April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - L'Imperatrice Eau de Toilette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems like every young girl showcasing her perfume collection on you tube has this scent so I was curious to try it. I got a sample at Sephora and even though male SA assured me that its supposed to be unisex, there is nothing remotely masculine in this scent(at least not to me). This is very fresh and bright watermelon and kiwi scent-I LOVE the scent of watermelon and was forever looking for it in a perfume. This is not quite as “watermelony” as I would like but its really nice, fresh fruity scent that is not at least generic. I like it a lot but I don’t like $70 price tag, wish it came in a smaller bottle. To my surprise, lasting power is not bad at all-I get several hours out of it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very light scent, and it only gives a small hint of freshness. Someone standing right next to you would not be able to tell you are wearing perfume. I bought this eau de toilette because I really liked the light fruity smell it had, and I like the card L'impératrice in the Tarot deck (Yes, I buy perfumes & nail polishes based on their names, crazy I know).
At first I really loved this perfume, and I was wearing it almost everyday. I started having really bad headaches and I couldn't tell where they were coming from... until I stopped using this.
I still find it shocking that such a light smell could cause headaches like that, but I haven't had a single one since last month, when I stopped using the perfume.
I'm still giving it 3 stars, because for those who do not have the headache problem, this is a good option for a light, fruity scent.
Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent! I smell a bright sweetness of melon through the scent which i do love.When it dries down, there's a bit of flowery appears which is subtle as the melon note still gets over it. This one is really special, pretty and feminine. The lasting power for an EDT is just ok but the silage is good. U can use it in any season as its never over powering or annoying although its fruity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is to me a very girly, sweet, flora, candyish but in an adult-way scent. I do love it mainly for day time / office time wear, more spring/summer than autumn/winter. The packaging is very simple, in a way rather understated when I think of the scent. I did not give a 5 because of one thing, due to the heavy sweetness in this, I can not wear this everyday for weeks in a row. It gets too sickly after a few days, so I have to switch to something else to balance my nose again (I use Tom Ford's Lavender Palm for example) for a few days. After a break, when I come back to L'Imperatrice, it is always a nice welcome, like seeing a good old friend again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by annettepe

I used to love this scent but i feel like now, everytime i spray it, it has this alcohol like smell to it. i dunno if its whether mine is getting old or if its just like that. Anyways the dry down of the smell is really nice, girly and sweet but still sophisticated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Liked the smell but wasn't very impressed. After wearing it a few days it grew on me. Lovely scent. Subtle but gives off the perfect amount. Very feminine. Can be worn day or night, even though fragrantica reviewers rated it as a day time perfume. Only reason I rated it a 3 is because the longevity is horrible!!! Lasts only about 2-3 hours on me. Big disappontment! I was starting to like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my word...I LOVE this perfume! There's nothing quite like it when you take a whiff of a frangrance for the first time and it's the scent you want to smell like for the rest of your life! YES...it's that good!

I have never gotten as many compliments on my perfume as I have when I wear L'Imperatrice. The fellas seem to like it the most :) One of my guy friends actually commented that if he ever got angry around me all I would have to do is spray it near him and his anger would melt away! haha. But, seriously..go out and buy it because it's one of those scents that is uniquely perfect in each and every way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this scent. Was on the hunt for a new perfume at sephora. An associate used this perfume app that gives you options from your fave perfume. (mines being Dior addict 2). This one was of the options. I love it! Keys notes are kiwi and watermelon. I'm into scents that are fruity and light and doesn't smell like frickin candy. Such a gorgeous scent. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always been keen on trying and collecting fragrances. I can definitely say this is MY fragrance. I also love Narciso Rodriguez, The One, Rush.. but I just can't live without L'Imperatrice on my shelf. It smells so good both in winter and summer, it's feminine, fresh, just lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lelechic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love this perfume! Its floral/fruity and light. You wont get overpowered by the smell. People compliments me when I wear this. The only problem I have is that it doesnt last very long on me, so I have to keep spraying throughout the day. Other than that I will repurchase this again and again! :D