MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 7/26/2013 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to lipstick if I'm not sure which shade of pink to wear. It is smooth and creamy. It is definitely work appropriate. I can see this looking great on anyone. NC 45

on 6/6/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Pink has never been any part of my make up collection but I thought I'd try something different.. It is rich and creamy, it stays on well too!

on 5/14/2013 6:59:00 PM

On me this is a brightish pink. I'm usually stick with MLBB shades or pinky nude shades so this one was more "lively". It brightens my pigmented lips to a pretty mid tone pink and makes my teeth look nice. It's really creamy and wasn't drying for me at all. It lasted a few hours and faded well. Will repurchase :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a light, blue-based pink shade, kind of a light barbie pink. I didn't think I could wear this with my olive/yellow undertones, but it's actually very flattering (NC35-40 for reference.) I wear this frequently in the spring/summer with thick black liner. It's quite creamy and soft and tends to smudge a lot, which is annoying and makes it's lasting power subpar, but overall, a nice color.

on 3/30/2013 12:10:00 PM

I saw this in photos online on all kinds of skintones and the color looked different on everybody but no matter who wore it, the color looked beautiful. On me this just looks like an average flat pink. Nothing special. Im NC30 if that helps.

on 3/13/2013 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this! But I have come to realise that most pink lipsticks don't work for me :( I love the lustre finish, and think this colour could work so well on other people. I'm NC30 and it just doesn't look right on me. I'm a bit gutted to be honest! X

this pink is an easy to wear, every day color that you don't need a mirror to apply. it doesn't accentuate dry lips, in fact, it makes it look nicely moisturized which is why i really like this lipstick color. i have neutral, light medium skin tone and not all pinks look good on me so i am happy how this color works for me.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have a HARD time finding good pink lippies; they usually look clownish harsh or just plain awkward (like pink nouveau). Only brown & violet based pinks suit my complexion. Lovelorn is an exception itís a fresh, clean, SOFT true blue based pink that can be worn everyday depending on your eye look. Itís a Mac lustre finish so itís extremely moisturizing for my dry peeling lips w/ a glossy feel & shine. The pigmentation is buildable from sheer, medium to full if I want a little extra shine I pair it w/ NYX beige gloss. This lipstick is so wearable lip liner isnít necessary & it doesnít look milky on my deep dark skin. My makeup collection will never be without lovelorn now that Iíve discovered its glory. Mac match master 8.5 btw.

on 8/10/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really soft MLBB kind of lipstick, it's like a go-to for everyday that you can wear for any event, to work, to go out, for an interview........ However since I have very pigmented lips it's hard to get this colour to show up, I have to load on a ton of layers so you can see it. It isn't similar to my natural lip colour, I have naturally dark blue lips (yes I am nonetheless human........ I think) so this does not look like my lips AT ALL. But when I can make it show and cover up all that frozen lip look that I naturally have, it actually looks natural, as if it were really my real lip colour. Like all MAC lipsticks it's also very shiny, smooth and moisturizing (which I love!).

on 7/8/2012 11:32:00 PM

This is such a pretty color! I usually apply it lightly for daytime looks. It's a little Barbie pinkish, I think it's a great color for going out looks.

Popular Lipsticks