October 1, 2014 | 1740 users online

Highlighters - rms beauty - Living Luminizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd repurchase if I ever ran out of this. I own several products from RMS beauty and I really like most of them. This is one of my everyday essentials. I wear Jane Iredale pressed base, RMS concealer under the eyes (not quite a perfect colour, but a nice texture), and a little of this in the corner of the eyes to brighten them up. I just ran a little of this on the back of my hand to check the colour and it really does look like light catching the skin. It doesn't run too silver or gold, and is great for my NW15 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying that I wouldn't buy this product again because I've barely made a dent in one jar, and have a second already in my stash, so I doubt I'll need another in the next 5 years! I think that if you're into a very natural dewy healthy look, you'll love this product. It gives a dewy glow, but it's not obvious (definitely not luminizing through full-on glitter!). I never had anyone (including those close around me) comment on it one way or another, so I don't know how obvious it is when I wear it. It does make your cheeks (or wherever you put it) a little sticky, but as it's a luminizer, it's the last product that goes on, so be prepared! I was initially really surprised at what a small jar it is, but like the other RMS products (save for the coconut cleaner/moisturizer) it's very concentrated and will last a long time. I think that yes, it's expensive (like other RMS products) but you're paying for a high quality product that is raw and organic. While it's sort of an unnecessary extra, I'm glad it's part of my makeup collection. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nerdyvegan

This has become my all-time favorite highlighter. I don't like to look glittery, and I don't want any highlighting I do to be obvious, so this product is perfect. It gives my fair skin a glow that looks natural - it just looks like I'm healthy and completely not-sleep-deprived. I also use it on my lids/inner corner of my eye when I need to look more awake. Apparently you can layer it over lip stain/lipstick to make lips look fuller or soften the color of the lip product - I'll be trying that out soon.
The texture is smooth and a bit creamy, and the product is easy to apply with fingers or a combo of finger/stippling or blending brush.
The only negative: the container was incredibly difficult to open. I understand that, to keep the product fresh, it should be closed tightly, but I needed a few minutes and a rubber band to twist the metal cap off the glass pot. Otherwise I love that RMS thinks of eventual disposal when packaging their products; every part of the packaging is recyclable, or reusable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by skyeblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm SO glad I got a sample of this product before purchasing! After hearing all the hype I was sure I was going to love it, but it isn't something I'd buy. It's more of a skincare product than makeup in it's texture - very emollient, so much so that it will easily rub off the skin, even if applied on top of powder. It's incredibly subtle and difficult to build because of its creamy texture, and subtle is hard to achieve on my super fair skin! I like that it's natural and non-toxic, but overall, it doesn't add anything to my makeup routine and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they have (1) skin with a bit of color (not much contrast on super fair skin) and (2) pretty dry skin in need of radiance. If your skin is a bit oily, or you live in a humid environment, this just tends to slip off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cheburashka21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can see why some reviewers are underwhelmed. It's very subtle. Once I blend it into my skin, I can barely see it - but somehow I seem a tad more glowy...? The main reason I like it is that it's very moisturizing, which is why some people would probably hate it. I have very dry skin, so if I put most highlighters over the dry skin/flakes/whatever, then I end up with kind of a cakey mess. I'd need to mix some kind of moisturizing balm with a normal highlighter anyway, and this one is basically the texture I was ending up with. So half the "glow" might just be the fact that my skin's moisturized, but I'm okay with that. Let's see, what else? Classy packaging. Little frosted glass pot, I like that. Yes, it's expensive, but I don't think I'll ever run out. The little pearly bits aren't very large. (That's really vague, I know... What I mean is, you can't see any glitter on your skin.) Finally, I've completely bought into the whole all-natural thing, so I like that it has a short ingredient list. So, to summarize: If you are a but of a crunchy-granola hippie type like me, and you want something natural that comes in a nice jar, *and* if you are okay with your highlighter being a tad greasy and very subtle, then maybe this is for you. Personally, I love it, but not everyone will.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Did not work for me. I am a N30/C4 Asian and used this as a highlighter on my cheeks and a touch on the bridge of my nose. At first, the pearly golden color and luminescence was flattering, but then within an hour, just became really shiny and oily. The RMS line is cocoa butter / shea butter based, so with my combination skin, it got greasy. Not the look I wanted. Beautiful packaging, though, easy to carry, and the natural seeming ingredients are a plus, I guess? Anyway, I fell for the RMS hype since it got a ton of press and alas, not worth it. I regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Veropie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this product. It is truly unique and the best luminizing/brightening/highlighting product out there! It truly gives you a glow rather than just leaving you sparkly/glittery. It catches the light perfectly and can easily be used with or without other makeup. Personally, I love all of the RMS Beauty products because of the way they seamlessly blend into the skin and truly give you that no makeup look; I imagine this has a lot to do with the fact that they are basically skincare with pigment. The luminizer really gives you that glowing, lit from within look that everyone is looking for. I usually apply some on my cheek bones, brow bones, around the eyes (inner corner especially), and down the bridge of my nose. It seems pricey (as do all of the RMS products) until you realize that they are so concentrated and effective that they will last an eternity. The packaging is so classy and beautiful and my only complaint is that the tops do get scratched up and start to peel if they bang into anything else (which is inevitable in my makeup bag). Truly a wonderful product that everyone should try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lgans1

AMAZING!! My favorite product in the RMS line. The best luminizer I've ever tried. No sparkles at all, just a beautiful subtle glow - like you're glowing from within! None of RMS products last that long unfortunately, but I feel like this is the price you pay for a more natural product. I've never used a luminizer/highlighter that lasted very long anyways. Truly one of my favorite makeup products of all time. A great thing to mix with or use alone on nose, cheek bones, brow bones, inner eye corners, etc. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* RMS -- One of the few high-end department store worthy organic cosmetic lines from makeup artist, Rosemary Swift. All the products are the same packaging and size.
* PURPOSE -- to add a subtle glow to your face with the use of natural all organic makeup
* OPINION -- Pearly to the touch and is barely noticeable once blended onto the skin. It's meant to be used sparingly, as a finishing touch to the inner corners of the eye, under the brows, and across the cheekbones. Unfortunately, it's so subtle that it virtually disappears or vanishes away if you blend it too much.
* VERDICT -- A bit too expensive at 48 for a really small container of 0.20 oz for a product that doesn't deliver a true knock-out punch in the highlighting category.
* BOTTOM LINE - Basically, an underwhelming product at an overwhelmingly high price point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I got a generous sample of this and I do love it!
The finish is pearly, but not shimmery, gives me a very awake look! It doesn't clash with my skin tone. I love it, I will buy the full size in future!