more of the powder to refresh and rebuff the products into my skin.

I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a lightweight, healthy glow. It's not the cheapest drugstore option, but I've used mine every day for 6 months now and am only just hitting the halfway point.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by kits4cat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set concealer on trouble spots, and love it! I do wish the sifter would lock or twist to keep the powder from making a mess when you open it, but other than that...great product. I use this over Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer almost daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this loose powder. I use it to set my makeup.I think it's too sheer to use alone unless you have really good skin (no marks or blemishes) I find it hydrating and feel it gives a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Personally, I love this powder. I think the cooling sensation you receive as soon as you put the powder to your face is awesome. I got my for about $3 on sale at my local sears, as all makeup at my sears was 75% off. I love it. It's not too cakey but it gives the right amount of coverage for the skin that I have. Also, the colors were very easy to match. Would definitely recommend and buy again. Already bought a 2nd one for the cheap 75% off deal that way I'd have another! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i was sad to find out the almay one was discontinued, but good thing i can still get this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was excited about this. Feels nice going on. Like a cooling effect. But throughout the day it made my face oily and it broke me out. And the coverage was not enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation without reading reviews as I was heading to a weekend festival. As it's the middle of summer in Canada, and we would be camping, I wanted a powder rather than a liquid foundation.

I bought this in "Medium" (due to my current tan). The colour match was fine, however the coverage was not. This covered almost nothing (and when you are camping for four days without access to a shower other than a watering can, the zits tend to pop up). I tried layering this, but found I could not build up enough coverage to make even a bit of difference - redness showed through everywhere.

I thought this may have been a problem with my brush. When I returned from the festival I tried this product on different days with a powder brush, bronzer brush, and kabuki brush. None provided reasonable coverage (I do not have horrendous skin - a little bit of red on my cheeks and the occasional spot).

Furthermore, the sifter was awful. As I was travelling with this powder it was tossed around in my case. When I opened the lid the entire compartment was full. It was difficult to get out an appropriate amount without making a mess.

The damp feeling that occurred when this applied made it an interesting experience, but for the poor quality of the product and bad packaging I would not recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Ntnnx

LOVE this mineral powder! I'm using this with the Revlon Photoready primer and foundation and it looks amazing! The powder makes the finished-look more even and natural. It has some glitter in it but it's not too noticeable. The powder doesn't cover very well but the foundation and the primer already does the covering job so I only need the powder to finish the look. I would recommend this product if you are using the other Revlon Photoready products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this powder, I was sorely disappointed. The coverage seemed very light, which wasn't in keeping with what I've come to expect from Revlon Colorstay products. The little brush provided was a joke, and when I used my usual mineral powder brush, the moisture in the formula gunked-up my brush making it unusable with another powder after one application. That was back in December.

Fast forward to the present (June), and I am beginning to love this product and use it everyday. The lasting power of the powder is truly incredible, and it leaves a great finish that doesn't get too oily, even in direct sun or on humid days. My blush, which tends to fade or melt off with whatever foundation I'm wearing on hot days, stays in place all day long without fading. The cooling effect of the powder at application is nice on a hot morning when sometimes I'm sweating basically after getting out of the shower. The slight shimmer in the powder helps mask sweat.

My one main complaint is that I still find the powder a bit too light of coverage for my preference. It doesn't cover pimples or dark spots too well, so experimenting with different layers of primer, foundation and concealer underneath to get the coverage I need in certain areas. I'll need to get a powder brush designated for this product because the one that comes with the package is a joke and as I said above, the moisture in this powder gunks up my usual powder brush. One other small complaint is the packaging -- I generally like these shaker style powder packages, but this powder comes out very fine from the shaker, so I often get too much on the lid of the package. Because of the moisture again, it is hard to grab just a small amount from the pile of powder in the lid, as it tends to stick together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

You know, this isn't the worse powder foundation I've tried. It could have been a lot worse. But on the other hand, I won't be repurchasing. It just wasn't for me.

Pros:
-If you like Nars Light Reflecting Powder...this is a dupe. I have tried & tested both side by side. Very similar finish. Unfortunately I hate Nars LFP so this wasn't exactly anything I was thrilled by.
-I can see this working on any skintype. It held up pretty well in the dallas heat/humidity on my oily pizzaface, but at the same time it's hydrating & didn't cling to the few dry patches I have.
-Refreshing. Which is great for summertime. It feels like spraying a mist of cold water on my skin upon application.
-My favorite thing about this foundation is the texture. I didn't know what it meant for a powder to be finely milled until I tried this... now all my other powder foundations seem gritty in comparison. I don't think it's possible to have this stuff look cakey... trust me, I had to pile it on.

Cons:
-Has glitter in it. BARELY noticable but I need a 100% matte look since I have crater pores.
-Light coverage. I need something full coverage since I don't have great skin.