The Body Shop Liquid Liner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearic Acid, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose, Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, PVP, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favourite liquid eyeliner. When I was younger, and learning how to use liquid eyeliner, this was the one I started with. To this day, it's still my first choice. I find it easy to apply, and it dries as a very rich black - exactly how I like my liquid eyeliner to be. : )

on 6/12/2010 2:52:00 AM

the first liquid liner i've tried, a bit on the pricey end of not-HE brands but it does the job. the brush applies really precisely so it's good for flicks, fine lines and bottom eyeliner, and it dries well and lasts long (lasted for a whole night of dancing in a hot room!) and doesn't fade. does take a bit of practice for a noob to use but when you get the hang of it it works really well.

i've had mine for more than half a year now and it's not even dried up and it's still good as ever. it doesn't seem to sting my eyes either.

overall, i love it.

on 5/16/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first liquid eyeliner I tried so far, so I can't compare it to others except those pencil liners, but I have to say this one is pretty good!

As for eyeliner, I never like to use black as I always feel that black eyeliner makes the eyes more dramatic and heavy, so I got the dark brown on the Mother's Day sale (50% off regular price!) and tried it today just to see the end result. It turns out pretty good - it's easy to apply and didn't smudge.

===
edit: I've been using this eyeliner & BB's gel eyeliner as well. I use this to do inner lining, but it didn't last long enough and did sting my eye a little (I have sensitive eyes). I've gone out for 5~6 hours and didn't do lower lash lines, but after I gone home it looks like I also did the lower lash lines slightly. However if you want to do an invisible eyeline (apply only between your lashes), this is perfect for the job as the tip is very thin and easy to control.

Overall, this is still a good and easy to use eyeliner, but I won't recommend to those looking for a eyeliner won't smudge. I'll probably repurchase when it's on sale again.

on 4/30/2010 12:52:00 AM

This eyeliner stings my eyes every single time I apply it! I don't know how to get rid of the stinging sensation, but luckily it goes away after a while. The brush is extremely stiff and I find it difficult to work with cause I'm more used to bendy brushes. The eyeliner smudges a little too, so I don't really use this unless my other eyeliners run out. I got this in black, which I feel is a little harsh for day makeup. Would very much prefer a dark brown shade. For its price, I expected something better. Won't repurchase because the stinging sensation is quite a big no-no.

on 3/23/2010 8:30:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! The brush is sturdy and the color is perfect! It doesn't flake or fade throughout an entire day. I love it! I must buy mooooore :)

the best liquid eyeliner i have ever used .i tried so many brands
each one of them was a waste of money this one dries on my
eyes very quikly without smudging the applicator is very good for those who is not very
clever on drawing eyeliner.also very good for sensitive skin

on 2/12/2010 1:42:00 AM

Love this product. I have a deft hand and every liquid eye liner I have tried I haven't been able to apply it properly and it has been a waste of money.

My friend recommended this eye liner to me, and it is by far the easiest liquid eye liner I have ever used. It is easy to reply so even I can make it wearable. The tip ensures that the eye liner goes where you place it, and it doesn't run and stays where you place it. Great formula that stays on all day.

In terms of price, I think it is relatively cheap in comparison to other brands and eyeliner, almost the same as drug store brands. I can't say how long it will work for, but it is great.

EDIT// I bumped this down to three lippies as I find if I wear it for an extended period of time, it runs into my eyes and makes them sting something chronic. I have uni some days 8am-6pm, and I have to avoid wearing this because I can't handle having it on my eyes for that long. Sad because I love how it looks so much, but I can't wear it for that long.

on 2/5/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was my very first liquid eyeliner. I love the felt tip application, which makes life so much easier for me! My only issue with this is that it doesn't stay true black for long; it kind of fades into a grey after a while. Then again, this could be because I have had mine for a few years now :/.

on 2/3/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Although this eyeliner is easy to apply and didn't irritate my eyes it does smudge when you rub it, and for that reason i'm not going to repurchase. For those who don't touch their eyes i guess it would be fine. It was expensive(relatively) when i bought it but since it lasted so long so it offset the price for me.

If your eyeliner starts to dry up, i recommend soaking it in a cup of hot water for about ten minutes and it works fine after that.

Also, on the tube it says that its good for 6 months. I've had mine for more than a year now but since it hasn't started to smell bad i've continued using it just on the top of my lids and it seems to be fine.

When i use it i make sure i never touch my eyes.

on 1/21/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this eyeliner. Initially, i wasn't very fond of it because it stung my eyes every time. But that is the only con. It has a great applicator, lasts quite long, and i like the color as well.

i would definitely repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products