December 23, 2014 | 1537 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - Hydrating

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for those on the go because of its portability and no-drip consistency (lotion/cream). I wear L'Oreal's Ombrelle Sunblock SPF 60 plus Relvon Colorstay Foundation for Dry/Normal Skin, Revlon Cream Blush, and Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. It takes me about 2 washes of Neutrogena Makeup Remover to feel as though I've gotten rid of all the makeup on my face. I know this product is designed for the eyes but I bought it to remove makeup off my entire face. So I don't know how it fares for those that wear mascara, eyeshadows, or eyeliner. I bought it as an alternative to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover because I had to travel and needed something that wasn't going to be liquid and make me worry if it has leaked all over my suitcase. I would say that compared to the liquid version, the lotion type is not as strong in terms of its ability to remove makeup in one go, but I'm quite satisfied that it does remove all of my makeup and like it says, it leaves my skin hydrated and not all tight or stripped of moisture.
You end up paying more for the lotion than the liquid type but when you have to travel or are looking for more of a lotion type makeup remover, then it's best to wait till it's on sale. Got mine on sale including all taxes for under $10 CDN ($9 something).
It did sting my eyes the first time but I guess my eyes got used to them. Even the first sting wasn't a burning one and no different than other face wash or makeup removers that sting the eyes at times. There is no notcieable scent that I recall and it's a white lotion/cream type consistency. It's 88ml, with a flip top tube type container and you simply squeeze out the product.
It's a definite repurchase for me once the current one finishes because compared to the liquid version I find that it's not as messy getting my makeup off and for me personally, I think I'm using less of the product than the liquid version especially since I take my makeup off in the shower. With the liquid one no matter how careful I am, there's always some that slips through my fingers and I end up wasting product. But with the lotion, even if I have to wash my face twice with it I find that I only use about the size of a 5 cent coin for the entire face each time so I end up not wasting any product. Like with all makeup removers I always follow with a facial cleanse with a cleanser geared towards washing the face to finish things off. Even in doing that my face doesn't feel tight or over stripped of moisture and I have very dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product ended up stinging my eyes. I normally use EVCO to remove my eye makeup, but I like trying new things and this looked promising. It didn't remove all of my eye makeup either. I have blonde lashes and I still had black stuff at the roots of my lashes after using this, plus my eyes and the skin around my eyes were all red and puffy. I'll stick with extra virgin coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just discovered this product a week or so when I was browsing stuff at Walgreens online. It looked a new and an interesting product, so I needed to try. It turned out that it was on sale so I went and bought it a few days later. Keep in mind, I was a contact lens wearer for about 14 years and then recently got lasik, so I am REALLY careful about what I put in/on/around my eyes. Well, so far, I'm really liking this stuff. It's hydrating, but not greasy. I don't feel like I've sucked all the moisture from my delicate eye area after I use this and it doesn't burn my eyes. It removes pretty much all of my eye makeup (one cotton round per eye, less if it's a light makeup day) including "beauty tube" mascara, eyeshadow with primer, eyebrow pencil and powder, gel liner, liquid liner and so on. A little bit of NYX Slide On and L'oreal Extra Intense might put up a little fight, but easily cleans up with a q tip. It even says you can use this to remove all of your face makeup. I tried it out with a full face of long wearing foundation, powder, etc., and it did pretty well. I used a makeup wipe after that to see how well it did, and there were only a few traces of makeup left on my face. This is a big tube of lotion, which I think will last a long time, not a little bottle of watery nothingness like other products for the same price if not more. I got it on sale to try, but would definitely say it's worth it at full price, which is around 8 dollars. The packaging is great since you can control how much you want to squeeze out, no squirting of liquid, and it just stands up right and looks nice. So far, my favorite eye makeup remover ever. I'm not giving it a full 5 lippies just because it's not often for me to consider a product "perfect". Anyway, give it a try. Drugstores have good return policies. Buy it, keep the receipt, try it, and return it if you don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Chanthavongsy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I was previously using the liquid oil-free eye make up remover from Neutrogena, but one day they were out of it at the store, and I tried this. It lasts so much longer, because it does not take very much at all to get off even the most stubborn eye make up. It doesn't sting my eyes, or leave any oily residue at all. You're left with just comfortable, clean eyes. Plus it takes everything off with way less rubbing so fewer worries about damaging my skin :) By far the best working and best value. Save your money and time and pick this one up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyemake up remover I've ever used! I love it. It takes off all waterproof mascara easliy. I love this product because you don't have to scrub and your not left behind with that oily residue most removers leave behind your eyes just feel clean. I was very skeptical to try a lotion on my eye as a makeup remover, but I'm very glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this makeup remover. I had previously been using MAC Cleanse Off Oil to remove my longwear makeup (ELDW and MUFE F&B) but learned that the lavendar and bitter orange fragrance oils that made it smell so good were skin irritants. While I did not feel any irritation I was concerned about the potential damage to my skin so I switched to makeup wipes. However, I didn't like having to use a separate eye makeup remover since they were not successful at removing waterpoof eyemakeup (which also made me question how well they were removing my face makeup). The eye makeup remover I was using made my eyes stings so I researched this one. In Paula B's review of it she mentioned that it could also be used to remove waterproof face makeup, so I thought I'd give it a try. I massage it on like an oil based remover, but this glides over my skin with greater ease with it's gel like texture. I either rinse or tissue it off (or use a baby wipe). All my makeup including eye makeup is off in a jiffy. I'm hoping it will save me on having to buy makeup remover wipes every month. It costs the same as the wipes but I expect it will last me twice as long. I highly recommend. EDIT: I don't think this removes my mu as good as my MAC Cleanse Off Oil so I'll be returning to it when I finish this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

First of all Im a huge fan of Vichy's products because they are of excellent quality and it's one of the only skincare line's that work and you can see results. I have been using this water for about 5yrs, after I wash my face at night I spray this "miracle" water all over my neck and face. Its very soothing, moisurizing, leaves my skin smooth and satiny, my skin feels hydrated and soft, this is the one product that I cannot live without. There are so many benefits from this naturally mineral infused water, another excellent product from Vichy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by equus18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great packaging (flip-top squeeze tube). Generous amount of product for an affordable price (3fl.oz @ $7.00). It has a nice feel to it--not too thin, not too thick. It removes waterproof mascara and eyeliners like UD 24/7 and MAC Powerpoint pencils. It leaves your skin clean and smooth not oily. I will buy this again! Easily accesible at drug stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by eden822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, it's definitely an HG for me. It takes off waterproof mascara and all of my eye makeup like a charm without irritating my skin or eyes, and it's hydrating without being oily. My only qualm is that it is on the expensive side and the container is small so it doesn't last very long. I recently found it on clearance at Target and I'm afraid that it will be discontinued as most things are once I discover that they are HG material, so I bought all 3 that were on the clearance shelf. lol. I hope I still see this product around for a long time though. It's the best I've found in a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I love this product. I have always used waterproof mascara and I have no problems removing it. It does not burn and I do not have to do any over excessive scrubbing, and it is soothing to my eyes. This is finally a Neutrogena product that is like. I use to this remove false eyelashes and the glue with no problems or my eyes hurting after wards.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No