Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't even know where to start. This is my new HG foundation. I had never even heard of this until I was watching JamBeauty89 (Jessica Braun) on YouTube rave about this recently. I have been searching for a foundation for about a year. Prior to picking this up I was using Urban Decay Naked (shade 2.0) every single day. I have put that to side now and don't see myself returning to it anytime soon.

Pros-
Full coverage
Price is great $$
Blends beautifully
Color selection fits my skin tone
Leaves my skin looking dewy and healthy

Cons-
It has a smell but after it's on I never notice it
It takes awhile to dry and not feel tacky and wet

I hate that it takes awhile to dry, at least on me. I put my foundation on over a primer and set with a setting spray and it's still usually a little wet after my first cup of coffee at work. However, it blends so nice and the coverage is fantastic.. I don't even care. I don't want to take this makeup off at night because my face looks so great! This seriously makes my skin look airbrushed and covers everything I want to hide. I don't have serious acne or scaring so I can't say how it covers those imperfections but it does cover my freckles nicely. I have fairly dry skin in the winter and this leaves my skin looking healthy, not oily but perfected. I will most definitely be repurchasing and I think I will stick with this baby for awhile. Please don't discontinue this!!

2 reasons this foundation does not work for me:

First, it has a strong fragrance. It is not an unpleasant smell, but I really hate putting any products with fragrance on my face, which is sensitive and prone to breakouts.

Second and most importantly, this foundation is very pink-toned. Unfortunately, being about an NC15-20, my skin runs more yellowish. When I wear this the pink tone from the foundation looks fine on my face, I'd even go so far as to say it looks good, but the difference between my neck (which is naturally more yellow) and my pink face from the foundation is just too dramatic. I could try to solve that problem by blending a lot of foundation onto my neck, but I really dislike putting liquid products on my neck, so I'd rather not.

So unfortunately this doesn't work for me, and I will stick with Revlon Colorstay as my drugstore foundation of choice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Alright so, I am not overly impressed with this foundation. While the coverage is nice, it doesn't break me out, and the colour range is decent (I'm snow white, it's hard to find many drug store foundations) it' nothing to write home about. I'll go into what impressed me, what didn't impress me, and why I would repurchase but with a word of caution below.

I believed this foundation was a dud for me. No matter what I did it would separate within mere hours of putting it on. It just looked so...patchy. I tried to make it work using the Goss method, Becca Evermatte Primer, and translucent powder, then this foundation and mineral foundation powder to set. Despite the fact the coverage was great and buildable it looked like a poorly applied cakey mess. I tried it again after a couple months, after the awful looking results had faded from memory some. It once again looked awful over my Becca primer so I decided to play with some products I had laying around and it made a world of difference.

The only way I could make this foundation look good was to first moisture my skin to the fullest extent. It drags and does not apply properly over dry skin no matter what you do, so lots of moisturizer even if you are oily. Second, while I usually hate silicone primers that's the only primers that seem to work with this. While I find silicone primers usually make my foundation separate, it worked so well with this formula. I used MUFE pressed HG powder instead of my loose translucent and it stays all day. This formula has never oxidized on my very oily skin and when applied correctly it looks amazing.

The packaging is nice, the pump makes it easy to determine how much you want and the bottle feels sturdy. You get a great amount of product for your money. This foundation does take some work to build/ apply/ make work but ultimately the results are nice. I would repurchase because I am impressed with the results, but I likely wouldn't have bothered investing had I known how difficult this product is. Wouldn't recommend unless you have perfect skin.

Was very high coverage but made me very oily during the day and it broke me out a lot. It was also VERY sticky. Right when I put it on my face it would dry and cling to one spot. It wasn't smooth and nice to put on. I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the new version (the one with the red lid) and I love it. It has become my favorite drugstore foundation ever. I have normal/dry skin and this foundation does wonders for me. It last ALL day without setting, melting or making me look overly shiny.
It doesn't have a completely matte finish (more like natural finish) so it makes you look young and fresh all day. I am MAC NC15 and 100 Ivory is a good match for me (something rare in drugstore range) , it doesn't oxidize or change color whatsoever. I´m in love with this. Wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin though, I feel like this does nothing with oil or shine control.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have the shade 103 True Ivory.

This is a great foundation for my combination skin. It doesn't flake on the dry areas and doesn't make my t-zone oily. It's definetly full coverage and covers quite well. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all though. Never transfered onto any clothing either and I've been wearing it for two years now.

While it may not last those 25 hours, it does last pretty much all day, so I'd say about 10 hours and it's on the edge of being gone from my oily areas. Good enough for me.

Price is pretty good, since the product is worth much more to me. I don't have any problems with the packaging, the pump never broke.

The only problem was that when they changed the packaging to what it looks like now, the shades slightly changed with it. It fits my skin a bit more though and seems less orange-y.

This made my dry, flaky skin look healthy and dewy. It's a very heavy foundation, and it gave me a coverage that I haven't experienced with any other foundation. It also smells amazing and works perfectly with a beauty blender!

Unfortunately, I can't use it anymore as my t-zone has become quite oily lately. My forehead looks very shiny and it kinda just slides off my nose. If my t-zone ever stops being oily, then I'll definitely go back to this foundation. I've tried setting it with different powders, but the powder just made the foundation cling to my dry patches.

If you have very dry/dry skin you should give this a try! Might also be good on normal skin. If you have oily skin I don't think this is the right foundation for you.

This is definitely one of the better drugstore foundations out there. However Rimmel foundation shades are just not for me. They are very pinky or beigey toned, rimmel really need to sort there shades out.
I tend to lean towards the shade nude, which is properly a good match to nc30.
I have to say this does what it says, it really is last longing. I have gone to bed without taken my make up off, liked passed out and this was still on.
I'm not crazy about this, I'm not crazy about any of the rimmel foundations but this is properly there more superior one, it's more of a semi matte finish very down the middle of looking glowing and looking matte. Based on price alone and how long it last I properly would get it again, but it's not In my top foundations.

PROS
* long lasting
* affordable
* medium to full coverage
* would work on most skin types

CONS

* clings to dry patches majorly
* rubs off on clothes
* only 6 shades I think ? Not much variety and most look flat

I would recommend buying the nude formula which is more hydrating and less drying. It blends a lot more easier too and doesn't feel as mask like as the original formula.

If it didn't really last that long, I would say its a very mediocre foundation.

I really liked this foundation! I used the whole thing over about 5/6 months as I used up other foundations too. When you apply it it's smooth, blends well, dewy. Light to medium coverage and can be built up. This is the perfect foundation for me because it's not too full-on, semi-dewy finish and lasts really well. It's slightly sticky when not set with powder because of its dewiness.

Thought it would stay on my skin for quite a while.. But ..... I use setting powder afterwords also setting spray.... My skin especially t zone gets oily after about 3 hours. It claims it's a full coverage foundation but it doesn't really cover my acne scars well. I Like the scent, color range is alright for me but I don't really like the look of my skin after I apply it. If you have normal skin without many imperfections, give it a try. Otherwise don't bother.