August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Moisturizers - Sukin - Facial Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank-you to MUA for helping me to discover this gem. Finally, a cruelty-free moisturizer that gives my skin lasting moisture. If I miss a day moisturizing with this, my face does not get dry. And my skin no longer feels tight after washing. This, in my mind, is how you tell if a moisturizer is really working to improve your skin. And such great value for the money!

I love the pump- it also comes in a squeeze bottle, which I normally prefer, but it felt like the bottle would be awkward to squeeze so I opted for the pump instead. However, I might buy the squeeze bottles as "refills"- much less waste that way, in the long run!

A little really goes a long way with this product, I wouldn't say "pea-sized" like others have but pretty darn close! Maybe a dime-sized dollop for face and neck...? So it will last a long time. Also love the scent! I find this wears well both day and night, under makeup and alone, sinks in well and doesn't get greasy. Just be sure you're getting your SPF with another daytime product and you're fine!

I wish this was more widely available in my area- I had to go to Planet Organic which is kind of out of the way- but it's worth it. Will rebuy. If you can find this in your town, pick it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

UPDATE: Everything from this line has broken me. The moisturizer, cleanser and toner. After 3 days of use all together and 3 days of use using the products individually alongside good ol reliables I got a terrible blackhead breakout all over my face. Will not repurchase.

I was looking for a natural moisturizer because I hate thinking of all the crap that seeps into your bloodstream from the chemicals in non natural formulas- and this fits the bill nicely. I bought this after seeing crazy good reviews on MUA and its sold at my local health food/ drugstore. I believe this was around $10- I bought it a few months ago so I don't remember entirely. For that price it comes with over 4 ounces of product which is an amazing value. You will have to be careful when pumping out the product because a full pump is going to be about double what you actually need for your face and neck. Anyways, its an in between consistency- not really thick and not really thin and it does sink in to that skin nicely. It does seem to feel a little masky for a seconds before it sinks in (something I have found with all natural moisturizers I have used, not sure why) but it does go away quickly. It leaves your skin feeling moisturized without leaving behind any kind of tangible residue so it is great under makeup. I have dry skin and I use this as my day moisturizer and can imagine it being really nice for normal/combination skin but I feel it might be a bit much for oily skin. I'm not sure I would recommend this for really sensitive skin because it does have a smell but the smell is NOT an added fragrance, its just the smell of the plant properties or whatever else is in there but it is strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Sukin product I bought and I am quite impressed. The smell is amazing!
The pump bottle gets a little annoying I must say as I always end up pumping out too much. When you are travelling and you have to close the pump, you have to press down and turn, which pumps out alot of product :(
It is a really light moisturizer. I used to use this at night too, but stopped and switched to Sukin's night cream as this cream does dry out quite quickly.
Not suitable for winter.... :(

----------------------------
----------------------------
This stuff broke me out like a mofo. Made my skin really oily. I used it for about 6 months, never going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jaedan

This product is amazing and definitely worth trying (for $10AUD)!

1. the packaging (its a pump bottle) makes it easy to use and hygienic. If I had to be EXTREMELY picky the only thing I don't like about the pump would be that I may end up using more product then I need (I'm a bit pump-happy).

2. I use this as both a day AND night moisturiser. During the day, it hydrates my skin without feeling greasy, it's light and softly scented. I find that I can use this over my foundation when I get a dry patch on my chin. For my night-time skincare routine, I use this with my Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. I definitely started to notice a difference in the morning after the first night of use. My skin definitely looks clearer, hydrated and with the rosehip oil I woke up without redness on my face.

This is definitely a Holy Grail item for me!!!

**I have dry skin with dry patches on my upper lip and chin. My eyelid have also been feeling and looking tight (dry). I usually get redness on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The consistency of this is perfect for my oily/acne prone skin.its light and absorbs very quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by noodles12345

I absolutely love this product! Mostly natural ingredients, lasts all day, and is perfect for many different types of skin. No animal products/testing coupled with a great price is amazing!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by wasaaabi

While Sukin's normal moisturiser is pretty good & cheap for a natural / organic brand, the normal moisturiser may not be suited for some more sensitive/dry skin (even though I consider my skin combination). It often stung my skin and left it red after some applications (especially in cold weather).

It also doesn't seem as moisturising as the Sensitive range moisturiser which has not caused any burning & smells even better! So even if you have oily/normal skin I would probably recommend the Sensitive range moisturiser (same price at ~AUD$10) to risk having any burning/skin irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ila88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of the best moisturizers I've tried so far. My face is combination and acne-prone and this moisturizer doesn't break me out. Love it! The consistency is quite light and non-greasy. It may suits someone with normal and combination skin but not dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an AMAZING moisturizer. I cannot believe I didn't know about it! I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, tendency to breakout, and some dry patches on the cheeks (i also live in Canada, so the dryness is worse during winter months) I use Laventine Olive forte morning and night to wash my face. Onto the review: the smell is kinda weird but pleasant, i love the pump, and the texture of the lotion is very light, more like a fluid, but its power is great. Not only did my dry patches disappeared after three uses, but my t-zone also disappeared: my skin is smooth and even, my makeup holds much better and it did not cause any breakouts! It's a WINNER....And for 10$ at canadavitaminshop, it's a steal........Go try it, you won't be disappointed!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by organicjunkiee

This is one of the best moisturiser I have tried....I use it as a night cream coz its quiet thick in consistency and when I wake up next morning ma skin glows...and it is real cheap compared to other natural/ organic face creams... It comes in a functional bottle with a pump which is hygienic and convenient to use