April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by amenis

I absolutely love this finishing powder. I have been using it for a few years. I've tried other products and they simply did not compare. This product is very light but can get too powdery if you apply heavily.

I actually use a little brush or powder buff to press in the powder into my pores after I apply my foundation. IT WORKS MIRACLES. Sometimes I will dust it all over my face but when used for on the spot "fill in"...it's amazing.

A little press here and there and I stay matte all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This powder is extremely finelly milled and fine. Upon initial application the skin looks soft and pores are diffused. I have huge pores and some acne scarring on my cheeks and this didnt cling on or make those appear any worse. Although it mattifies the skin it doesnt leave a chalky appearance instead I would describe it as a lovely satin finish. I have very combination skin with some dry patches. I applied this over my NARS sheer glow foundation. Initially this looked great like a soft focus lens over my base but after about an hour and a half I turned into a greasy faced mess! I think anyone speaking to me could see their reflection in my forehead. It would have been better to just not powder at all which I've done and have not gotten anywhere near this shiny. I saw a picture taken when wearing this (it was my sisters birthday) and OMG embarassing, the shine. Another downfall for me is the price $28 for .16 oz is a bit extravagant. That ends up being approximately $175 per ounce! Most loose powders come in 1 oz quantities such as the LM translucent powder...Nars is 1.35 oz. Chanel 1 oz. The packagins is cute and the stopper over the vents is a good idea but mine still leaked out a little. I am returning this ASAP. Not worth the extravagant price. The initial appearance is lovely but I would have to carry this and reapply to maintain tha appearance and at $175 an ounce no can do!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Mommyandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How I tried it: (1) Under foundation as a primer; (2) As a powder to set makeup.

Temporary effects: Foundation looks "set" and satiny.

Long-term results: Skin started to itch horribly after about an hour--I wanted to claw my face off. I also noticed 4 new breakouts on my chin where I had applied the powder. Were the breakouts from a sensitizing ingredient, from unrelated hormonal changes, or because it caused me to touch my face more frequently throughout the day? All I know is that my skin was great the week before and now I have major spots to conceal. Thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried: LM translucent setting powder, rimmel stay matte, chantecaille loose powder, other finishing powders. I still get oil break through or look shiny after 4 hours, needing to apply more powder :/

I think primed and poreless is amazing. I work at a makeup counter and this product leaves my makeup looking fresh like from the morning. I hate looking shiny or "extra dewy" so this fits the bill perfect.

How I use it: I use foundation first Benefit Hello Flawless liquid in Ivory, then use a puff with Primed and Poreless all over my face, pat pat pat. Finish all the rest of my makeup. Don't use this as a touch up powder, you wont need it, and it'll make you look all white and powdery. Use it to set your makeup and that's it. You'll look beautiful all day!! And until the next morning if you havent washed your face ;)

I experienced no itching, allergies, or reactions.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I tried this in the shop, and it didn't do anything at all for my pores - very disappointing, glad I didn't buy it. I can't understand why it's got such good reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by euroazia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this on my face as a primer (just the areas where my pores are visible, not the whole face) then my liquid foundation, then put it on over foundation as a setting powder.
My pores dissappear. It's pretty awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is great for setting foundation but I agree with the other reviewers here that it is so finely milled it flies in the air even as you put the brush down to it. Definitely not for carrying around in you bag as powder will be everywhere when you unscrew the cap. However, this powder is so effective that I have only had to apply it once and no touch ups were necessary for the rest of the day. My t-zone can get shiney and this powder keeps me matte with a very natural finish (no powdery/white cast).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does a nice job of setting my foundation and controlling shine. I do not like it as a primer, though. It really did nothing for me. It can be a bit messy, as the powder is very finely milled so it gets everywhere during appliation. I think this is just okay and I will probably search for a new setting powder once I've finished this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I would buy this powder again, simply because there are so many really good setting powders out there and I've got 3 or 4 of them. Having said that, Primed and Poreless does a beautiful job of setting foundation and leaving your skin looking flawless and really poreless without looking artificially powdery. I also really like it for setting my under-eye concealer. I do find, however, that it sort of flies and fluffs everywhere when I'm applying it, no matter what brush or puff I use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been battling oily skin all my life and it has not stopped even into my 40s. The Skin Board recommened Primed & Poreless. I already use Too Faced's powder foundation so I didn't hesitate to try this. I love it. It's HG for oil control. Finally, something that actually works and I don't mean just for an hour or two. Yes, the powder is very, very fine and will billow up, up and away if you aren't careful, but the sifter packaging gives you control over how much you use. I apply this under my Too Faced powder foundation with Too Faced's powder pouf brush. My face isn't left with a white cast. In fact, I can't even see it. It's like magic for my skin. My skin looks good. I think the primer is pricey, but I don't mind pricey if a product works and this product works. I will continue to buy.