November 27, 2014 | 1435 users online

Liquid - Sonia Kashuk - Perfecting Luminous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

GREAT for supple looking skin, with just enough coverage. Been using this for a few years! Lucky for me I have oily skin and this is one of the most natural looking foundations with coverage I've ever used! I'm NC 35-40 olive tone and nearly impossible to match. This is the best match I've EVER found. Buff for NC30-35, Bamboo for NC35-40 - I often blend Buff and Bamboo, apply with an EcoTools kabuki brush, and look like my face has been air-brushed. It NEVER gets cakey, and wears well for 12 hours easily. I might powder my nose 1x day, but I don't find it bad for oily skin as others have said. I live in the Caribbean now - ULTRA ULTRA high humidity - and it wears better than MAC and Neutrogena foundations. Lets my natural glow shine through, but does cover up occasional break outs with concealer and powder. I always use Neutrogena Mineral powder over it, and the results are great for me. Price is right for $10.99. I see my face in photos and am shocked my skin looks that supple and great! And my skin is not my strong point! TRY IT!!!
UPDATE 12/7/13 - STILL AMAZING! In cold, dry climate for now and I use just a touch of Neutrogena Mineral Powder over my t-zone and wow, hours later I still look fresh. Please try it for dewy, fresh, natural looking skin. Only $10.99 at Target!
UPDATE 4/5/14 - I just went back to this after a 4 month break 'cause I ran out, and my skin looks so great again! I swear, Buff makes my skin look like it's glowing from within. Other foundations I use at times are good, but this one's FANTASTIC!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lettyb76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good foundation with medium coverage to blend over my sunscreen. The foundations I previously used were looking cakey with the sunscreen. I have oily, sensitive skin with mild eczema and brown spots from the sun. This foundation works for me very well. On my brown spots I use concealer first because this foundation has light coverage. Even though I would prefer it to have a little more coverage, I still really like this foundation. It helps to even out my blotchiness, yet it looks like I'm not wearing makeup. I also like the fact that I was able to find my shade. I have light olive skin and sometimes it's hard to find a foundation that doesn't make my face look pink all over. This foundation matches my color exactly. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by tisawonderfullife

I have been using this product in the color Buff for a few days now and have to say I am shocked at how amazing it is for me and am absolutely in love. I have oily skin and continue to suffer from acne. Every foundation I have used prior always broke me out, including Lancome Tient Miracle, which was my previous HG foundation, that is until I found this SK foundation that has taken that spot. The staying power is really good. As I said, I have oily skin. In addition, I wear glasses 24/7 and the biggest peeve I had with any foundation I tried was that it would clump up on the bridge of my nose due to my glasses being pushed back and forth. I'd have to visit the bathroom every few hours to make sure I didn't have two greasy lines of foundation on the sides of my nose bridge. I haven't had this issue with this foundation. The coverage I would say is medium but it does not feel heavy. I stipple it on and it blends in extremely well. In addition, this color is perfect for my skin tone. I will not be using any other foundation from here on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by AngelaLK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is DEFINITELY luminous. So much that it's completely unsuitable for people with combination or oily skin.

It also casts a white glow in photos. I pictured myself with no flash, flash, and sunlight with my Canon 60D and I looked ghostly in all - foundation only ... no powders or concealer.

I would LOVE the product if the two factors above were not so. They obviously make it unwearable.

It provides nice low/medium coverage; it evens out the skin very nicely but you'll definitely need concealer. Not really an issue for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So...I'm still not completely sure what to think of this foundation. Been using for a couple of weeks now, and this is the conclusion I have thus far.. Coverage: only light to medium, which for me is a con because I like medium to full. And with this foundation it seems the more you put on, the cakier it will look. Application: I normally apply my liquid foundation with a stippling brush because I love the coverage it gives and makeup tends to look flawless. However, with this foundation, once applied with brush it did not look like it spread out evenly, so I then had to rub it in with my fingers (method I now use). Not a huge deal, I just find it looks more even and less cakey when applied with fingers. Shade: this is my favorite part about the makeup. It has a nice yellow undertone to it. And being interracial I have a very yellow undertone which makes it hard to match foundation at times. Shade selection: Not a huge one, but once again, not a huge deal for me, since I was able to find a matching color (Cream). Package: I personally like the bottle the foundation comes in. Simple, has a pump. That's all I need. Wear of foundation: I know it's supposed to have that "glowy" look to it once applied, and I suppose it does when I first put it on. But throughout the day, my face starts to look more oily than dewey/glowy. And I don't have oily skin. Price: It has a pretty decent price, but there's not a lot of product in the bottle. Again, not a huge deal since I don't use it everyday. So it will probably last me a while anyway. There are some definite PROS to this foundation as well as CONS. I'm still playing around with it to see if I can make it work more in my favor (ex, trying setting powder on top to see if it diminishes the oily look) Will update review in a couple of weeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Darloony01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to foundation. I use it with sonia kashuk pointy foundation brush and it goes on so smooth and set it with the translucent powder. Sometimes I set it with neutrogena powder foundation for an extra flawless finish. Easy to blend and work with. I have combination oil skin and it works fine for me. I also have big pores and starting to get fine lines. I love this foundation 'cuz it doesn't set the lines nor emphasizes my large pores. I do use primer under with this foundation. The coverage is light to medium and is build-able. Covers my scars but lets my freckles peak through. For sure is not matte, but if set with powder a natural matte finish which I like most. I would buy def buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

THIS IS not for OILY SKIN TYPES..
AGAIN NOT FOR OILY SKIN GIRLS..

GREAT packaging. you wont waste a drop of product there...
IMMEDIATELY this gave me a sheen, i like my face matte, smart of me to get a luminous tyoe foundation right? well I NEVER tried SK before (only her brushes) but overall coverage was nice.. the sheen is a negative!!!!!
maybe that benefits girls with perfect dry skin.. but thats not me..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

The container is okay. I don't care for it 'cause it's hard and you can't see the product you're getting (or how little's left). I like it's a pump though so that explains the 3 for the packaging. I gave it 2 for price. It's not bad for drugstore since there are some a bit more expensive but it's not the cheapest. The product itself just sucks. I bought the lightest color and it was a hair too light. At first when applying my face was whiter. Then it matched my skin. The coverage to this is light to non-existent. It feels like you're putting sunscreen on and then it is gone. I had this on for a few hours and then took a nap. I woke up to no make-up on. In store there was a bottle already opened (by another customer) that I tried out. It was much darker and it seemed like this product only colored the skin but didn't cover anything. I want light-medium to medium coverage. With that being said I wouldn't even suggest this to anyone. I guess if it makes you feel better putting this on when you have perfect skin...go for it?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only things I like about this foundation is the yellow-based aspect and the natural looking coverage. Flattering colors for yellow toned skin. The cons: I had to buy three different shades to find the right color because Target doesn't carry any testers. This foundation was too greasy for my already oily skin, and even with powder, it still felt very sticky. The worst part of this is that it made my skin breakout (cystic acne) after wearing just one time. I tried it another day just to make sure I wasn't applying too much, and my skin started to feel itchy 10 minutes after applying a thin layer. I tried returning to Target, but they wouldn't let me. 40 bucks down the drain. I really wish they had testers like they do for some of their other higher end makeup brands. I found some other great yellow-based drugstore makeup brands that I will add to my reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Cream, because Buff was sold out at Target. I was a little nervous as it looks like it might be more peachy, but rest assured it comes out of the tube a true yellow. I'm half asian with light-medium skin tone, most products are either too light or too dark or too pink, but this seems to blend in and correct redness. Since it's light-medium coverage, if you're off on your shade you should be alright. I have to catch a train in the morning to go to work so I'm always rushing to do my makeup, and what I love about this stuff is that I can just pat it on after moisturizing and I don't have to prime, buff it in, or rub it out of lines or pores for it to look good.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the stickyness of the foundation. It feels kind of unpleasant on for the first 30 mins. I usually dust it with Neutrogena mineral compact powder.

It definitely has a scent, but it's not that bad and wears off after you apply it.

I bought this while I was on accutane and every product seemed to settle into dry skin and pores like crazy. This stuff did the trick- I recommend for winter use as it's not drying and handles the flakies well. Since my medication stopped my skin from producing oil I didn't have to worry about breaking out from it. So if you have sensitive/oily skin you may want to be careful, I suspect it would be a bit too thick for you.