November 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Replaced Purity
I used Purity for years, then I started my search for a cleanser that I could pick up at the drug store. I tried this cleanser after reading all of the great reviews, and they are right. This is a great, gently cleanser. It removes my makeup without stripping my skin. I have been using this product for a few years now, and I never even consider trying anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by 13btg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser! I've been using it for about a year I think, and its the best I have tried so far. I have acne prone skin and I have tried sooo many face cleansers but gave up and used a bar soap for a few months because I was horrified of experimenting with face cleansers since they have either break me out or they're just too harsh for my face (one of the many cleansers was so harsh that it burnt my face and left it red for days!!). But the bar soap was drying my skin a lot so I decided to give this a try. This product leaves my face soft and clean, although I do have to use three pumps when I'm wearing makeup, two is enough but i use three jussttt to make sure. It doesnt make as much foam though, but it still gets your face clean. It doesnt dry my skin out and I also noticed my breakouts reduced drastically after I switched to cerave cleanser. I love it, I will keep buying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, i wanted to love this product. My mom uses all CeraVe products with great success. She has beatufil, glowing skin. She use the PM and AM moisturizer and both of the cleansers. I was having a bit of a bout with my skin in the last year and i just wasn't happy with my skincare routine. I was using and Olay cleanser and Neutrogena scrub and moisturizer. My skin just wasn't doing well. So i decided to try the whole CeraVe line. I used the foaming cleanser at night with the PM moisturizer and the hydrating cleanser in the morning. Everything was conveniently already in our bathroom b/c as i said my mom uses all of it and swears by it. After about a week or 2 of using everything my skin just didn't look good. I was getting little whiteheads and bumps everywhere and weirdly enough, my skin got more red and dry.....i thought these products were suppose to be gentle??? Anyways, long story short i was unsatisfied with my skin at that time and the CeraVe line. I think i may also be allergic to niacinamide or something else in it. Im not saying this is true for everyone because it works AMAZINGLY for my moms skin..has helped her breakouts and wrinkles...maybe it will work for you maybe it won't...but i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by griggs42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love CeraVe! This foaming cleanser is fantastic. It cleanses my skin without drying it out, and it just feels really nice massaging it on my face. The bottle is quite large for a reasonable price (around $15.00) but it lasts so long it's a steal. I love the helpful ingredients while still being a basic cleanser, so my skin doesn't react to it. I used this a while back, and I'll never know why I strayed. My oily, acne ridden skin actually looks presentable with just a tiny bit of powder because of CeraVe. My only gripe? I wish they had a smaller size so I could travel with it easily. Such a lovely product! I pray CeraVe never reformulates.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yikes wow. Dry skin and "harsh" bumps. Any foaming agent is a big problem for me.
I tried it for two days, and my skin looked dry, dull and I had little red dermatitis bumps under/around nasolabial area and around the eyes (yes, that's dermatitis, if you experience this you are allergic to ___ product) I loathe the little dermatitis bumps because they take forever to go away, and since they're not pimples, they can't be treated the same way or they just get worse. If that happens to me, all I can do is wash with h2o for a week and wait. No makeup. And I have melasma AND vitiligo and I'm well over 30.in other words, I sometimes take gambles with products that cost me a "good face" for a week.
Sure, my face felt clean, and it rinsed off well. It's not for me though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by eViLAnGeL18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. I have oily skin and this really does a great job of cleaning (without drying out my skin), so it is not harsh at all. The best part is that it is affordable (I think around $15 Canadian) for quite a large pump bottle and can be purchased at drugstores, Wal-Mart, etc. It is pleasant smelling and lathers/foams nicely (I use it with my Clarisonic device). I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a facial cleanser that is gentle on oily, senisitive skin, this is the one.....that is the best facial cleanser I have bought in a long while...and the price is great too...highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by BCP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this, tried everything under the sun.
It's a great cleanser if you're looking at making your skincare routine very basic, it won't cure anything but it doesn't irritate or make anything worse. :) which is a big plus for me.

If you're wondering wether to buy the hydrating or foaming- I've tried both and I actually find the hydrating more irritating and I get scaly patches while using it, and it burns my skin a little. I find the foaming more effective and gentle!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by beeluxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is my HG cleanser. After recommendation from the subreddit Skin Care Addiction I purchased this and have not looked back. This product has helped my adult onset acne clear up and is gentle yet effective at removing all makeup/impurities. One bottle will last me 2-3 months with twice daily usage and compares or exceeds all expectations of what a high-quality cleanser should be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by andonthatnote

Absolutely love this after removing my makeup with olive oil! Effective without being harsh, and completely unscented. I follow immediately with the Cerave PM lotion and my skin has never felt better!