E.L.F. 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

this palette i fell in love with!!! The colors are gorgeous and i can assure you that this will give you long lasting color on your eyelids. The colors swipe on smoothly and vibrant:) and they have a creamy texture to the touch!! I love love this product:) here is a tip: to make the colors even more vibrant, use the e.l.f eyeshadow primer to really make the true color pop out!!! Great!! The packaging it comes in is so cute!!! Its black on the outside with little girly decals:D the palette itself is so attractive!!! Damn right i would definitly buy this palette over and over again for the rest of my life!!! Huge e.l.f fan by the way!!! This is even better then the coastol scents palette!! And its so cheap!!! Five bucks! you can never go wrong with this product!luv luv luv it!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These colors are very pigmented, however the second you put them on they seem to fall right off. I would probably not repurchase it. It is more like play makeup I would give to my little 8 year old sister to have and play with. I'm not very crazy about it. However there are 32 eyeshadows in them, and if you have the right eye primer they will stay on for most of the day. So you just need to be careful about that. But over all. This is NOT an amazing product. If your looking for pigmentation its GREAT. But other then that unless you have a very high quality amazing primer. It will do nothing for you.

on 1/14/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got the 'warm' version as a gift. I was a bit put out because I'm very cool toned. However there are still a few shadows that I can get away with. There's a taupe shade in particular that works really well for me and is fast becoming one of my favourite shadows ever. Of course, the quality is not the best but paired with a primer I think they come out pretty decent. I know I'll never use the majority of them, but the ones I am using, I enjoy a lot.

on 1/8/2012 5:57:00 PM

I have the 32 WARM palette that was sold for the holidays, NOT the one pictured. My palette has more warm/neutral colors. I got mine at Target for $3.50, so I'm not going to bother to write a long review. Just go buy the damn thing, it's excellent for the price. I have tried nearly all the colors, pigmentation is very good if you really dig in and get some on your brush. Staying power is also really good. They are not the most blendable, and a little chalky, but overall pretty darn good. Everyone should buy this IMO, if you like more expensive brands, this palette is good for trying out colors you are thinking about trying. And if you like drugstore brands, this is way better than any drugstore brand I have tried. My Target had tons on sale, so I may go back and buy a bunch to hold for swaps, but this does NOT bias my reivew, I really like this! If you can get your hands on one, you should! :)
I will try to post a pic of the colors if I can get my card reader to work, but they are mostly plums, browns, peaches and a grey or two. Some light shimmer, some matte.

on 1/4/2012 12:58:00 AM

Pigmentations are all right. They are buildable, but it takes time to do that.
If you are just looking for something fun and cheap with a wide range of colour selection, this may be for you.
But i would say the colours are not so impressive.
Some of them come out the same, some of them are not so pigmented & some of them are just loose.
I guess my palette is either just one of the failed product or this palette isn't really that good.

on 12/28/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was looking for a deep-red, burgundy e/s for xmas and probably would only use it once so i didnt want to spend too much on the shadow. I saw this palette at urbanoutfitter and the price shocked me. JUST 5 BUCKS for 32 colours and i thought if urbanoutfitter sells it, it couldnt be that bad? Also, they look promising in the pan so i didnt hesitate and bought the palette. I actually like it a lot. Though i have to admit some colours are chalky hence harder to apply but the pigmentation is good in general. Day to night looks can easily be created with just one palette! And the palette is a lot smaller than the packaging it came with. I still like it cuz its really compact and convenient with the mirror. I got 2 more from elf's website (another cool and a warm). However, the quality wasnt as good; eg the far right golden colour isnt as sharp as the one i got from UO. And some shadows got fingerprints on them before i opened it! :( And elf.com doesnt do return/ refund.

on 12/27/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wow, i have to say that these little palettes keep getting better with each set they put out.. i have a few of these babies and have recently began playing around w/ a few of them & i have to say that for the price, its wonderful!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
These 32 Piece Collection Palettes are available on the elf website, i know they normally put out two or 3 different palettes in a collection like Warm or Cool etc. They have put a few out. I have also purchased these at Target (depending on the season) and at Ross and Big Lots. I always pick up one of them if i dont have it. The price is no more than $5. i know at Ross & Big Lots they are cheaper for around $4.50 w/out shipping cost too! so check those places first if you can. This all will depend on your area/location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
I have a few of these and i must say the newest sets are great. The shadows are ALOT better than what they use to be. I have the orginial one and it was alright, but the shadows were a bit off, some where barely pigmented & a tad too hard or chalky... but i got the most recent Christmas version (in sparkly packaging) and all the shadows are soft & smooth & pigmented. Out of 32 shadows, most of the shadows are gorgeous. The consistency & formula reminds me of their studio line shadows so if you like them, then you will def like these. I love my newest one, it has a great variety of neutral earth tone colors perfect for winter & fall. I love my neutrals so the new Christmas version is amazing. The shadows apply & blend well. Def use a primer & a cream base & it will help significantly. In most of the palettes you get a variety of lighter cream colors to greens, browns, a few purples or blues and nice dark smoky colors like greys or blacks. Its the nicest variety i own in a palette since i can have complete looks, it not missing a color. There is diff finishes too in these from shimmer, metallic to mattes or satins so its great for adding texture or those who like using mattes in creases or metallic on lids, you get a variety for whatever needs or what look you want to create. If you have an older version & werent too impressed, i understand. The older version wasnt too pigmented, using the shadows wet did help a bit but who wants to do all that work sometimes? I have to say Elf is def getting better & fixed most of the problems. The shadows collections are great for beginners to play & learn with or for those like me who dont have a ton of money but want a nice palette, i barely reach for my Beauty Factory or Coastal Scents palettes which makes me mad that i spent 4x as much for the same thing. I think the shadows are def a value & whats nice too is you have tons of shadow options for so many looks! i like the brighter colors too bc if you're like me, i dont wear bright vivid colors often & def dont want to spend a ton of $ on a shadow ill wear maybe a few times so this is a great way to have them if you need em. The shadows stay put w/out fading for hours if you prime your eyes & even longer if a cream base/shadow is used. I love using my Elf Studio Cream shadows as bases & it seems these paired together is wonderful!!! I def suggests giving at least one of the new palettes a try since theyve got significantly better over the last few months!!
=PACKAGING=
The packaging is great, unlike some of the Elf products, there is no excess or bulky packaging. The 32 Piece Collection palettes come in a flat black palette w/ elf logo & a see thru window to see what colors are inside. The plastic seems sturdy enough to handle some rough moving around but as w/ most less expensive palettes, some of the shadows may come loose or fall out but thats no problem for me bc i have super glue that can fix that. so make sure to check for any loose ones before traveling w/ it. I love the slim packaging, its smaller than a Kindle & thickness is around an inch or so. I think its great size for 32 shadows. it can fit in my travel makeup case fine w/ plenty of room. Def suggests for trips since you can have so many looks w/ just one palette. Its wonderful. The packaging is simple & works.
Overall, I am loving the Elf 32 piece palettes. They are super affordable and come with so many pretty shadows. Def reach for these more than my more expensive palettes esp since if i run out, i can pick up another one, Now make sure if you see one you like & use order a backup bc they seem to be limited editions since they release different palettes every few months. I have 4 or 5 of these & love em all! i love the finishes & the shadows are great! I love Elf!

on 12/18/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese.

Amazing I have bought two $32 Chanel lipsticks over 3 days, but my current eyeshadow playbox is the $5 e.l.f. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette Limited Edition in Warm (vs other version Cool). It all started post Lasik. I usually wore a few MAC and Lancome shadows, but I figure why not pick up a ton of cheapy e.l.f. and literally bought EVERY palette or set I found over a few months regardless of colors. It's so cheap, and the plan was to later match faves to MAC for my pro palette. In one of those many sets I bought, I fell in love w/ a duo no longer sold and could not match it at different counters...I thought the closest was the Too Faced Natural Eye palette, but I actually swapped it away (oh yes I did!) in favor of this palette.

I am amazed at the color choices I like now, thanks to having jillons of choices across many e.l.f. sets... which I never would of chosen if buying individually at MAC! I probably will move on from the palette one day into higher end quads, but it seems like every few days I'm learning a new color combo and eventually I'll start playing with the Cool palette. They aren't the greatest shadows (hate the glitter ones and some of them flake), but I wear the shimmers and mattes with primer to hold them in place. I also can't get a good eyebrow color out of the pan (like MAC Brun), so this is really just for eyeshadows.

Warm palette, from Top Row & From Left:
Row2, Left6 & Left8 (the duo colors I fell in love with for crease and lid)
Row3, Left1 (pink shimmer, extra zing days over the darker colors)
Row2 or Row4, Left1 (nose contouring since low color payoff)
Row4, Left4 & Left6 (mix, makeshift eyebrow color)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

First off this is one of my everyday palettes the pigmentation is not brilliant but for the price its perfect all u need is a nice primer like the allover cover stick and you will be fine once the eye is primed the colours pop nicely

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the Everyday Basics version. Without primer, these shadows don't do all that much. With primer or/and a wet brush, they work just fine! Definitely not worth buying if you don't use primer on your lids, because this shadow will not stay. It WILL crease and it WILL NOT be very pigmented. For me, I use primer whenever I use shadow and I use these shadows just about every day. I like the color selection in the version I got. For the first time, I found a palette with colors that I would actually use all of. Kinda nice for travelling too, since you won't have to deal with bringing a bunch of little pots. Try it out!

Popular Palettes