Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 5/30/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Was so excited to use this concealer thinking it would be as pigmented or even more pigmented than my HG Mac Pro longwear concealer (nc35). I bought this in medium-light and honestly, this was a HUGE let down. I expected super full coverage with just a pea size, and when i tested it out, i took 5 THICK layers (no blending, bc if i blend it would just sheer out) to cover my small beauty mark on my arm as a test. It was greasy, slippery and when it came out of the tube (after shaking for 2 minutes), it was a thin watery consistency that was OILY. Yucks, i immediately knew the coverage would just be a sheer-light coverage and i was right. Never using this ever again. Also, the packaging BROKE. The tail end opened up and concealer leaked EVERYWHERE. This is going into the bin.

on 5/22/2015 2:03:00 PM

I love this concealer because it really covers up my dark circles and brightens eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This has a dewy finish. I haven't ever heard of a full coverage dewy concealer but it's actually genius for brightening under eyes. It won't emphasize any fine lines and it will make you look awake. You can also purchase a shade lighter than your skintone and use it as a natural highlight. The tube will literally last forever since a tiny dot goes a long way. It can also be worn all over the face as a dewy foundation and mixes very nicely into moisturizer for a sheer foundation.

on 5/11/2015 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Amazing price- 6$ at Walmart.

The packaging is good: this product lasts a long time, so its more hygienic in a tube!

Incredible coverage. Could cover anything! However, it's VERY greasy. Takes forever to set and you need a LOT of powder to do so. It runs the risk of being cakey very quickly.
I find that it settles into fine lines under my eyes really easily, but does an incredible job covering dark circles/acne.
If you don't touch your face it will last all day!
I would definitely recommend to a beginner, someone with blemish-prone skin (provided they wash it off!!!), or someone on a budget.
The pros- amazing price and coverage, widely available, good packaging, and lasts forever.
The main cons- doesn't set without looking a lil cakey, feels heavy

I would buy again (and have), but i would not pay too much more for the product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this concealer. Works amazing for camouflaging dark circles and redness. My only complaint is that I find it a little oily and doesn't set very well. I will definitely continue to repurchase this product!

I bought this product awhile ago and forgot I had it. I have a blotch of sun damage on my left cheek and thought I would give it a try for coverage because of the heavy duty formula. I have to say I am very impressed. I have tried many other concealers, including an expensive MAC, and this is the only one that covered well and also stayed on until it was time to remove my makeup for the day. I bought this at Walmart and am definitely going to buy it again. The price was very reasonable as well compared to other brands. I have become a fan of Hard Candy cosmetics over the last couple of years, and I have always liked their packaging. It has a rather Goth rugged look to it. I have read other reviews where they mentioned not liking it under their eyes, but truthfully I don't think its made for that type of concealment. I think its more for covering tattoos, freckles, sun damage (as in my case). Sees like it would be too thick for the other areas, so it might look cake and show more definition to crows, feet and other skin imperfections. When I applied it, I used a beauty blender sponge and just dabbed in on over the affected area after applying my primer and BB cream. I then brushed a translucent powder over it and followed with my blush and highlighterI had good results this way. It also came with a matching pencil, which I have yet to use. I figure I will probably use it for lining my brows.

I have very pale skin and the colour 'ultra light' is near perfect, perhaps a touch too light. Glamoflauge is not a good concealer for under the eyes, it looks cakey and makes my eyes look like the sahara desert, very dry. I do think this is a fantastic blemish concealer though! I am prone to get redness on my cheeks and breakouts on my chin and this covers them up very well. I find the best way to apply is to use my fingers and pat in on my skin, the heat of my fingers blend it flawlessly. It last all day and I sometimes dust a light powder over if I want extra long wear. The concealer has a thin consistency however it is extremely opaque, a little goes a long way. I can definitely see my tube lasting for ages so it is great value for money.

Overall, an excellent budget concealer, very pigmented and gives full coverage however, it is a terrible under eye concealer so if thats what you're looking for, I would skip this one and purchase Collection Lasting Perfection as it is very cheap and makes a great under eye concealer!

After reading many good reviews and wanting what it promised, "a heavy duty concealer", wow, what a waste of money this was. I was surprised at how thin and watery this concealer was, I even shook and squeezed the tube to try and mix it together to no avail. It is shimmery, watery, thin, and transparent, everything a concealer shouldn't be in my opinion. The consistency is just terrible, I actually washed my face and started my makeup routine over after applying this because it just looked terrible. I've tried applying with fingers, brushes, every which way and it appears streaky and patchy. Layering foundation and other products over this is a nightmare, it doesn't seem to want to dry and stays sticky, other products end up smearing, streaking and mixing with it instead of layering over it. The pencil it came with is useless as well, I sometimes use it to clean up the lines around my brows or lips but that's about it, it's waxy and hard to apply. I will not be buying anymore products from this brand after my experience with this.

on 4/16/2015 3:32:00 AM

I'm an NC25/NC30: and "medium" is a great color. The concealer is yellow based and the product is only $6.

It covers so well, a 10/10, medium to extreme coverage.
but I strongly dislike the oily texture of this. It's very thick and oily so it takes very long to set and it transfers easily. That's the only con.

And this isn't good for undereye, it's breaks along lines and it's too cakey.

It lasts for a good amount but it doesn't STAY as great as the Mac concealer which is like a stain concealer to me.

This is ideal for body scars, acne marks, light-medium colored tattoos.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Initially I really liked this but after a few uses I don't care for it. The consistency is strange-thin but sticky. It covers well but its nearly impossible for me to blend. I tried brushes (that worked the best) and a beauty blender soaked up the product and left patchy places where too much product had been removed. It also separates after a short period of time-I had to work the tube to get it mixed back together.
If you can get it to blend its not a bad choice, but it isn't for me.