July 30, 2014 | 1940 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Colourstay in Buff

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by honestlymadi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great coverage, lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticsCrush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation from the high reviews I saw from youtube and how it is compared to MAC studio fix fluid. After using MAC studio fix fluid as my everyday foundation for months, I decided to buy a cheaper foundation. I purchased it for around £12 from Boots whilst in a hurry so I quickly chose a shade I imagined would match my skintone. From my first experience of the foundation I was amazed, my skin looked flawless and matched my skintone perfectly. I was so surprised as I found it so much better than my MAC foundation and now I will continue to use it everyday. The only disadvantage I could say about this foundation is the packaging, a pump would be much more useful. It stays on all day and gives me full coverage. I sometimes get dry skin however the foundation does not show this. I really recommend this foundation to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by rhyannac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolutely terrible product if you have acne prone skin. i have very acne prone skin as it is and this foundation just made me break out everywhere after the first 2 uses. it was absoultely horrible. however it did have a nice coverage that didnt look cakey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jacq1985

I've only used this for a week, I used it a few years ago and honestly have no idea why I ever stopped. It's amazing. It's inexpensive (about $9 at walmart). The formula is so light weight, for anyone that thinks it's cakey, I suggest using the normal to dry skin formula. I don't have dry skin, it's definitely combo, but the dry skin formula is a lot nicer than the normal to oily skin one. My skin is NC-15, I picked this up in buff, and most drugstore foundations are too pink for me. if you are NC-15 (or even NC-10 which I was told at MAC I am closer to) Buff is probably your color. Ivory will be too light, and too pink, and probably make you look grey. It's best for NW-15 I'm guessing. I was previously using Chanel aqua vitaluminere in B10 beige pastel, which I liked, but was too drying for the winter, and possibly broke me out. This foundation is so much better IMO, it just makes your skin look really smooth and almost glowing without being dewy or sticky. It hides pores, and does not accentuate blemishes. The coverage is medium so I did need to use concealer over the foundation for some blemishes. My skin is not the best, I have my fair share of acne and scars, but this stuff really does make my face look pretty close to flawless. I do wish this had a pump, it's really irritating to use without one.
Update 6/21 - So I started using the foundation again after wanting to try something different than my mac matchmaster. People started asking if I'd lost weight because the color made the area under my cheekbones look darker, and more hollow. NOT something I wanted. The foundation, though a seemingly decent match, seemed to make my skin look darker, and shadowy. It's unfortunate because this formula is amazing, doesn't cause acne in my sensitive skin, doesn't cake, stays put all day, and has buildable coverage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by helloblob

Love this. $46.99 per bottle which is quite exspensive. Covers well and stays on all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by amber92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have very oily skin and this product did not help.
its very heavy and sometimes can be hard to blend into your face, it doesnt look natural when put on and can go a bit orangey.
im sure it has broken me out with spots and once ive put it on im needing to contantly powder my face.
before this i was using MAC studiofix and i changed because it didnt stay on too well and i was needing to powder my face alot.
at the moment im usuing MAX factor lasting performance. this is alot better and you wont need to powder your face as much, still doesnt look quite natural though!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by LalaLoveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to everyday foundation. I've been using it for a long time now and I still love it! It's got great coverage and the staying power is totally amazing, (but the coverage is definitely not buildable- one light coat is all you need or else it might look a tad cakey) I really needed something that would last all day for school and still look good when I got home, and this works for that completely. I apply his with a damp sponge which works pretty well. It doesn't make my sensitive skin break out, so that's a definite plus! I use the colour 150 buff, which is a tiny bit too dark for my very fair skin in the winter time..not a surprise..its hard to find a shade in any foundation that works for me, but this is very close. :)
The packaging is very nice in appearance- it's simple and I love that the jar is glass but it would be nice if it had a pump!
I'll keep repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, credit where it's due, this is a fab foundation. I was using the shade Ivory before but it made my skin look pallid, grey and washed out, and didn't really cover my acne scarring because of it, but then I heard that Buff was the shade for those of us who are NC15, so I gave it a try.
The shade of this is marvellous. I wandered off to use Healthy Mix for a while because I wanted a better shade match, and while it's a great foundation in other ways, it doesn't provide enough coverage for me when my skin is playing up. Discovering Buff bought me back to Colorstay. It's a nice yellow based shade and makes my skin look great. It evens it out and the formula is a little bit buildable so I can cover my red bits further. The result is a perfectly matte face. I use a bit of concealer on my spots and set it with Maybelline Dream Matte powder.
It stays put brilliantly. I might touch up half way through the day, but my skin feels comfortable with no greasy skin feeling as can often happen.
Overall, if you are a pale oily girl, you should try this. It's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by RubyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite drug-store brand foundation. We get it here for around AU$25 a bottle. The colour range is excellent though be really careful when you choose your shade because I found that it oxodizes on my skin after a few hours of wear if I'm a shade too dark.
The packaging is awful, a screw top lid on a glass bottle is never a good idea with foundations, it makes it hard to use it all up and you end up throwing heaaaaps of product away at the end. Overall, if I'm in need of foundation and don't have the money for MAC, I go for this one because of it's staying power, coverage, and price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Christina09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my new HG foundation. I'm a MAC (NC20) user mostly because of my discount however after reading reviews on here about this foundation I decided to give it a try and it was on sale for 40% off at Pharma. I am so glad I tried it!!! The coverage is great, I have blotchy red skin and this covers everything and makes my skin look even. I agree with some others that you have to work with it quickly before it settles onto your skin. As for the packaging I don't mind that there isn't a pump and have mastered the perfect amount that I need to use so no product is wasted. If you are looking for a new foundation I would give this a try. Will definitely be buying again.