December 21, 2014 | 1616 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by xxKerplunk80xx

This foundation is everything I have been looking for! I needed something that wasn't going to slide off my face in work and no other liquid foundation seemed to be doing the job, the others seemed to slide or just fade. This one is quick drying (to stay in place) so you gotta be on your toes while applying it. Blends perfectly and will not budge, longest it has stayed for me is 14 hours, i top it up with transclusent powder to avoid a shiny forehead. I love it and would definitely recommend it xx

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tquirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product today! The girls as MAC did my makeup for me and i ended up buying pro long wear! I got the colour NW22 as i tan in winter and my skin goes quite dark in summer! The foundation doesnt feel thick when i wear it, and it covers up all my pores. It stays on all day/night and it takes a bit to get it off your face because it really is long wearing!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sabripereira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolute love my MAC foundations. My skin is acne prone and very sensitive, so if I put on the wrong product it is certain I will break out. And MAC never disappoints, it actually makes my skin look better when I wear it (it must suck out some excess oil or something, I swear it's like a skin treatment for me).

For a long time I used the studio fix as my day to day foundation and the studio sculpt when I needed more coverage. I ended up buying the prolongwear because they had run out of the studio fix. Since I was at the airport and I wanted to get it cheaper at duty free, I decided to give it a try. Not disappointed.

The biggest plus on this foundation is that when they say it's long wear they really mean it. The only problem with that is that you have to clean it really well at night and make sure it's all gone. The foundation stays put all day and holds the rest of your make up in place. I don't use primers (because they always make me break out) so this is a big plus.

The coverage is amazing, I usually wear just half a pump to cover my whole face. The only con is that I find the texture of it a bit too thick. If i want the foundation to look more sheer i put a bit of water on the tip of the brush and shake the excess off, works wonders. I find it to be a very versatile foundation and it blends really well.

Overall I'm really happy with my foundation. Works perfectly with my prolongwear concealer and mineralize skinfinish natural (my all time favourite product).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chrissy190

The only thing good with this product is the fact that it lasted long. My face use to be oily but now i have combination skin. Before using this product i made sure to moisturize and prime my face since i heard it can be drying on your skin. So basically i did all the steps rights in order for this product to technically work but it still failed. One of the cons that i experienced with using this product is that even on my combination skin it tend to dry up into patches if you try to build on it for more coverage. Another issue that i had with this product is the fact that it was not easy to blend using a makeup brush. When i tried to use the makeup brush it was become streaky and patchy. I tried this product with a beauty blender as well and that did seem to help with the problem but i still experienced problems with building on it for coverage because the finish of this product is very dry and matte looking. The color also seems to be chalky and not as pigmented as other mac foundations, which is why i had to build on it for more coverage. Im not sure why this product had so many great reviews, i would have never bought it if i knew that it is not buildable and has a powdery matte finish that defeats the purpose of using liquid foundation... If you have fine lines, hyperpigmentation, combination/dry skin then this product is definitely not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by meowjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite foundation. By pro-longwear it really does the job lasts all day and night and your skin just looks better and better by the hour. It gives a beautiful matte finish. I always get compliments on my makeup. I'm on my second tube and I wear it almost everyday and it lasts me about 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by awdorkable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall I am pretty impressed with this foundation. I was matched to N18 which is a perfect match to my skin tone. I apply this overtop of a moisturized and primed face using a beauty blender. I usually need about 2 pumps of product to get a decent medium/full coverage. I set it with MAC's translucent powder, and I'm good to go. I have super oily skin, and no matter what I use on my face, my foundations usually slide right off by mid day. I do not have the same problem with this foundation...I do get a bit of shine but the foundation stays put. This foundation also feels great, it doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all. I also didn't notice any oxidizing problem with this either. Lasts the full day and still looks good at the end of the day.

Pros:
Good color match
Good coverage
Great oil control
Hides imperfections well
Lasts all day
Feels light on the skin

Cons:
Price...need to use a lot of product for full coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! I used to use it a lot but the color I have is nc15 and it's way too dark for my pale skin. I found it in my makeup collection and it's perfect for summer for me. Stays on great, doesn't get oily, perfect coverage, love it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Josiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great foundation! It's not my holy grail, but it's a great foundation to try.

I was quite disappointed though the first time I tried it, because the lady there matched me to a colour that I found too dark and yellow. I came back though, and I told a different girl about it and she matched me to my perfect colour.

The packaging is what I look for, it has a pump which I always appreciate greatly. The only thing is though, is that product tends to get in those corners around the pump, but it's easy to clean up.

The coverage is so so lovely. It has medium to full coverage, so depending on how many layers you apply, the coverage will vary. I usually opt for one, but if I need it I'll go for two. It's very blendable no matter how you apply it.

Finish is also very beautiful. I wouldn't say that it's dewy, but it's not extremely matte. I found that it made my skin look really nice though.

The lasting power is what I love though! It lasted me through a whole day of school and work, and still managed to look good by the end of the day. It did get a bit oily in my t-zone but it managed to cling on.

Definitely will repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by naddy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG!!! I've been using fix fluid for more than a year already. I really liked that one as my daily use. But my skin gets dry alot nowadays and it makes my makeup look really cakey. So I decided to try this one instead. And I really love it! It's easy to blend and the coverage is awesome! I only use really tiny dots of concealer on the scars I need to cover and im good to go. It's important to set it with powder. After 5-6 hours, I feel my face gets a bit oily but it looks dewy instead of greasy. Overall, im really in love with this one now!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by CloMaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It's an original simple piece from MAC which is loved by many! I originally purchased this is the shade NW25 but i found this wasn't my shade! MAC was unable to refund and I was very disapointed as I was matched incorrectly by the women on the desks! I went back and was matched again to find my actual shade was NC20! This shade was amazing to my skin colour! I cannot find a foundation this good of a match! The consistency was also amazing! It was a thick creamy texture which didn't cake! Although to set this foundation, I used MAC skin mineralising powder in NC20! With this combination, all my blemishes were covered and almost invisible! My only complaint is the price! Costing £24.99 I believe this is too much for a foundation!!