MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 5/2/2015 6:36:00 PM

I've been using this foundation religiously for over 3 years. I do consider it my #1 Foundation, however, I could probably find one I like more. I think I keep going back to it simply because it isn't outrageously expensive and I can find it easily, it does what it says, and it simply just works for my skin. I have oily/combination/acne prone skin with occasional dry areas around my mouth and between my eyebrows. I have a lot of dark spots/discoloration and I consider this a full coverage foundation, although it's not as full as, say, Kat Von D's foundation. Blendability I find to be average. It wears pretty well in humidity and heat and also in -30 weather. I never found it to cling to dry spots too badly as long as I moisturized well. I like that I can mix it in with a moisturizer such as clinique dd gel and it applies great as a tinted moisturizer in the summer or whenever I don't need as much coverage. I just really like this foundation and as long as MAC keeps making it I'll probably always have a bottle on my makeup counter.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This foundation does what it claims to do, it just didnt work for my skin. The foundation application is important, you need to work quickly with this product and prepare the skin well as once its set its not going anywhere and can look streaky if not blended properly. I actually found using my fingers was the best method of application, making sure I used a decent primer or moisturizer it could blend with. The coverage was light to medium, I myself like a medium to full coverage so did need concealer and powder to feel happy with the end result.

Before powder is applied the finish is shiny. Not oily but I think it does need a setting powder at least along the t-zone to look wearable. In terms of wear this foundation is excellent and comparable to estee lauder double wear. Even after a full day of work, without re powdering this foundation stayed in place very well. You could easily go out straight after work with as this foundation does go the distance. It didnt work for me mainly because I have some dry skin and it just seemed to look patchy around my nose and under my eyes.

Pro:

Long wearing a full day of work plus more with a quick powder top up.

Colour selection as usual mac has a big colour selection, especially for those who may not have a good match for ELDW there might be a shade in here for you as this performs very similar.

Price well priced for a high end foundation

Finish Once set with powder this sets matte and perfect .

Packaging includes a pump and comes in a nice glass bottle

Con:

Hard to work with and blend.

Clings to dry patches.

on 4/29/2015 12:54:00 AM

Full coverage. Not unbelievable full coverage like Kat Von D, but it is full coverage. The finish of this is better than KVD though..and it doesn't smell like paint. Looks best when applied with a beauty blender in my opinion. I have dry skin and it does ok as long as I wear a heavy moisturizer under it. I keep trying other foundations, but keep coming back to this one. But I only use on special occasions because if I use it every day, it breaks me out.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Definitely my go to foundation. Color matches my skin perfectly (NC50). the coverage is great and doesn't look at all cakey. It really provides smooth and polished look. love it so much.

on 4/19/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Everything about this foundation realistically ticks all the boxes. It's a relatively reasonable price for a high end foundation ($54AUD), it matches my colour perfectly (NW40), as the name suggests it is definitely a long wearing foundation and to top it off, the finish is perfect for my skin type (combination). The downfall... I have never broken out as badly as I did when I purchased and started using this. I have constant, red pimples on my face (those painful, under the skin kind) and a series of tiny, horrible bumps on my forehead that I just can't seem to get rid of. I wish I didn't have these issues because I genuinely loved the foundation itself but unlucky for me - my skin is still trying to recover from the damage.

on 4/17/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

How can anyone hate this foundation?

Its perfect for combination/oily skin, its not too thick and not too thin its a perfect balance.
I will forever repurchase this foundation.

I do also mix it with other foundations such as Chanel perfection lumniere and bobbi brown skin foundation.

on 4/12/2015 10:58:00 AM

Currently my go to foundation, goes well on my combi-oily skin, great coverage but can get cakey if too much is used or with a lot of powder, stays on all day and price is not too bad, love the lock tight pump.

on 4/9/2015 2:05:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The coverage and texture are amazing. I can apply this one beautifully by hand, brush and beautyblender, it doesnt really matter because it always looks beautifull. The fact that the coverage is buildable and therefor is adjustable to my wishes makes me very happy. The natural finish makes it look so smooth on my combination skin. The longwearing effect is amazing, this one last me for about 15 hours! Perfection

on 4/8/2015 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation might be my new HG foundation.
I have combo skin and by day's end my foundation is splotchy and has moved, my blush is completely gone and I look like a Picasso painting. I have tried many long wearing foundations and this by far is my favorite. I first tried it for a night out only. I have a good reason. I was going to a bonfire and thought for sure my foundation would not last. This product proved me wrong, not once but TWICE that night. It stayed in place, even by the fire, all night long. I got home and fell asleep in my make up, by mistake. In the morning I woke to a full face of makeup. I was pretty surprised that this does last like it says.
The next time I tried it was when I went to work. Granted I work in an office and rarely go outside. My make up remained flawless all day. I got so many compliments and the only difference was my foundation. It stayed in place through eating, drinking and even some sneezing. I usually lose some foundation during these moments. It remained on my face until I cleaned it for bed.
I will admit that there is a problem with this foundation getting too tacky too fast after application and it becoming hard to work with, but I do believe that this is something I can work with.
This foundation is semi matte, allowing your natural skin to shine through in all the right places. This is definitely my new go to foundation and I will be re-purchasing this product!

on 4/3/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my favorite foundation I ever used! I have combination skin, so it was neither drying nor did it make my face oily! I am also prone to breakouts and I noticed my skin improved when I started using this product! It also is very long lasting I would wear it for 12 hours straight and it still looked great by the end of day! However im very pale and after a while of having this product it began to oxidize and turn orange. So if you are very pale like me, I would not suggest this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials