Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/22/2014 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my HG mascara. I love the volume it gives my lashes. I have decently thick and long lashes, so I find that most mascaras make my lashes look too separated, which makes them look like they have less volume than they would with nothing on. I think this is a great mascara if the main thing you're looking for is volume.

on 12/21/2014 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the clump-crusher by CG, so I figured I'd give this Volume one a try. Was a big disappointment. Didn't really hold a curl on my lashes. Keeps clumping up every time I use it. Smudges easily if I try using it on my bottom lashes. And doesn't have much staying power, 3 hours at the most before it just fades/wears out. It also dries out really fast, the little tube only lasted 2 months before all the product was unusable. I won't be buying this again.

on 12/21/2014 9:33:00 PM

I am a lash junkie - and like any junkie, too much of something can be your downfall. I went from being able to use almost an mascara and being asked if my lashes were real to craving really, really long lashes and going the extensions route. I tried just about every extension system out there and let's just say after 7 years of wearing extensions, there isn't much left of the real thing. So this past year has been a rebuilding year. I initially fell in love with the Revlon Grow Luscious formula in the sparkly looking green and purple tube (not the original formula, the upgraded one). I love the brush and the buildable volume, but after 2 or 3 tubes, it either stopped working for me, I got a bad tube, or my lashes just no longer like it. It now does nothing for me, so I needed to move on. I had tried the green tube version of this CG mascara years ago when it first came out and thought it was pathetic, so I was very hesitant to try this. I'm sorry I waited so long, this stuff is awesome! It's a mascara that you can build some seriously heavy volume with, so it's not for the faint of heart or someone who wants "natural" looking lashes (which I certainly don't). The formula is a dark glossy black, and it comes off easily enough at night. After I wash my face there is usually some left on my cheeks and under eyes and one sweep of a cotton pad with some baby oil takes it right off. The silcone brush bristles really can grab every last pathetic little lash I have and heap the product on. My only complaint, and I seriously wish they would fix this because then this mascara would literally corner the volume market, is the circumference of the brush: it's way too big and serves no useful purpose. Just because the diameter of a brush is huge doesn't mean it's going to give huge volume, it just makes it harder to work with, especially in the corners. The bristle composition and placement, coupled with the formula, is what's making the volume happen. So I really wish they would just downsize the brush a little and then this mascara would be perfect. If you have skinny little lashes like I do, this mascara is a definite must. And at such a cheap price point, it's definitely a re-buy.

on 12/16/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this mascara a few years ago and I wasn't impressed. Back then I wasn't using lash primer which makes a world of difference with my lashes. (short, very thin, Asian lashes)
I picked up a tube as it was on sale to see how it would perform with a lash primer and I must say the results are much better.
I don't get the thick lashes that I do when I use Voluminous but Lash Blast doesn't clump like Voluminous can. Overall, the result is reasonably long lashes with decent volume.
I like the 'winged' look this mascara gives me as well.

Staying power is very good although removal takes a bit of effort but it's nothing like trying to remove waterproof mascara.
I can't miss the orange tube in my makeup bag either. (maybe Cover Girl can make the tube a bit smaller?)

Would I repurchase? Most likely.

EDIT to add: this mascara seems to fade by the end of the day. Maybe it's the wax in the list of ingredients and while I still like this mascara, I'm changing the rating to 3.5 lipsticks because a mascara should last all day

on 12/15/2014 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I remember loving this mascara when I first tried it a couple years ago. I purchased it again recently and I'm just not feeling the love. I really love the lash blast clump crusher -- for the non-clumping and separation alone -- and this wand kind of does the same, but it has zero wow factor. It does give me volume if I wiggle that humongous brush right into my lash line. It just doesn't perform as good as some others I've tried.

on 12/14/2014 8:49:00 PM

My favorite mascara of all time and I've tried at least 25 mascaras. Better than benefit they're real better than any high end. highly recommended.

on 12/14/2014 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My new favourite mascara!

This mascara gives beautiful volume, fanned out lashes, no clumps. Doesn't feel heavy or goopy like some other mascaras. One coat does the job! My only complaint is that the brush is awkward to hold, thus knocking off one star.

on 12/11/2014 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG mascara! So, so good. I use the washable version because I like being able to wash of my mascara very, very easily at the end of a long day. I have one coat of this on every single time I go out. It does the job really well. When it's a special occasion I build it up by putting on another coat. When I do this people always ask me if I have falsies on!

In all honesty I have naturally curved and relatively long and thick lashes, so a lot of mascaras usually work for me. But this one just beats all that I've used so far. It is easy to apply, doesn't smudge or run at all, buildable, comes in waterproof and washable versions, evens my eyelashes out nicely, and doesn't damage my lashes or cause them to fall.

This mascara is the queen of drugstore mascaras. Probably the only bad thing about it is how inaccessible it is where I'm from (I always buy it online), and how tacky the orange packaging is. Yikes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

like any teenage girl, I am forever looking for my perfect mascara. I have tried over 10 different types, brands and styles in the last 1-2 years, and this is my favourite so far! my lashes are naturally thin and light with little to no volume. this mascara works perfectly for me! it makes my lashes noticeably darker, and adds volume, but unfortunately not much length. I like the brush, because it is different, but still looks simple (not to over-the-top!) I mean, I wear this almost every day to school, so I wouldn't want anything too dramatic! however, I think the handle is a little awkward (maybe a little too big) but it is still very easy to apply. the mascara itself is a little too creamy in my opinion, but unfortunately starts to flake badly in 7-8 hours. I think that isn't so bad because, honestly, once I get home from school I just do homework anyways so I don't really care what I look like ha ha ha! finally, at the end of the day it is very easy to remove (I use balea oil-free eye-makeup remover.) Overall, I really enjoy using this product and would recommend it to anyone!

on 11/15/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My absolute favorite drugstore mascara. Gives dept store brands a run for the money. Very effective stuff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials