Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 12/8/2014 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't say a bad thing about this foundation it feels beautiful to apply like water against the skin but it has good coverage without looking cakey at all. (I'd say light/ medium coverage) It isn't ridiculously dewy or shiny either it just makes my skin look radiant from within. I love the smell as well it smells abit florally.
I have normal/combination skin and I prefer wearing it without powder but I just dust over my t zone as I always get slightly oily in that area no matter what!
The price IS steep, However in my opinion your foundation is the most important part in anyone's makeup routine as it's your base and if your skin looks great, you'll look great. So to me the price is just something I'll have to put up with!
At least try this because i think it's amazing and definitely worth the hype!!

on 11/26/2014 2:49:00 AM

To those who love natural no-makeup makeup look, you must try this!!!

i have tried MAC foundation and Faceshop BB cream before and this is my favourite. it blends perfectly into skin and is extremely buildable. it is very light-weighted, feels like second skin, gives my skin a glow and allow my skin's own natural glow to come through. i use chanel le blanc makeup base underneath and the foundation lasts whole day. doesn't oxidise unlike MAC foundation. my skin is oily and after applying, i do look shiny thus powder is needed. does nothing much to pores though. coverage is minimal thus don't expect it to cover blemishes/scar/pimples.

on 11/21/2014 12:49:00 AM

I have the CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA in 12- BEIGE ROSÈ and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It is a good consistency and smells great. The coverage is nice and light and it is easy to apply and refreshing on your face. Definitely worth the money.

on 11/16/2014 10:51:00 PM

Simply the best foundation I've ever tried. Everything I wanted out of Nars Sheer Glow, I found in VA. While SG was such a disappointment (too matte and dull, too drying, poor staying power) VA gives me such a radiant glow, wears well so that it looks even better as the day goes on and the coverage is perfect (decent without masking the skin and hiding it's natural luminosity). This won't hide pimples or redness so I use Mac PLW concealer for that.

on 11/11/2014 9:12:00 PM

I have tried countless foundation products and this is by far my favourite liquid foundation. I have a combination of skin types, oily, sensitive and acne prone but this foundation does really well with my skin type. I have to admit though it wears off so I apply a primer. My skin will always be oily and no foundation will help with that but throughout the day I just set my make-up with the natural matte finish pressed powder by Chanel as well. The bottle lasts me half a year granted that I don't use much. It never looks cakey and it feels fresh. To anyone reading this review, who hasn't tried this foundation, I say try it; it's definitely worth a shot!

on 11/8/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Beautiful natural, fresh, light finish. Perfection. The best. But - terrible staying power. After 3 hours it begins to melt and disappear from the skin - even with primer, powder on top, ud finishing spray. After 5 hours in the office - nothing is left on my skin (i have normal skin). Conclusion: best finish, worst staying power.

on 11/6/2014 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really enjoyed this product - nice light/medium coverage with a light, natural feeling. I dabbed some on my cheeks and blended with a brush for application. It always looked flawless and never cake-y or greasy. I love the light scent, too. It makes me feel so fresh when I use it.

Unfortunately, I am too fair even for the lightest shade of this product. I have NC15 skin and tried using the lightest shade - 12 Beige Rose - and it was still too orangey. It was less noticeable with a good amount of blending, and especially more passable in the summer. But with winter coming on I just can't make it work anymore... I plan on buying this again next spring/summer when I'll be out in the sun more. I will miss it!

Tl;dr - Great product, but not a great option if you're super pale.

on 11/2/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation. Nice medium coverage, looks somewhat skinlike. I find it does settle lines here and there, one particular line between my brows that it settles right into :( I have medium dry skin and I think this is too drying for my skin in the winter. It looks best when i wear it over sunscreen.. I think that just means I need more moisturizing foundation.

on 10/30/2014 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is just beautiful. It smells lovely, feels light and fresh on your skin, and the coverage and finish are just stunning - glowing, but in a natural way, and without imperfections. It glides over dry patches without highlighting them and reduces small pimples and redness to nothing. I bought this for my 21st birthday party and I didn't realise there was SPF in it at the time, but it actually looks gorgeous in photos too - but maybe that's because I'm so pale already I can't tell if there's a white cast! At any rate, it just looks flawless. Easiest, prettiest, most comfortable foundation I've ever used. Staying power is pretty awesome too considering it's not marketed for that! Oil control is average but it stays on in spite of that. Overall just a really beautiful product that is a pleasure to use - and doing your makeup should be a good experience, after all!

on 10/26/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let's get straight onto the review.

CLAIMS:
* easy application.
* lightweight formula achieves "second skin finish".
* luminous glowing "nude" skin.
* and just random off translations...

Claims... well, to be expected, it's very "sensually pleasing to listen to". I guess. The easy application, the lightweight formula, second skin finish, skin that radiates "nude" (I still don't know what that means)? It's done all that.

Except the undiscovered "nude" part...

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.
FEELS: (love) water based products are absolutely lovely and I think this is one of the lightest feeling foundations to the touch.
SMELL: (love) the fragrance of this... smells like any other makeup, but is diluted and slightly floral, old-school. I enjoy it.
TEXTURE: (love) water based, once again, strikes a home ball.
PIGMENTATION: (love) this dries into a sheer finish but it's so buildable! Goes to a medium coverage that covers my under eye circles, veins, redness, and even my blemish marks.
FINISH: (love) natural and radiant just as it claims... lovely as it also doesn't settle into fine lines and masks pores.

APPLICATION: (love) first layer must be with fingers. Sponges and brushes can come after, but for that first layer and when you first put it on the skin, the fingers are your best bet.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Apply over the face using fingers.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:
TIME: (love) surprisingly, this lasts a fairly long time... eight hours before getting my shiny, and with a setting powder, nearly all day...
LOOKS: (love) it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks natural until around this eight hour mark.
WEAR: (eh) like all makeup, it rubs off onto clothing if you scrap, but it's definitely much more stronger than the other BB creams that I have.
REACTION: (eh) nothing bad happened, but nothing good either.
REMOVAL: (eh) fairly easy to remove, but since so much product stays on the skin throughout the day, I always have the double cleanse, using facial wipes prior to my cleansing oil--just in case.

THE PACKAGING:
TRAVEL: (love) plastic makes for easy travel.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the paint bottle is expected, but I feel like from Chanel, they could have done something to make it not so simple.
VANITY: (eh) not the best, but the simplicity of it makes it quite nice.

Very expensive, around fifty dollars.
Even for the price, it's a lovely product and I seriously love it. Flash back in photos? I haven't tried that yet, but since it's a favourite from a lot of makeup artists, I'm assuming it doesn't.
GREAT FOR SHADING. Using 30 Beige around the jawline and on the sides of the nose and it really gives me a three dimensional look!
For makeup: LOVELY.
For skincare: NOT BENEFICIAL, BUT LIGHT AND EASY TO USE.
For dazzling up your vanity?: SIMPLE DESIGN MAKES IT A PLEASANT SIGHT.