rms beauty Living Luminizer

3.9

*Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, *Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, and may contain [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI77891, Mica CI 77019] * CERTIFIED ORGANIC

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is one of those products I really, really wanted to like, but it just didn't do it for my skin. It's beautifully packaged (though be warned that the white coating on the lid will start chipping and coming off on everything in your makeup bag...it might be best left at home and not carried around), and the RMS line is very natural and quite lovely to look at (I'm a big fan of their Un-Cover Up concealer). But on me, it just didn't look right--it went on kind of glittery and greasy-looking (I have to disagree with those that say it doesn't look glittery or shimmery), and then within a pretty short time faded into nothing. I feel terrible giving it such a low rating because I know lots of folks adore it and I would really like to support brands who are doing the natural/organic/cruelty-free thing in a high-end, classy way, but this product just wasn't right for me.

on 8/14/2012 2:36:00 PM

I think this product will work great for anyone who has a deep understanding of contouring and highlighting. For anyone else, this product will be a waste of money. Myself, rather a make up geek, using foundation, powder, mascara and eyeliner and do not have the ability to go into the eyeshadow area (I simply don't know how to apply, where to put what colour etc) smudge this stuff on my cheekbones, which looks kind of nice but I'm sure that's not the full purpose (and full potential) of this product. The jar can get a bit messy if you put your foundation fingers into it so I advice to wash your fingers before putting it in the jar as mine is a bit gross now. Hence the 1 for packaging, I would have liked it in a squeeze tube or something. Anyways, I wish someone would give me an extreme make up tutorial because I know there are products like this one who are simply amazing if used correctly.

on 8/2/2012 1:46:00 AM

Love, love, love this highlighter. It's not glittery, it's just gives a beautiful natural dewy look without being sticky or greasy. It's a bit more expensive that some other highlighter's out there, but as long as it doesn't dry out, I think it'll last a long time. Very easy to apply and still have it look good, and I like that it's an organic product. I would definitely repurchase this again, I haven't used any of my various illuminators, powder or liquid now that I have this one.

on 4/9/2012 2:53:00 PM

I've been using this highlighter for a few months now after I heard about it on the IntotheGloss blog. It's truly wonderful. It's not shimmery or glittery, gives you the perfect dewy glow. I use it with my Nars tinted moisturizer and it's the perfect combination. I dab a little on the cupid's bow, inner corners of my eyes, brow bones and upper cheek bones. Love this stuff!

on 3/20/2012 2:36:00 AM

I love this highlighter. It's all natural but performs beautifully. There's no glimmer or glitter just luminous skin.

on 3/4/2012 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I wanted a highlighter that was very natural looking, without shimmer or glitter. This is great. It looks like nothing when I swatch it on my hand, but when applied on my cheekbones, chin, bridge of my nose and cupids bow it creates a wonderful luminous glow. My skin looks fresh and it catches the light beautifully. Applied over a primer it lasts all day and it looks so natural, like my skin but better. It's expensive but I think it will last a long time. And it's actually good for your skin. I'm dying to try other RMS products now.

on 2/21/2012 8:16:00 PM

My new HG highlighter. It doesn't even look like makeup, it just catches the light! I don't have to blend it, I just pat it on where I want it and voila! It is very moisturizing, and probably wouldn't be much appreciated by anyone with very oily skin or those looking for a whole lot of sparkle, but it does what it says. It's a very subtle highlighter that doesn't appear as anything but healthy, luminous skin. I love it. I would love it more if it were in the form of a stick or even a compact with a mirror. These little jars are such a pain! And I worry that if I don't get the lid on tight the product will dry out. But so far so good! The effect is worth the trouble.

I'd repurchase if I ever ran out of this. I own several products from RMS beauty and I really like most of them. This is one of my everyday essentials. I wear Jane Iredale pressed base, RMS concealer under the eyes (not quite a perfect colour, but a nice texture), and a little of this in the corner of the eyes to brighten them up. I just ran a little of this on the back of my hand to check the colour and it really does look like light catching the skin. It doesn't run too silver or gold, and is great for my NW15 skin.

on 1/4/2012 4:57:00 PM

I'll start off by saying that I wouldn't buy this product again because I've barely made a dent in one jar, and have a second already in my stash, so I doubt I'll need another in the next 5 years! I think that if you're into a very natural dewy healthy look, you'll love this product. It gives a dewy glow, but it's not obvious (definitely not luminizing through full-on glitter!). I never had anyone (including those close around me) comment on it one way or another, so I don't know how obvious it is when I wear it. It does make your cheeks (or wherever you put it) a little sticky, but as it's a luminizer, it's the last product that goes on, so be prepared! I was initially really surprised at what a small jar it is, but like the other RMS products (save for the coconut cleaner/moisturizer) it's very concentrated and will last a long time. I think that yes, it's expensive (like other RMS products) but you're paying for a high quality product that is raw and organic. While it's sort of an unnecessary extra, I'm glad it's part of my makeup collection. :)

on 11/22/2011 4:26:00 PM

This has become my all-time favorite highlighter. I don't like to look glittery, and I don't want any highlighting I do to be obvious, so this product is perfect. It gives my fair skin a glow that looks natural - it just looks like I'm healthy and completely not-sleep-deprived. I also use it on my lids/inner corner of my eye when I need to look more awake. Apparently you can layer it over lip stain/lipstick to make lips look fuller or soften the color of the lip product - I'll be trying that out soon.
The texture is smooth and a bit creamy, and the product is easy to apply with fingers or a combo of finger/stippling or blending brush.
The only negative: the container was incredibly difficult to open. I understand that, to keep the product fresh, it should be closed tightly, but I needed a few minutes and a rubber band to twist the metal cap off the glass pot. Otherwise I love that RMS thinks of eventual disposal when packaging their products; every part of the packaging is recyclable, or reusable.