July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really soft MLBB kind of lipstick, it's like a go-to for everyday that you can wear for any event, to work, to go out, for an interview........ However since I have very pigmented lips it's hard to get this colour to show up, I have to load on a ton of layers so you can see it. It isn't similar to my natural lip colour, I have naturally dark blue lips (yes I am nonetheless human........ I think) so this does not look like my lips AT ALL. But when I can make it show and cover up all that frozen lip look that I naturally have, it actually looks natural, as if it were really my real lip colour. Like all MAC lipsticks it's also very shiny, smooth and moisturizing (which I love!).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

This is such a pretty color! I usually apply it lightly for daytime looks. It's a little Barbie pinkish, I think it's a great color for going out looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Lovelorn is a medium barbie pink with very little blue tones. there is enough blue in this to make this a true barbie pink, but not enough to make it unwearable. i'm fair mediterranean with medium pigmentation on my lips and also am a little tanned at the moment, and this on me, is about half a shade lighter than my lips, but still defines them and flatters my face because of the brightness. for reference, this is basically a 'my lips but better' for me but in a barbie pink that's a little more illuminating than a my lips but better shade. i feel that because of the kind of pink this is, it doesn't clash with any yellowiness in my skin, but rather constrasts and compliments it. in fact i'm sure this would compliment pretty much anyone because it seems like quite a chameleon colour from what i've seen from others' pictures.
this is also very buildable which is great, because the colour looks gorgeous when it's fully built up, but can still act as just a nice pink touch for ladies that are after that too.
this is also the only Lustre lipstick i own, that feels like a Cremesheen because it's so soft and creamy! glides on so nicely. i find myself applying this a lot without a lip balm or a gloss which i can very rarely do with any lipstick.
would repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by songsparrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is there such a thing as too much MLBB? This is almost an exact match for my gum color, which I understand is what you should look for, but for some reason it doesn't thrill me by itself, maybe because it's so close to the color of my pigmented lips. I'm cool so I thought this would knock it out of the park, but it makes me think it'll wear down to meh. I'm starting to think it may be better for dark-haired lovelies like the girl in the pic above. I put KissKiss Liplift on underneath and Josie Maran Dyani gloss on top and that is a very wearable look, but I'm not getting the teeth whitening effect much. So far, Lustering is still HG and I'd like to try Sweetie but I don't want frost. Might repurchase, but not definite.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never usually wear any shade of pink (im more into neutrals/browns) but I was looking for something different... So I tried a RED! I loved it but not for everyday, well, my husband didn't care for it (I am very light complected), so I figured to try a nice shade of pink and I love this color and it goes on super smooth and stays on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this color! I uploaded the picture so you can see how amazing the color is! I actually have NC 35 skin and this is great light pink. Usually, pinks look awful/trashy on me but this is beautiful and soft. The first time I wore it, I got compliments from everyone. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thid is one of my favourite lipsticks. It's a perfect pink for my NC20 skintone anf it gives me a fresh look and a nice pout. Great for daytime. It doesn't last long but none of the lustre finishes do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by SkyStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! Not too loud for daytime and not unnoticeable for a night out. This was my first lipstick purchase and I love it. The best part for me was it looks so close to my natural lip color. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by dearlymakeup

Unbelievable. It's everything a lipstick should be.

It does apply a bit differently than you might expect. I might not have tried it if I were just looking at the actual product, but the result on my lips is incredible. If you have any doubts from looking at it, try it on your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by charliecody80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite MAC lipstick and I have collected a lot of MACs and Chanels. I'm an NC35 for reference, 032 in Dior and this suits me perfectly IMO. It isn't chalky at all on my lips. The formulation is fantastic and moisturizing. This is the epitome of MLBB :) I definitely recommend every girl to have this color in their makeup collection.