October 25, 2014 | 1311 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - TEINT RADIANCE Radiance Enhancing, Flawless Foundation SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the new teint Radiance in a dark shade (sachet sample was #8) but I will not comment on the shade itself ( I am usually a #4 in YSL foundations). I will comment on the texture and the features of the product.
Well, this is intented to be on the trail of these new "glowing/radiant/wightless" foundations (like Dior Nude, Teint Miracle Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau) that are so huge now.
To be honest, and to my disappointment, Radiance is not up to its par. This foundation is very liquid upon application, has poor coverage (OK it's not intended to be super covering), had a greasy feel and glows a lot in the sense that it's oily.
Did not get more that 2 hours wear (and it was powdered on top), my face was a mess, I broke out in 2 points of my face. And we are in winter; imagine this in hot weather!
A real disaster for combo skins; note however that it can suit well a dry skin not needing lots of coverage.
Stick to Teint Majeur or Teint Resist if you like YSL foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Right now it's my favorite liquid foundation. It just melts into my skin. I use two pumps for my entire face. I wish the coverage would be thicker, it gives a coverage of a tinted moisturizer but man I just love the way my skin looks: so radiant (hence the name) and just porcelain. I also like the fact that it comes in a shade (1) that's light enough to blend with my natural skin color. I would only use it during the winter though because I have a feeling it will melt off my face if the temperatures outside were higher

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I have combination skin and this foundation made my face feel tight and dehydrated. It has a sheer to medium coverage and I used this in 04 Sand which is for “light to medium neutral beige complexions” but it has some yellow in it to almost match my skin. It looks ok but in the pictures is kind of pinkish-gray (tried it in Blond - too light). When I first apply it is matte but after a couple of hours I get some glow. It kind of reminds me of CD Nude which I like more because I get the same light feeling without the dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by pilon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely! But your skin has to be soft or at least well moisturized. It's how it works with me. I had very dry skin under my eyes and this foundation even more accentuated the dryness. I was looking forward to using it, but it think that Givenchy's Subli'Mine Sculpt Light is much better. And... I can't see any radiance on my skin when I apply Teint Radiance. It's matt, really. Otherwise, I kind of like it - it still looks pretty, now that my skin feels much softer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by recipefordisaster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After wearing and loving Nars SG for 3 months i decided to get a lighter coverage foundation for the warmer months and tried this. It's completely knocked SG out of the water in terms of performance. I find it less cakey and more natural looking, with greater lasting power. I've tried both this and the teint resist foundation by ysl. This one surpasses the resist as it's dewy and light as opposed to the resist which is slightly more matte. I would say this is either a light medium coverage. or a heavy light coverage. For reference I have number 4 and I am NC20. One thing I would say about this foundation is that it looks so much nicer when applied with a flat foundation brush (I use cliniques) than with your fingers. For the Australians out there this foundation is $85AUD as compared with $78AUD for teint resist. EDIT: After wearing this without primer i found that it settled into pores and was uneven, how disappointing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by irinapolla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a pretty good foundation for winter. It blends well into my skin, looks natural and is also moisturizing. The scent is neutral and the packaging looks nice. I have a combination skin and by midday my T-zone tends to get a bit oily and I need to touch up with powder or blotting sheets, but then again this foundation doesn't even promise to mattify the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this in shade 2, "blond", and was told it was the lightest shade in the line. Once received, I was shocked at how yellow shade 2 was. Compared to YSL Perfect Touch, which I have, albeit in shade 1, it is considerably more yellow. It looked way too yellow on my NC15 skin. My ratings for this product will be based on performance, not shade, however. First, this product stung my skin upon application. The stinging went away after a minute. I do not have sensitive skin. Next, this foundation clung to every small hair on my face. I tried blending with fingers, with brushes of all types, and sponges, and this found hair, facial hair I didn't even know I had. I tried adjusting the amount of foundation used, and tried it with and without moisturizer underneath, and had the same hair-seeking result. In addition, it wouldn't melt into my skin. I could see it on top of my skin, looking streaky and obvious, making my entire face look older than I am. I placed Lancome's new Teint Miracle (great product) on one side of my face, and YSL Teint Radiance on the other, and I looked like a different person on each side. I've never had a foundation look so poor. The 'radiance' promised was not a glow at all, but instead looked oily and rough all at once, and my skin isn't rough! The appearance did not improve as the day went by, and the foundation itself seemed to become more obvious throughout the day! I am unsure if a lighter, more neutral shade (if it exists) would make any difference, since blending and product performance was of issue here. A note for fragrance sensitive people, this had a strong perfume-like scent. I am NC15, Chanel .5 shades, Dior 010, BE Fair, and typically wear the lightest neutral shade in every line. My skin is normal to slightly oily, smooth with slight lines around eyes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Andio

All shades contain:
Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glycerin, Isododecane, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates / C9-15 Fluoroalcohol, Phosphate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Titanium Dioxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Fructose, Glucose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum / Fragrance, Silica, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407, Urea, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alanine, Alumina, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, [+/- May Contain] Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

Smooth looking skin that does not look over done. It seems to last for 8 hours but I will continue to test it and let you know further down the road :)