December 22, 2014 | 1567 users online

Highlighters - rms beauty - Living Luminizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by JS79

Love, love, love this highlighter. It's not glittery, it's just gives a beautiful natural dewy look without being sticky or greasy. It's a bit more expensive that some other highlighter's out there, but as long as it doesn't dry out, I think it'll last a long time. Very easy to apply and still have it look good, and I like that it's an organic product. I would definitely repurchase this again, I haven't used any of my various illuminators, powder or liquid now that I have this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by akhurdajian

I've been using this highlighter for a few months now after I heard about it on the IntotheGloss blog. It's truly wonderful. It's not shimmery or glittery, gives you the perfect dewy glow. I use it with my Nars tinted moisturizer and it's the perfect combination. I dab a little on the cupid's bow, inner corners of my eyes, brow bones and upper cheek bones. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Nada12

I love this highlighter. It's all natural but performs beautifully. There's no glimmer or glitter just luminous skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I wanted a highlighter that was very natural looking, without shimmer or glitter. This is great. It looks like nothing when I swatch it on my hand, but when applied on my cheekbones, chin, bridge of my nose and cupids bow it creates a wonderful luminous glow. My skin looks fresh and it catches the light beautifully. Applied over a primer it lasts all day and it looks so natural, like my skin but better. It's expensive but I think it will last a long time. And it's actually good for your skin. I'm dying to try other RMS products now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lemurian

My new HG highlighter. It doesn't even look like makeup, it just catches the light! I don't have to blend it, I just pat it on where I want it and voila! It is very moisturizing, and probably wouldn't be much appreciated by anyone with very oily skin or those looking for a whole lot of sparkle, but it does what it says. It's a very subtle highlighter that doesn't appear as anything but healthy, luminous skin. I love it. I would love it more if it were in the form of a stick or even a compact with a mirror. These little jars are such a pain! And I worry that if I don't get the lid on tight the product will dry out. But so far so good! The effect is worth the trouble.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd repurchase if I ever ran out of this. I own several products from RMS beauty and I really like most of them. This is one of my everyday essentials. I wear Jane Iredale pressed base, RMS concealer under the eyes (not quite a perfect colour, but a nice texture), and a little of this in the corner of the eyes to brighten them up. I just ran a little of this on the back of my hand to check the colour and it really does look like light catching the skin. It doesn't run too silver or gold, and is great for my NW15 skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying that I wouldn't buy this product again because I've barely made a dent in one jar, and have a second already in my stash, so I doubt I'll need another in the next 5 years! I think that if you're into a very natural dewy healthy look, you'll love this product. It gives a dewy glow, but it's not obvious (definitely not luminizing through full-on glitter!). I never had anyone (including those close around me) comment on it one way or another, so I don't know how obvious it is when I wear it. It does make your cheeks (or wherever you put it) a little sticky, but as it's a luminizer, it's the last product that goes on, so be prepared! I was initially really surprised at what a small jar it is, but like the other RMS products (save for the coconut cleaner/moisturizer) it's very concentrated and will last a long time. I think that yes, it's expensive (like other RMS products) but you're paying for a high quality product that is raw and organic. While it's sort of an unnecessary extra, I'm glad it's part of my makeup collection. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nerdyvegan

This has become my all-time favorite highlighter. I don't like to look glittery, and I don't want any highlighting I do to be obvious, so this product is perfect. It gives my fair skin a glow that looks natural - it just looks like I'm healthy and completely not-sleep-deprived. I also use it on my lids/inner corner of my eye when I need to look more awake. Apparently you can layer it over lip stain/lipstick to make lips look fuller or soften the color of the lip product - I'll be trying that out soon.
The texture is smooth and a bit creamy, and the product is easy to apply with fingers or a combo of finger/stippling or blending brush.
The only negative: the container was incredibly difficult to open. I understand that, to keep the product fresh, it should be closed tightly, but I needed a few minutes and a rubber band to twist the metal cap off the glass pot. Otherwise I love that RMS thinks of eventual disposal when packaging their products; every part of the packaging is recyclable, or reusable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by skyeblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm SO glad I got a sample of this product before purchasing! After hearing all the hype I was sure I was going to love it, but it isn't something I'd buy. It's more of a skincare product than makeup in it's texture - very emollient, so much so that it will easily rub off the skin, even if applied on top of powder. It's incredibly subtle and difficult to build because of its creamy texture, and subtle is hard to achieve on my super fair skin! I like that it's natural and non-toxic, but overall, it doesn't add anything to my makeup routine and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they have (1) skin with a bit of color (not much contrast on super fair skin) and (2) pretty dry skin in need of radiance. If your skin is a bit oily, or you live in a humid environment, this just tends to slip off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cheburashka21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why some reviewers are underwhelmed. It's very subtle. Once I blend it into my skin, I can barely see it - but somehow I seem a tad more glowy...? The main reason I like it is that it's very moisturizing, which is why some people would probably hate it. I have very dry skin, so if I put most highlighters over the dry skin/flakes/whatever, then I end up with kind of a cakey mess. I'd need to mix some kind of moisturizing balm with a normal highlighter anyway, and this one is basically the texture I was ending up with. So half the "glow" might just be the fact that my skin's moisturized, but I'm okay with that. Let's see, what else? Classy packaging. Little frosted glass pot, I like that. Yes, it's expensive, but I don't think I'll ever run out. The little pearly bits aren't very large. (That's really vague, I know... What I mean is, you can't see any glitter on your skin.) Finally, I've completely bought into the whole all-natural thing, so I like that it has a short ingredient list. So, to summarize: If you are a but of a crunchy-granola hippie type like me, and you want something natural that comes in a nice jar, *and* if you are okay with your highlighter being a tad greasy and very subtle, then maybe this is for you. Personally, I love it, but not everyone will.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No