April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually considered buying a second spare one because it was just so good. I used a normal foundation brush before but I'm never coming back to that again because this brush is just amazing. It feels just like the MAC stippling brush and it works so wonderful and makes you look so flawless. (And it's SO cheap!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

love this brush! I apply my revlon colorstay foundation with this. I stipple it all over my face then use the studio kabuki face brush to blend it in - soo perfect! And they're both so cheap (this one was only $3)! Even if you already have a stipple brush you like, this is so cheap you should just get it to have as a backup!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cassblack

Great brush for me! I've used everything to apply my foundation (Revlon Colorstay): sponges, foundation brushes of all kinds, beauty blenders, fingers, EVERYTHING and this stipple brush works the best out of all of them! I dab the foundation on 5 places on my face and stipple the foundation with the brush to cover larger areas of my face, then blend it in circles with the same brush! I also apply the ELF Studio HD blush and blend it with this puppy! It's the perfect brush for that "airbrushed" quality, because it gives a softer look than most flat bristled brushes. It doesn't soak up too much product and it's incredibly soft! For 1.50, don't pass it up! I'd stock up now! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Works perfectly to apply my BB cream foundation - perfect coverage without putting it on too thick. Just made me look fresh and dewy. I really love the ELF brushes. Amazing quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is practically the only brush I use for my blush application. I am very heavy-handed with blush, so I needed something that would diffuse the application and not make me look like a clown.

I've used this with both cream and powder products and the result is always wonderful. I have about 4 of these and I always stock up when they're on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

I love this brush. I bought it two weeks ago and have been using it religiously ever since. Like lots of elf's studio products, this retails for 3 bucks so this is really cheap. I find that this brush works perfectly for applying finishing powders/setting powders/blushes because it doesn't pick up much product. This is good for those with heavy hands because it's practically impossible to cake on the makeup, atleast i personally think so. This brush offers a sheer natural coverage so to those of you that would like more coverage, i'd probably opt for the powder brush of the same line. I haven't found my brush to shed at all, and i've already washed it four times. Also unlike some reviews, i don't think it's flimsy, and actually, i find that i like the way the brush isn't dense (which might be the reason some call it flimsy), because that way, it's harder to pack on makeup, which is a pro for people who tend to overdo their makeup and want to look less powdery/unnatural. This is a must for my makeup bag! i take it with me everyday and will continue to purchase for years on!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I love using this for my cream blush or powder blush! My only slight complaint is I wish it was more dense. But its only $3! So I can't argue with that one! I really love Elf's brushes! Cheap, great quality, and very good use out of them. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

sheds like crazy after 2 months of frequent use... Leaving my face completely streaky and full of hairs as if a fuzzy cat just sat on my face after a wet foundation application. Will NEVER repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Not the best stippling brush out there but for the price, it does its job nicely. I use it to apply liquid foundation and I found that it gives a more natural finish compared to regular foundation brushes. I don't think it will give good results with powder products though, I never tried but I guess it is more suitable for liquid products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I'm wanting a very sheer, whisper light application of a heavily pigmented product, this suits me well. Very nice for picking up and applying very sheer layers of pigmented blush or bronzer, and you can work the colour up subtly. Though I do find I prefer a fan brush for cheeks, as it gives similar coverage, but it tends to give a better shape to the area, and better control. This brush isn't much for blending, you'll need to use something else to really blend out products, as the fine, long white fibres are just a bit too long to be able to blend on their own, and the denser black bristles underneath aren't really able to blend properly because of the length of the longer fibres.

One thing I do find this useful for is for applying my EL Double Wear foundation, as I've found it gives a more natural, airbrushed effect than a denser stippling brush or foundation brush, as it's a very heavy coverage foundation, and the very fine bristles allow for sheerer application. The brush does tend to soak up liquid products, so a spritz with water before dabbing into the foundation is a must, I find it helps it glide along a little easier too. I tend to work section by section, stipple, then smooth the foundation over with the fine bristles, and give a gentle buff to finish. I also find the Double Wear is a little heavy on bristles, and will dry hard if I forget to wash a brush straight away, so I prefer to use a cheaper brush so as not to accidentally damage them.

As with a lot of the e.l.f. products, they price is nice, the quality reasonable (especially given the price), but it's not a super star or anything. A good little stand by, it's not going to hurt to have it, or break the bank. You might find some suitable applications for it, you may not, depending on the uses you require it for.