October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this! But I have come to realise that most pink lipsticks don't work for me :( I love the lustre finish, and think this colour could work so well on other people. I'm NC30 and it just doesn't look right on me. I'm a bit gutted to be honest! X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this pink is an easy to wear, every day color that you don't need a mirror to apply. it doesn't accentuate dry lips, in fact, it makes it look nicely moisturized which is why i really like this lipstick color. i have neutral, light medium skin tone and not all pinks look good on me so i am happy how this color works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a HARD time finding good pink lippies; they usually look clownish harsh or just plain awkward (like pink nouveau). Only brown & violet based pinks suit my complexion. Lovelorn is an exception itís a fresh, clean, SOFT true blue based pink that can be worn everyday depending on your eye look. Itís a Mac lustre finish so itís extremely moisturizing for my dry peeling lips w/ a glossy feel & shine. The pigmentation is buildable from sheer, medium to full if I want a little extra shine I pair it w/ NYX beige gloss. This lipstick is so wearable lip liner isnít necessary & it doesnít look milky on my deep dark skin. My makeup collection will never be without lovelorn now that Iíve discovered its glory. Mac match master 8.5 btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really soft MLBB kind of lipstick, it's like a go-to for everyday that you can wear for any event, to work, to go out, for an interview........ However since I have very pigmented lips it's hard to get this colour to show up, I have to load on a ton of layers so you can see it. It isn't similar to my natural lip colour, I have naturally dark blue lips (yes I am nonetheless human........ I think) so this does not look like my lips AT ALL. But when I can make it show and cover up all that frozen lip look that I naturally have, it actually looks natural, as if it were really my real lip colour. Like all MAC lipsticks it's also very shiny, smooth and moisturizing (which I love!).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

This is such a pretty color! I usually apply it lightly for daytime looks. It's a little Barbie pinkish, I think it's a great color for going out looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Lovelorn is a medium barbie pink with very little blue tones. there is enough blue in this to make this a true barbie pink, but not enough to make it unwearable. i'm fair mediterranean with medium pigmentation on my lips and also am a little tanned at the moment, and this on me, is about half a shade lighter than my lips, but still defines them and flatters my face because of the brightness. for reference, this is basically a 'my lips but better' for me but in a barbie pink that's a little more illuminating than a my lips but better shade. i feel that because of the kind of pink this is, it doesn't clash with any yellowiness in my skin, but rather constrasts and compliments it. in fact i'm sure this would compliment pretty much anyone because it seems like quite a chameleon colour from what i've seen from others' pictures.
this is also very buildable which is great, because the colour looks gorgeous when it's fully built up, but can still act as just a nice pink touch for ladies that are after that too.
this is also the only Lustre lipstick i own, that feels like a Cremesheen because it's so soft and creamy! glides on so nicely. i find myself applying this a lot without a lip balm or a gloss which i can very rarely do with any lipstick.
would repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by songsparrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Is there such a thing as too much MLBB? This is almost an exact match for my gum color, which I understand is what you should look for, but for some reason it doesn't thrill me by itself, maybe because it's so close to the color of my pigmented lips. I'm cool so I thought this would knock it out of the park, but it makes me think it'll wear down to meh. I'm starting to think it may be better for dark-haired lovelies like the girl in the pic above. I put KissKiss Liplift on underneath and Josie Maran Dyani gloss on top and that is a very wearable look, but I'm not getting the teeth whitening effect much. So far, Lustering is still HG and I'd like to try Sweetie but I don't want frost. Might repurchase, but not definite.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I never usually wear any shade of pink (im more into neutrals/browns) but I was looking for something different... So I tried a RED! I loved it but not for everyday, well, my husband didn't care for it (I am very light complected), so I figured to try a nice shade of pink and I love this color and it goes on super smooth and stays on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this color! I uploaded the picture so you can see how amazing the color is! I actually have NC 35 skin and this is great light pink. Usually, pinks look awful/trashy on me but this is beautiful and soft. The first time I wore it, I got compliments from everyone. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thid is one of my favourite lipsticks. It's a perfect pink for my NC20 skintone anf it gives me a fresh look and a nice pout. Great for daytime. It doesn't last long but none of the lustre finishes do.