September 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by eViLAnGeL18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. I have oily skin and this really does a great job of cleaning (without drying out my skin), so it is not harsh at all. The best part is that it is affordable (I think around $15 Canadian) for quite a large pump bottle and can be purchased at drugstores, Wal-Mart, etc. It is pleasant smelling and lathers/foams nicely (I use it with my Clarisonic device). I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a facial cleanser that is gentle on oily, senisitive skin, this is the one.....that is the best facial cleanser I have bought in a long while...and the price is great too...highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by BCP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this, tried everything under the sun.
It's a great cleanser if you're looking at making your skincare routine very basic, it won't cure anything but it doesn't irritate or make anything worse. :) which is a big plus for me.

If you're wondering wether to buy the hydrating or foaming- I've tried both and I actually find the hydrating more irritating and I get scaly patches while using it, and it burns my skin a little. I find the foaming more effective and gentle!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by beeluxi

This product is my HG cleanser. After recommendation from the subreddit Skin Care Addiction I purchased this and have not looked back. This product has helped my adult onset acne clear up and is gentle yet effective at removing all makeup/impurities. One bottle will last me 2-3 months with twice daily usage and compares or exceeds all expectations of what a high-quality cleanser should be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by andonthatnote

Absolutely love this after removing my makeup with olive oil! Effective without being harsh, and completely unscented. I follow immediately with the Cerave PM lotion and my skin has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this cleanser. It's very effective at removing my makeup, although I usually use Dermalogica's Precleanse first. I like that you can twist the pump to lock it, which is hygienic if you keep your cleanser in the bathroom where there's moisture. It has very good ingredients in it like hyaluronic acid and ceramides which keep your skin's acid mantle intact. It does not make my skin feel tight at all or oily. I follow with Dermalogica's Active Moist moisturizer (for oily skin) and my skin feels refreshed, I haven't broken out and my hyperpigmentation spots seem to be fading a little bit.

The only negative-- which won't deter me from buying this, is that it stings a lot if you accidentally get it in your eyes. No big deal because it really is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Great cleanser, removes all of my makeup and I never break out when I use it. Love the pump bottle and the large size. Took off one lippie because it does give me dry patches (I have oily skin too) in the winter. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by elijes

My HG cleanser - gentle but effective, full of good ingredients (ceramides, niacinide, etc.) but does not irritate sensitive skin. I have had bad reactions to many a cleanser but this one has only made my skin better.

I remove my makeup/sunscreen with mineral oil before using it so I cannot attest to its makeup removing abilities but it gets all the oil off my face beautifully and my skin feels soft after!

It is a tiny bit drying in the wintertime but nothing a good moisturizer can't fix.

Will probably repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by vangoghhomeyouredrunk

I had patchy acne for years before using this product. It wasn't terrible, pizza-face acne that needed a face covered in foundation to leave the house, but it was annoying and I had 5-7 spots to cover up daily. When one spot started to disappear, a few more would pop up. I had been using Cetaphil before this product, along with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and Olay moisturizer. My boyfriend had been using CeraVe products and he has great skin, and I liked the way it made my skin feel after using it at his house, so I bought a bottle of foaming facial cleanser and moisturizer (I now also have the SPF 30 daytime moisturizer, which is expensive for a small bottle, so I just use it when I'm playing sports or outside for a while). My face almost never breaks out now, and when it does, it's not that bad. The zits go away within a couple of days and aren't very noticeable.

This product lasts forever. I bought a bottle about three months ago and I'm not even half-way done with it yet. You don't need a full pump to get your foam on.

Also, if you're having trouble with pimples, make sure you don't let the shower stream run over your face. It's rough on the skin and can make you break out!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

I'm torn between this and the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle foaming cleanser. They're both so great for dry months. I would probably choose this over the other due to the ceramides it contains. My derm sells this at the office, but you can buy it anywhere for under $13. It's always out of stock at Target & Walmart, so that should tell you something.