September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Powders - Cover Girl - Pocket Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by missababe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only powder I've tried that doesn't make me look orange and fake. The color looked dark in the packaging but when I put it on it was perfect. Great coverage and I only have to use very little. I use this with a large powder brush though so I can get it where I need it. The little sponge that came with it is great for using with my liquid as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Hunnii

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like this powder. it has a nice tone and doesn't make my face dry or oily like some other powders. i would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 7:54:00 AM More reviews by cmlaporte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It gives me the coverage I want, without looking cakey or chalky, doesn't change color (think orange mask), and is light enough so I don't feel like I'm even wearing foundation. I have very oily skin even at my age (42 Lord, when am I ever going to grow out of puberty)! With the kind of skin that I have, I can never use liquid or cream foundations because they just settle in to any scars or pits on my face and bring them right out, accentuating my flaws instead of camouflaging them. I think this foundation is a very good option for women with oily skin and the packaging is neat and convenient for carrying with you for touch ups.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I would call this a holy grail or anything near that, but I certainly think it's a very good product. As others have noted, it crumbles easily so be careful. Also, it WILL "highlight" dry or flakey areas, so make sure all those areas are well taken care of before application! Many others have also stated that the entire color selection is too dark (or too yellow, or too orange, etc). I am VERY PPP...seriously, I really have no color. :) I am cool toned, and there is a very light cool toned ivory in this collection (I believe it is classic ivory?) but it looked VERY pinky/orange, so I bought the regular (it's neutral) ivory instead. The ivory is the lightest shade. In the store when I flipped it open I, too, felt that the color was much too dark (it's definitely the darkest looking ivory shade I've ever seen, in any brand). I almost didn't buy it. I'm glad I did. When applied, it is not nearly as dark as it looks in the compact. In fact, it doesn't look too dark on me at all. I haven't had it for very long, so I can't comment yet on how long it lasts or if it causes breakouts (I have acne-prone skin and this product is supposed to be non-comedogenic, oil free, etc), but so far it seems to look very good. It minimizes oil and even pores to an extent. It is just a TAD expensive for a brand like Cover Girl, but I think it's worth trying if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a mattifying powder/foundation from a department store. Normally I wouldn't review a product so soon after purchasing but I just wanted to tell people that are afraid to try it because of what they've heard about the colors that it is definitely still worth a shot.

UPDATE: Ok, so now I hate this product. I'm fairly certain it made my face break out (I hadn't changed anything else when it happened), and it seemed to highlight those zits that popped up. Also, in some kinds of light it DID look too dark. I'm using Jane stay calm foundation now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2004 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sweetcherrie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was okay - it comes in a small little compact and it does the job of covering you up - just make sure you apply tons of moisturizer cuz this could really dry you out by the end of the day. You have to keep reapplying the stuff though which kind of sucks - but like most powders it hides the shine in your skin if that's a problem for you. I haven't repurchased it yet, not sure if i'm going to. I'm kind of sticking with tinted moisturizer for the summer. It's a good price compared with other powders - about 8 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2004 3:44:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this when it first came out in stores. It's really nice for light coverage. It evens out my skin and gives a light matte finish. The only thing I didn't like (and why I gave it a 4) was that it didn't have SPF. I'd buy it again, though.

Update: I used this over my Olay moisturizer, and I had a shine-free face all day! Also, if I apply using a brush instead of the sponge, it looks a lot more natural, and it feels lighter on my skin (no more cakey feeling!) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Mistymf

I have this in Ivory...everything I seem to own is ivory! But this product is very cute and comes with a reat sponge. I've only used this a few times as a cover over foundation..sometimes it appears too matte. I will definitely keep trying and update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I have been using powder on my oily, acne-prone skin for years and tend not to buy the same thing twice, but I'm stuck like glue on this stuff. It absorbs oil with the best of 'em, provides enough coverage to double as foundation, comes with a washable sponge, and blends perfectly with my skin. I don't even have to reapply powder during the day, just blot with a tissue and the powder stays on. This and red lipstick and I'm set!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With exception to the Ivory, all colors were ORANGE! I tried this as a touch up powder to keep the oilies at bay. It was a so-so product, the colors available suck, there was no translucent. I will not repurchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2004 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Minzi

I just realized I am on about my 6th one of these powders, and I guess its a staple. This stuff is amazing. I will not buy another kind of powder, I wait until I get back to a Target to purchase. Very high quality. I use classic ivory. Its good as a pressed powder, applied after foundation with the sponge it comes with, the sponge is high quality as well. OrI use it with a powder brush to sweep on my face after foundation, and its good on a freshly moisturized face with the sponge damp as a foundation. Its so versatile. The color is great, its long lasting, it keeps shine down to a minimum. It can accentuate dry spots or look chalky, but I can buff that away with the sponge or a powder brush. I love this stuff. I like the packaging. I don't find it crumbles too badly, but I don't carry it as a compact. I don't need to reblot usually, and if I do, I use blotting papers. For the price, this is an amazing buy. I recommend it very highly.