MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great foundation with medium to full coverage.

Don't forget to buy a pump with your foundation bottle.
It's one of the best for my skin (combination).
Same thing as the Pro Longwear concealer though, I wish they would have more fair colours.

I LOVE THIS. I have tried many long lasting formulas for foundations. My skin is fairly normal but for some reason even with primer and a setting spray makeup seems to rub off of my face really easily and after 5 hours it looks like i hardly have any on! BUT NOT WITH THIS!!
This is fantastic, the formula is a little thicker than i am used to but is still really comfortable and wearable. And the best part is that it actually lasts significantly longer than any other foundation ive ever tried! I find i only have to power about once in the middle of the day, and im all set!
The one tiny issue i have with this is the shade. I have a powder from MAC in Nw15 which i was using over the summer, and i bought this foundation in nw13 (which should be lighter?) as it is getting darker/colder. And it is a little bit dark for me, not noticibly if i blend it in, but a tad which i find odd.
Either way i absolutley love this foundation. Definatley will be repurchasing and reccomending to friends!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in love with Studio Fix for many years and I thought it was the best until I tried Pro Longwear. I tend to look oily after a few hours with Studio Fix but with this one, it's longer. This is perfect for very oily skin though this works perfectly on all skin types and tone. This offers a very good coverage yet looks so natural, doesn't smell bad or feels thick on the skin.
I apply this usually with my fingers and remember to blend immediately with a clean buffing/kabuki brush and top it with your fave setting/finishing powder. I am in love with this foundation. So far, this is now my favorite foundation from all those I've tried. It's perfect for my skin. I will forever repurchase this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

GUYS. BUY THIS FOUNDATION. I've tried almost everything: Revlon, Estee Lauder, Kat Von D (which was my go to before this), Clinique, Cover Girl, Bare Minerals. While a lot of them had good oil control as far as shine went, none of them could really combat issues with transferring. This stuff has not budged an inch. So far, it can last 6 hours easily, and I still have another 5-6 hours to my day, but it still looks like it was freshly applied. I'm mostly stoked that it's considerably cheaper than a lot of higher end foundations, considering Kat Von D can run up nearly $50. Great for oily skin, not too bad at hiding pores (although a primer would help for sure, I currently use Smashbox Photo Finish Light). I know a lot of reviews are mixed about it, but it's one of the top foundations for a reason. Try it out ASAP!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this for 2 years now and I wear it every day. it's very long wearing, doesn't transfer. but I am very oily so I do get do oily after 3 hours of wear. but it's the best foundation I know so far. it's not the cheapest out there, but it doesn't break me out, so I am happy. it does oxidise, but I use a lighter powder to set it so that it is balanced. Also, it can get cakey, so blending is essential.
It doesn't do anything for the pores so a primer is needed.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this foundation!! So far I am on to my second bottle and am definitely going to repurchase. The foundation is a great texture and consistency and a little bit goes a long way - I find that I never need very much to get a great coverage. Feels great and very light on your face and stays all day (if you set it with powder, which I always do) and it barely feels like you're wearing foundation. As well as this, for a good brand it's relatively well priced compared to other products of the same quality.
The only thing I would recommend to watch out for is to make sure you go a couple of shades lighter than you think you need because the foundation does have a significant orange tint to it.
Overall I'm obsessed with this product and I would definitely recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this stuff!
I'm on my third bottle and i have no negatives to say about it. I found it really difficult with other brands to find my shade. They were either too pink, too orange, too cakey or wayy too pale. It was a never ending battle. When my friends started to comment on my foundation i figured it was time to go to Mac for help. I was matched to the shade nc37, which is absolutely perfect. Not too pink or orange.
The coverage of this foundation is medium but you can build it up if you want to, though i usually just do one layer.
The lasting power is amazing, I work outdoors and in Australia, so in summer it gets ridiculously hot. It lasts me all day (10 hours) and I don't even need to touch it up, if it's an overly hot and sweaty day i do blot it when I feel i'm getting a little too shiny.
The smell is mild and pleasant, there really isn't an overpowering smell too it, which i like.
Would definitely buy it again and have so far recruited most of my work mates and friends into trying it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On my 2nd bottle of this, does so much better than revlon colorstay on my oily skin. somehow manages to keep me at a beautiful satin finish (I'm not a fan of matte) for an extended period of time without becoming an oil slick. only need to blot once a day, usually don't need to repowder. best of all I don't look CAKEY!!

coverage is medium but buildable, I usually don't put more than one layer on my whole face, may do a 2nd in trouble areas, so can't tell you if it looks cakey with more than that.

cons: I use nc35, a little more orange than I would like on my neck which is soo light and yellow compared to my face, need to mix a 2nd foundation to blend down to my neck. other than that this is perfect.

I can't believe I waited so long to buy this foundation!! I'd have to say this is my HG which is a big thing considering I've tried ALOT of foundations from drugstore to high end and nothing compares to this. It is flawless and it really does stay on all day! I top this with MAC mineralize powder in medium and my partner even complemented on how nice my skin looks! Next bottle I buy will probably be a different shade as I think the makeup artist at MAC didn't quiet match me well- I'm fair with freckles but have a bit of color from said freckles, and not pink at all in tone. But was matched to NW20 which is a little to pink for me. Non the less I'm still in love with the foundation and with the exact color match my love will only be perfect!

I find that this foundation works great on my skin! As I see no problems such as cracking being to cakey or problems with coverage! I feel that my skin is suited to is perfectly as its soft and not to heavy on my skin, as my my skin is quite sensitive. Although if you are looking to purchase this I would recommend you to get a colour lighter or two that your normal foundation colour as it has quite a orange tinge which may be a problem is you are going to be using other products on top of it such as bronzer and contour etc. enjoy! X

Video Reviews & Tutorials