November 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TrainedDreamer

I bought this from Sephora after many recommended it for my NC10 (very pale with warm undertones) skin. I avoided NARS Sex Appeal like the plague for years because it looked like a shade of...yellow, in the store. However now that I ordered it...I like it! It is very pigmented, yet the shade is subtle. I'd describe it as a light warm peach...it's not nearly as pink on me as pictures on MUA depict. Nars Sex Appeal is matte, which is great because it doesn't magnify my flaws nor large pores. The packaging is classic, & the mirror is a nice bonus too. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with most of the reviews that this shade will really only work for the truly pale. (I'm NC15 at my darkest). It does show on me, but just the slightest hint of peach. I haven't had the chalky issues that some reviewers mention but I never put on more than 2 layers. That said, I still don't find myself reaching for this very much. If I want a subtle blush I tend to go with Korres Nude 15 instead or a cream blush like Stila CC Lilliium.

I don't think I would repurchase this. It's spendy for the amount of color payoff.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am around an NC20 (no perfect MAC shade but the closest I can identify with) with neutral tones. Sex Appeal appears to be a soft light peach with slight pink tones. As some others have expressed, I too cannot get this blush to show up on my skin well. It gives the *slightest* hint of (orangey!) peach on me.The problem is that the blush is not finely milled and ends up looking chalky and cakey on my skin because I have to pack it on in order to show. Because of that, I can't even build up to the intensity that I would like as the blush is too powdery and chalky in texture. If you're lucky enough to have this show up true to colour on your skin, I'd imagine it would look like a really pretty flush of matte light peach. Unfortunately for me it was a waste of money. I just get an orange chalky mess. Very disappointed considering the price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This Blush colour from NARS needs a genuine CAVEAT EMPTOR: I.e., if you read the reviews below from all the lovely & enthusiastic women who just want to help you enjoy what they, too, enjoy & feel pretty about... well, while you ARE reading something very heart-warming in all those reviews below, you STILL aren't necessarily being given --&/or grasping -- the most important piece of information.
To wit:

Almost ALL of these reviewers below describe themselves as "quite pale" -- & yet then go on to define that claim as being comparable -- or even identical -- to Mac's "NW" (or "NC": no matter) 20 to 25. But if YOU are as pale as Mac's NW/NC 15 -- or even PALER than that, as I am -- well, anyone who's anywhere from NW/NC15-to-even-paler (e.g., Bobbi Brown Alabaster OR even paler than THAT...) just ISN'T someone w/ the same skin colour as the "pale" claimed by someone who's actually as deep as the NW/NC 20-25 range. (And if anyone wants to get riled up about this, PLEASE notice: I'm NOT saying 1 is better than another, for pete's sake!)

Thus if you ARE in the truly porcelain-skinned locus of things, it is genuinely possible this particular NARS Blush just MAY NOT show up on you as readily as it can show on the darker one's who also call themselves "pale".

So please: do NOT think there's something *wrong* w/your own wonderful & rare porcelain-white skin -- nor even, necessarily, wrong w/this NARS shade. I myself shall be trying it 1 more time -- or, I should say, 1 LAST time -- & then shall update this page ASAP to offer my own 2 cents on whether it''s actually possible for a TRULY fair-skinned person to wear such an ultra-pale blush. So... we shall see! True, last time some yrs ago it didn't work for me, either: but as I'm so impressed w/NARS blushes in general (not being a Mac Junkie but nevertheless fnding MAC blushes the Absolute BEST -- but Nars a VERY close 2nd) -- well, I'm willing to try 1 more time w/this shade; & attempt a few other newer application methods to see if those might make enough of a difference. /// Will keep you posted! Peace & Joy to all -- xoxo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reviews for this are really shocking to me. I have very fair skin and light, peachy blushes are my favorite. I can't wear very pigmented colors without them looking clowny.

That said, this was completely useless. It was almost invisible and if anything just made my skin look chalky. I don't understand by any means how this could be a blush, and it doesn't have any qualities to really be used as a highlighter or luminizer of any sort either. It was much too expensive to be so disappointing. I have never returned anything to Sephora, but I have been eyeing this one for about a year now thinking it might be the first to be so horrible that I could justify exchanging it. This was my first NARS blush, and judging by the extreme fan base, I am sure I could find another that I liked better - but this didn't leave my hopeful. Additionally, I am not really impressed with the NARS packaging. I like the aesthetic they are going for, but the rubbery material gets dull and dirty-looking very quickly. It ends up looking kind of old and worn next to other sleeker packaging. Not a huge issue, but for the price, they should improve it IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by alaras

I am NC20 and this blush is the most beautiful natural blush. Although most blushes look quite natural on me this is a kind of 'clean, innocent' colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MzDT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. As others have noted, it's best if you are super pale. I am a Nars Mont Blanc / MUFE Mat Velvet 20 pale with yellow undertones. It looks fantastic on me and I've had a hard time finding something that looked nice, not too dark, streaky, ect. If you are pale, I highly recommend - it has no shimmer which I like, I wear it to work every day. Anyone with a darker complexion will probably be disappointed. Will def repurchase. Blends very nicely, easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this blush. It's a beautiful peachy shade, perfect for my ultra pale skin. Great when doing a dramatic eye look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

As of right now I'm somewhere between NC20 & NC25 and I wasn't sure if this blush would work out for me. It's a very light peach in the pan with no shimmer and although very sheer it looks great once built up. I use my Mac 109 and really pack it on my cheeks then I like to use a bright blush and just tap it on the apples, some of my favorites to pair with Sex Appeal like that are Nars Crazed & Angelika. The first time I wore this I really didn't think it did much but I went to the store and it was freezing and windy as all get out. When I jumped into my car I looked in the mirror, I thought I was perfectly flushed from the cold wind but it was this blush. It's subtle and sheer but gorgeous. I would definitely recomment this to the fair ladies who want a natural cheek color. I would absolutely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by pegbasket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a HG product for me now, it goes with every eye look i've ever done and if im not sure which blush to use out of the million that i own - i reach for this one. Im an NW15 and this shows up as a soft pale peachy pink on my skin and is very flattering. Its not chalky, lasts well and you can put it on in a rush without having to work with it. A couple of swipes and your done. I read all the reviews before i bought it as over here in Australia Nars is really expensive and i didn't want to waste my money yet again on a product that just didn't work for me. I have been heavy handed with it once or twice but its an easy fix just put a bit of face powder over the top and blend, it didn't look cakey either. If i lost/broke/hit pan/dog ate it tomorrow then i would definitely spend the money and buy another one.