September 18, 2014 | 1409 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by vanessa2009

I liked it for a good while and intended to repurchase it. I didn't like the colouring much, but it worked for my skin (though I'd prefer more yellow and peach if that makes any sense at all). I had a lot of redness on my nose that was difficult to cover, but using this plus a stippling brush did the trick. Only, I had a lot of dry flakiness on my nose, and this seemed to accentuate it even though it is meant to be hydrating. When the flakiness healed up, I used whatever I had left in the bottle, and I got SO shiny within 4 hours... and I usually last 6 hours before I start to get slightly shiny. I don't know if my skin conditioned changed, if I had used a different primer, or if it was always this oily and I simply got used to a better oil-controlling foundation in the time I stopped using this. During the time I stopped using this I switched to NARS Sheer Glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination to oily skin, between NC25-30 in MAC. I got this VA in B20 which was a bit light but B30 was a bit muddy (story of my life). I used a bit of bronzer to help. I really liked the finish of this foundation - not too dewy, not too matte, i happen to also like the smell. The problem is, my t-zone became shiny in just a couple of hours. It didn't slide off or goop jp, thank goodness, just too much blotting throughout the day. If you have more normal to dry skin, this would probably work better for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this....it makes my skin so natural looking. I was looking for a light foundation that covers my uneven cheeks color only bc I do not have any pores problem. Yup, it does a decent job. It was recommended that you apply it with your fingers but what I love to do is to apply with my Tarte foundation brush with some setting spray on it. I love the its simple packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A single word describes your skin with this foundation: luminous. I start with a thin layer of Base Lumiere (also by Chanel) followed by a super-thin layer of this foundation. In the beginning, I would use a foundation brush to apply it but now I find that using my fingers gives the best application. I reach for this foundation more than any other in my foundation wardrobe. It's like wearing nothing at all, only better. The SPF of 15 is an added bonus, but if I plan on being in the sun, I layer their UV Essentiel sunblock or Le Metier's Replenishing Daily Solution on first as a primer. It's an expensive product, that's for sure, but well worth the money. Plus, you use so little that a 1 oz. bottle lasts for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by katarinapierce

Amazing foundation on good-skin days. It is true that it is ultra-light and looks like a second layer of your skin. Received a lot of compliments!
The only downside is that it looks kind of cakey when I apply my second layer. Probably because I have really dry skin the alcohol in this foundation reveals my dry patches almost instantly. I can only tolerate one layer but it's alright. The result is heavenly.
Four lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jmac1107

The first few minutes after I have applied this foundation my skin looks absolutely heavenly...unfortunately it oxidizes on my skin terribly. When I have first applied it the colour is perfect, but the end result is REALLY orange. I wore this in the summer and it sweat off pretty quickly (i really looked like a melting Oompa Loompa). The one advantage of this foundation was that it didnt dry out/accentuate dry patches.
P.S if you do decide to try it dont forget to shake it quite vigorously before using it does separate and get liquid-y

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I have never been so indecisive on my feelings for any product as I have been with this foundation. After 2 years of consistently purchasing it, I think I now know why- it is so perfect that I just couldn't believe my eyes (or face). This foundation is just the ultimate foundation in my collection. It is the one I always reach for when I am unsure which one I would like to wear because it can be easy tailored to suit all of my crazy skin's need. Breakouts? Vitalumiere Aqua. Dryness? Vitalumiere Aqua. Oiliness? Vitalumiere Aqua. Day time look? Vitalumiere Aqua. Night out? Vitalumiere Aqua...You get the point. When my skin is breaking out, this foundation allows my skin to breathe because of how weightless it is but still provides enough coverage to cover most redness from acne. When my skin is dry, the foundation is hydrating enough to glide on to my skin without clinging to dryness. When my skin is oily, I powder my face lightly with translucent powder and it lasts the entire day without getting shiny. When I want to go out during the day, a thin layer of this provides optimal daytime coverage. And when I'm going out at night, two layers of this gives me a perfected look- it builds beautifully. This foundation quite simply covers all the bases and because it is so light, it doesn't clog the pores of my irritable teenage skin and cause me any breakouts. In fact, I believe that the alcohol content in this foundation promotes healing from breakouts since I usually notice that if I'm having a breakout, my skin looks much clearer after I take off this makeup at the end of the day than it did at the beginning. For people with sensitive skin, this makeup is heavily fragranced. I have quite sensitive skin and usually get headaches caused by strong fragrances but in the 4 bottles of this makeup that I have used, I have yet to experience a problem. If you're concerned, I suggest getting a sample before purchasing. Make sure that you shake up this makeup for at least a minute before applying it because the ingredients do separate in the bottle! Overall, I believe it is the most perfect foundation ever created and I have, and will happily drop another $48 on it again. Highly recommended :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MellyME

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! It is super lightweight yet an be built upon to a medium coverage. Covers my redness and let over pimple marks (redness) without any issues. It is also almost undetectable on the skin, so perfect for daily use. I've been wanting to try this out for a while now and I'm so glad I did. It's $77 in Australia, so now overly cheap but worth it in my opinion. :) love love love. For reference I'm B20 in this foundation, which equates to about an nc20 in mac foundation (it's not as yellow as mac though).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by su

This is my new favorite. A light foundation, moisturizing skin, flawless, fresh and energised, gives a healthy look and blends easily. It doesn't have that heavy, matte, powdery look like most foundations have. I am Beige Rose 22. It is perfect! The luminosity and healthiness it adds to my skin is amazing. The only thing I don't like is the price, but it worths it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This one didn't work for me. I got a sample, thank goodness and while it went on okay, it ended up chalky and too pale and I had to wash my face. The formula doesn't agree with my combination skin, I guess.