Revlon Colourstay in Buff

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.4%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4, Isostearate, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Alumina, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Boron Nitrate, Methicone, Laureth 7, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower (Orchid) Extract, Serica (Silk Powder) (Silk), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tribehenin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

Buff is the perfect colour for very pale skin with neutral/yellow undertones. I apply with a damp beauty blender, the dampness of the sponge means the foundation is a little easier to work with and blends alot better to give a flawless finish. As it is a full coverage foundation, although it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, I have noticed I tend to break out around my chin sometimes after I've worn this foundation. Therefore I use it only for times where I want a full coverage flawless face which will last around 12 hours (I've never worn it longer than that). Aside from the occasional breakout, my only other problem is the lack of pump meaning I can often accidently pour out far more than what I meant to.

I've been wearing Revlon Colorstay in Buff on and off since high school, and I'm now 32. This line has a great color range and I love that there are so many yellow-based shades in the line. The formula does seem to have changed since I first used it, though. I feel as if it is slightly less long-lasting and not as full coverage as it used to be. On the positive side, the smell is less latex paint-y than it was before. I also used to have a problem with the makeup rolling off in peels in oily areas, and now it more subtly breaks down and wears off. Not all-day wearing for me, but still good, and very comfortable to wear.

on 2/26/2013 3:59:00 AM

Overall it is a very good foundation, although it can be tricky to apply if not done properly. It covers really well and stays on all day. My advice would be to apply it in very strong light as it can look awful if not applied well as it tends to dry very quickly and become unspreadable. I have finally found a foundation that suits my skintone as I have a light olive skintone with yellow undertones, most foundations are too orange or pink but this one wasnt. The only thing I would say is that the packaging is awful and it tends to come out in a big rush, it needs a better bottle!! but other than that its fine :)

on 2/6/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to buy this product a couple years ago but got bored and ventured into the high end foundations... big mistake!! I found myself coming back to this foundation because it is the best I have used.
I have oily skin which can be dry in patches and I find that the best way to get a flawless look with this foundation is if you apply moisturiser before and then apply the foundation straight away. I have acne scars and this foundation covers them well and when looking at my face in natural lighting with this foundation on I can see that it truly looks flawless and doesn't settle into lines or patch up anywhere. It does need to be set with a powder otherwise I think it would get oily in places.
I shall not be turning my back on this foundation again as in this case, the saying that you get what you pay for is not true as this is brilliant value!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great coverage, lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation from the high reviews I saw from youtube and how it is compared to MAC studio fix fluid. After using MAC studio fix fluid as my everyday foundation for months, I decided to buy a cheaper foundation. I purchased it for around £12 from Boots whilst in a hurry so I quickly chose a shade I imagined would match my skintone. From my first experience of the foundation I was amazed, my skin looked flawless and matched my skintone perfectly. I was so surprised as I found it so much better than my MAC foundation and now I will continue to use it everyday. The only disadvantage I could say about this foundation is the packaging, a pump would be much more useful. It stays on all day and gives me full coverage. I sometimes get dry skin however the foundation does not show this. I really recommend this foundation to anyone.

on 4/19/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely terrible product if you have acne prone skin. i have very acne prone skin as it is and this foundation just made me break out everywhere after the first 2 uses. it was absoultely horrible. however it did have a nice coverage that didnt look cakey

on 2/13/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've only used this for a week, I used it a few years ago and honestly have no idea why I ever stopped. It's amazing. It's inexpensive (about $9 at walmart). The formula is so light weight, for anyone that thinks it's cakey, I suggest using the normal to dry skin formula. I don't have dry skin, it's definitely combo, but the dry skin formula is a lot nicer than the normal to oily skin one. My skin is NC-15, I picked this up in buff, and most drugstore foundations are too pink for me. if you are NC-15 (or even NC-10 which I was told at MAC I am closer to) Buff is probably your color. Ivory will be too light, and too pink, and probably make you look grey. It's best for NW-15 I'm guessing. I was previously using Chanel aqua vitaluminere in B10 beige pastel, which I liked, but was too drying for the winter, and possibly broke me out. This foundation is so much better IMO, it just makes your skin look really smooth and almost glowing without being dewy or sticky. It hides pores, and does not accentuate blemishes. The coverage is medium so I did need to use concealer over the foundation for some blemishes. My skin is not the best, I have my fair share of acne and scars, but this stuff really does make my face look pretty close to flawless. I do wish this had a pump, it's really irritating to use without one.
Update 6/21 - So I started using the foundation again after wanting to try something different than my mac matchmaster. People started asking if I'd lost weight because the color made the area under my cheekbones look darker, and more hollow. NOT something I wanted. The foundation, though a seemingly decent match, seemed to make my skin look darker, and shadowy. It's unfortunate because this formula is amazing, doesn't cause acne in my sensitive skin, doesn't cake, stays put all day, and has buildable coverage.

on 2/13/2012 1:02:00 AM

Love this. $46.99 per bottle which is quite exspensive. Covers well and stays on all day.

on 1/15/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have very oily skin and this product did not help.
its very heavy and sometimes can be hard to blend into your face, it doesnt look natural when put on and can go a bit orangey.
im sure it has broken me out with spots and once ive put it on im needing to contantly powder my face.
before this i was using MAC studiofix and i changed because it didnt stay on too well and i was needing to powder my face alot.
at the moment im usuing MAX factor lasting performance. this is alot better and you wont need to powder your face as much, still doesnt look quite natural though!