July 29, 2014 | 2047 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade NC40.

Application: Can be tricky - it dries too fast for fingers, and a sponge soaks up too much product. After trying many different brushes, I have found that the Ecotools buffing brush gives the best and most natural looking coverage. I use two pumps (on the back of my hand) and then dot it over an area of face, blend out with brush, and then move on to next area. It dries fairly fast, and if you do not have super oily skin you do not need to set it with a powder.

Coverage: It is a medium coverage, long-lasting foundation with a matte-satin finish. I would compare coverage to the Revlon Colorstay, but not as good as the Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have been told this is "buildable" coverage, but I can't see that happening without it looking cakey. I can still see some of my acne scars through one layer of this, and so I use my Estee Lauder concealer over the top on days when I want a full coverage.

Performance: It is fairly long lasting (maximum I have worn it for is 12 hours), but I still find that I can get a bit oily around my nose/T-zone after a few hours. It is also not a pain to remove at the end of the day either, and I can't say it has broken me out thus far (3 weeks).

Shade Match: The actual shade match is probably the best I've ever had out of all the foundations I've ever tried, but this is down to having a good sales consultant. What I do not like however, is that not all of the concealers come in all of the foundation shades.

Price & Packaging: Price was steep, but normal for NZ standards ($70), and while the packaging is good (it comes with a pump, unlike Studio Fix Fluid) I don't like the fact that the nozzle is exposed. But that is just me being picky.

OVERALL: Good medium coverage foundation, fairly long lasting foundation. Pricey, but would buy again just for the shade match and lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Nc15 matches me perfectly. At first glance in the bottle it looks way too yellow bu t when it sets it's great. I use my beauty blender and I look airbrushed! I've been going through a foundation phase where I was trying different ones daily and when I was at work I'd see myself in mirror (I'm a hair dresser) and this one continues to impress me. No break down, great finish. I do use a primer and powder, but still this is my HG! I will continue to purchase. Fyi this nc15 is slightly darker than studio sculpt and studio fix fluid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

So first things first, after reading reviews I saw that they were all over the board with its suitability for dry skin, oily skin, combination skin etc. I'm not sure why but when you go into Mac you'll see that only some of the prolong wear liquids have SPF, while others don't. So if you had trouble with oil control and staying power with this product it might be for that reason. I would try one without the SPF. (I have combination skin and have no problem with oil control with this)
My experience with this foundation, it is the best I have ever found because...
-It is the PERFECT shade match for me. I use NC25, and I really like the yellow undertones. I can also wear this color in the winter when I am pale, and easily in the summer by just adjusting with some bronzer. It's so versatile
-The coverage is perfect and natural. By natural I don't mean that it is sheer, but rather makes you look like your skin is naturally flawless
-Staying power is amaze!
-Never causes breakouts

I have used Mac studio fix and this is definitely much lighter feeling and less matte, but very comparable coverage wise.
I apply by pumping directly onto my Tarte Kabuki foundation brush and working in sections. I follow with GloMinerals Redness Relief powder or Mac Careblend. It takes a little longer to completely dry/set so I would recommend waiting 10-15 min before applying the powder/bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by litllemakeuplover

This stuff is great! I really does wear for a long time like it claims. When I first got this I freaked out a little because I'm NC15 so I got it in NC15 and it looked kind of orange for some reason. I put it on thought and you couldn't even tell though, it matched perfectly. My skin has a tendency to go a little oily as the day goes on but this foundation stays fairly matte through it all. I think that this foundation is medium coverage, not full coverage like some claim it is. Oddly enough, it doesn't transfer--like at all. That's something I had a problem with when I used Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl Outlast, I would get oily and the foundation would wear off in certain spots. I probably use a blot sheet one or two times tops throughout the day when using this. The key to applying this foundation is working quickly in sections. Don't dot it all over your face at once. I also love the fact that there is a pump!

Only downsides to this is that you can feel this foundation sitting on top of your skin when you are wearing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I really wanted to love this foundation. However, it looks so thick and cakey no matter how I apply it. It also caused my acne prone skin to go bananas. It also feels quite sticky, even after being set with a powder. Ew.The color match is spot on, which is why I hate to give such a negative review, but this foundation just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've never been interested in purchasing mac foundations simply because i never wanted to spend over $15 on a foundation. however, i started to get really unhappy with the drugstore foundations i was using (revlon, covergirl, etc.) not being the right undertone (most of them are pink while i am yellow). so i decided to give mac pro longwear a shot since i've heard that mac has a great variety of colors for all skin tones. i was so happy to find out that NC 35 was my perfect match! however, after 2-3 weeks of using it i started to break out like crazy around my chin area. also, the sales associate had told me that this foundation would work great with oily skin, but it surely didnt. i felt like a total grease ball just after 2 hours. i eventually gave my foundation to my cousin. what a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an NC35 and this is my go to foundation. I've never had one that was so reliable. I want something that will look a tad more natural with the same results but I have yet to find one. It leaves my combo skin very nice, without oiling up in my tzone very easily. I know it lasts all day, and doesn't cause me to break out. I use this alone or brush the powder foundation on my tzone to set it. Also, the packaging is nice because it has a pump, it stayed pretty clean through out the entire time I've owned it. I jus finished my first bottle and I'm scrambling around because it's a part of my beauty regime I'm missing right now! I am searching a more natural one with no luck. Even if I find one, I will still need this foundation for nights I need to look my best or need long lasting coverage. I love it. And miss it! And need to get more ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Shelby327

This foundation covers EVERYTHING! I don't even need to use concealer with it. I apply it with my Sigma F80 at 5:30am (and it looks absolutely flawless) and when I get home around 10pm it's still perfect! I only touch it up once or twice a day with MAC's blotting powder to control my oil. I'm on my 4th(or 5th bottle) now and I don't plan on switching foundations any time soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Amberburrows

- This foundation gives a natural finish - achieves medium coverage (need to apply concealer to major blemishes) and covers redness - sticky consistency, dries quickly therefore best application method is fingers or beauty blender, blending can be a bit tricky - creates white cast in flash photography - best for oily/ combo skin may be drying for dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by PedoMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first time for me to find the perfect match color in foundation. it feels like I have "holy mother of god, this is awesome" time.

My skin condition is sensitive, easily to break out, so oily (I live in Indonesia, with very hot temperature), and uneven skin tone. though this time around I don't have a lot of acne to cover up, but I do need to cover for my hyper pigmentation.

First time use it I expect it'll set quickly, but it doesn't. it doesn't have smell (to me), and it has medium to full coverage (I usually have 2 pumps, and it's enough to cover all the imperfections on my skin), and has matte finish. What impressed me is that it really is hold up my oily skin really well. I usually wear it for like more than 8 hours, and I still looking matte after 4-5 hours wear. and as the time goes by, it becomes slightly oily but the result makes me looks natural dewy and not oil slick! I looove it <3
and oh, I actually don't wear any primer underneath. (the primer breaks me out :'( )

Pros:
- long wearing
- holds up oil really well (it has matte finish)
- doesn't have smell
- easy to blend
- great color range
- doesn't break me out
- packaging have lock, so it's travel friendly

Cons:
- None. I don't have anything to complain so far. some people will say the price, but I think the price is quite reasonable with all the pros that it has, and the satisfaction that i got.

love this foundation!