March 1, 2015 | 1249 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Nourishing Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rebeccapang

beauty in a tube! I love this, gunna try the Japanese shiseido majolica next !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have stick straight lashes or have trouble holding a curl all day (even with waterproof mascara) you need to get this. This lengthens, volumizes, and preps the lashes for all day wear. this does not provide a false eye lash effect but for me it gives me a natural better than my regular eyelashes look. an important tip: put on the mascara while the the nourishing base is still wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product even with the killer price tag. Prevents smudging of mascara and maintains a beautiful curl all day and all night. Would repurchase over and over!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This product has a different formula from most of the other lash primers out there. It is a clear gel instead of a white cream. It gives great added length and volume, plus excellent lash separation. Very smooth and clump-free application also. I was impressed with the overall effect and I can see why this gets so many positive reviews.
But it was nearly impossible to wash off! An unpleasant surprise. Even after double-cleansing I could still feel the product residue on my lashes. Maybe this isn't a problem for those who regularly use strong eye makeup remover, but I don't. Wouldn't repurchase this unfortunately.
I have tried lash primers by Clinique, Tarte, Dior, Hard Candy, Lancome, Origins, and now Shiseido. I think that Lancome makes the best one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

I LOOOVE IT! Keeps my straight asian eyelashes curled, that's all I ever wanted! I've tried cliniques eyelash primer before this but it wasn't as good as shiseido's.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love. I have thick lashes that are decently long, but they are SO STUBBORN and hate holding a curl. I hated the Dior mascara base because as soon as I would apply it, my lashes would uncurl, this Shiseido base doesn't do that. It's a rather dry formula, which is probably why it works so well. It's one of the only products that actually holds my curl up and for that, I give it a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by icloverbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I just want to declare that this product is my HG!

I have stubborn straight lashes that point downward. All mascaras (except for WP ones) drag down the curls. I don't like wearing WP mascaras because they are difficult to remove and many tend to flake.

With this base, I can definitely wear any mascara I like. It will help hold up the curls so easily and nicely. Also my lashes stay soft after mascara application.

I only apply one coat. It dries fairly quickly. It doesn't clump my lashes and doesn't appear white at all (unlike MAC prep+prime lashes). It does lengthen my lashes. But I count on my mascara for length and volume.

tl;dr

For those who have "downcast" stubborn lashes that refuse to stay curled, this base will help eliminate that problem. Very HG-material if you're concerned with curling.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Initially I really preferred the old mascara base but after reading the reviews and following the suggestion to not let it dry before applying a coat of mascara I have had much better results. What I really like is that I can have good results with, apparently, any mascara. I haven't bought a mascara in probably 4 years, but have gotten a lot of freebies - different brands - fgwp etc and this has made them all work. Best of all, I think because I just tried this today, I put it on over my mascara rather than under. Just an experiment because I have eyes that water a lot no matter what and I would always wind up the day with at least one "raccoon eye". I put this on over my mascara at 9:00 this morning, now over 11 hours later with eyes watery as usual, there is not a hint of smearing under either eye and my eyelashes are still fairly curled. I'll try this in public tomorrow and if the results are the same I'm sold forever. The only con I have found with this product is that it doesn't hold my brows in place and the old one did. I'll just have to find something else to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG product, cant live without, especially if you have the lashes that tend to point down. Hold the curl all day, I dont have to use it with any other mascara, it work by it own. The price is not too expensive for this amazing products. This is the first product I own from shiseido and diffidently not the last. I repurchase it, again and again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It holds my curl really well with most mascaras and it helps add volume too. I don't think it adds much length though, but I mostly bought it for the curl holding. I also like that it's more of a clear color than white. The packaging says that you can wear it alone for a glossy look but it looks kind of weird.. It is a bit harder to remove than just normal mascara, but still much easier than waterproof mascara. I'll definitely buy this again.