Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 2/21/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sorry but this obviously did not work for me. Consistency is ok but once it settles in about 4 hours after fine line and dry patches begin to show. Plus it also broke me out and millia galore.

on 2/21/2015 2:20:00 PM

I purchased this product today after a recommendation from my friend and I am really disappointed... I hate to say it Rimmel but what on earth was this???? This foundation was extremely claggy and it outlined all my problem areas. It did not at all have a light and silky feel like the Rimmel Match Perfection but instead it was tacky and not at all what I would personally want in a foundation. The coverage was good but it was very cakey. I heard a lot of good reviews about this product and I was excited to try it but as soon as I did I wanted to wash it off straight away! I am very disappointed that this foundation didn't work out for me :( I would not recommend this product at all...*sighs*

on 2/19/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this as a cheap alternative to Estee Lauder Double Wear. Overall, I am quite impressed! I think it applies a lot more smoothly and easily than double wear. It does last reasonably long, enough to get me through the day! The only sign of wear is that at the end of the day my nose does start to look a bit greasy! Nothing a bit of powder won't solve! The cover is a good medium coverage and I don't find myself concealing quite as much. Considering I only paid £5 I am more than happy with it. However, after a couple of weeks of using it I am starting to break out but I am unsure as to whether that is related!

on 2/15/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my makeup and felt inclined to come on here to post a review immediately. HOLY MOTHER OF GRAIL. This is going to sound corny as hell but one day a foundation will come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anything else. THIS IS THE ONE! I have tried several foundations throughout the years and while yes, I've came across quite a few that I liked and were safe but it never quite stopped my search for better. I loved MAC's Studio Fix Fluid because of the color match but it was way too flawless. I love Loreal's True Match for the coverage but the finish was more on the matte/flat side. I love MUFE HD's finish but it just did not last throughout the day. What if I said this foundation embodies everything I just mentioned? Luminous finish, all day wear, full coverage, yet natural. Sounds crazy but to me, natural means it does not cake up or emphasize the nooks and crannies of my problematic textured skin..just a perfect, smooth canvas. The beauty blender works its magic with this foundation. I don't even want to set it because the finish is so beautiful but unfortunately, it must because after 3 minutes, it's still a bit tacky. I would imagine this be the case even more so for those who have oily skin.

My skin is normal (can be dry) but what I love most about this foundation is that it makes my face luminous without looking greasy. It must be the comfort serum. Matte foundations just emphasizes my Asian pancake face so I need satin/luminous finishes for some dimension. I find that in most luminous foundations (typically of high end ones), you compromise the coverage for a more sheer light finish. I'm glad that I do not have a problem with this foundation. So far, this foundation has been good to me during the New England teen weather but hopefully, it's something I can continue to use for summer.

Some cons - I use 200 Soft Beige for my NC25 skin. It's a great match but oxidizes and changes the undertone a smidge throughout the day (not noticeable but if we are nitpicking). It does have a rosy fragrance smell. My skin is not sensitive so it doesn't bother me but I'm sure this can be an issue for some people. I'm not sure how this will do for oil control and it does have to be set. There is no pump and product is difficult to get out.

Overall, the other foundations I have tried in the past does not hold a candle to this foundation. And for $6.97? HELL YEAH BABY! Forever repurchase.

on 2/13/2015 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. On the positive side, I like that it has a medium coverage and it does hold up well for up to 10 hours (not 25 hours like it states, but I don't wear it for that long! lol).
What I didn't like about it is the finish after it's set and worn for a few hours. It looks a bit cakey and makes my skin look dry (I have normal to combination/oily skin).
Also, and this is a problem I tend to have with drugstore foundations, is the color. I have 100 Ivory and it's definitely too dark and orange for me. Now thinking about it, I could have tried the lightest one (light porcelain) but I was scared it would be too pink for me.

on 2/10/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, very fair skin. I don't have too many problem spots, but I do have some mild discoloration from some medication. This is absolutely the best foundation ever......I bought it on a whim, in the shade light ivory. I am super pleased with the coverage, it's med-full. It didn't cake, or oxidize on me. It made my skin look 100% perfect. No dryness was emphasized which is what I fear from a long lasting foundation....and it didn't irritate my skin.

The smell is so nice too. Although this might not be for everyone. It's super creamy and easy to apply. I used a flat top kabuki....I didn't need any concealer except for under my eyes. There's no sparkle....and it actually did last throughout the day.....still looking good, without any powder touch ups. I rarely use powder anyway. I paid $9.99 for this which is super cheap given the quality of the foundation. Super impressed with Rimmel on this one.

on 2/10/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

As someone with eczema, I tend to look for foundations which do not cling to dry flaky patches and also cover redness. This foundation does both of these things. Previously, I was using the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation and I was pretty happy with it. Rimmel Nude 25h foundation surpasses the Bourjois foundation and I wouldn't go back. It provides more coverage than healthy mix serum yet does not cake. I've also found 100 Ivory to be a good match for my NC25 skin.
I initially wanted to give it a 4/5 overall rating however I fail to see what it could improve on- especially for a drugstore foundation at such a decent price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

There is some sort of luminizer in this foundation. You might think this sounds good, but it pools in pores (no matter how small) & if you have mature skin, it can make it look crepey. If you have flakes or dry spots, this will highlight them.

It felt very strange on, as though it was tightening or drying my skin (I didn't look more tight or dry though). Also, I found the smell quite strong & it lasted the full 1.5 hours I had it on.

Lastly, it seemed sticky going on as though it was setting up too quickly. I apply foundation with my fingers, so I'm very fast & haven't had this issue with any other product.

I will be returning this & staying with Revlon ColorStay as my d/s long lasting foundation.

on 2/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

This review is for the NEW Rimmel lasting foundation. Several reviews on the web say this is simply new packaging of the previous, same named product. IT IS DIFFERENT. I actually loved the old one, but this one is even lightyears better. It goes on more smoothly, dries more quickly and completely, and does NOT keep a tacky feel. IT LASTS HOURS AND HOURS WITHOUT ANY CHANGE. For example, this is the first foundation, (and I mean out of at least a hundred of them, and several thousand dollars) that leaves a full face of foundation on my cleansing cloth at the end of the day. It is a gorgeous finish, covers beautifully, and layers like a dream. The biggest change is that people keep telling me how good I look. Specifically about my skin glow, have I changed my hair, etc. THis is embarassing, but someone even said I looked gorgeous, which I am NOT, but isn't that the point of makeup? It is to me.

It looks like really good, well rested skin on a happy face. Important note though, I found these are lighter in shade than the original.. I used to wear Classic Beige, but it was Way too light in the sun. I can wear both true beige and sand it this, and both look fantastic. I am medium-light, by the way, and pretty neutral toned. I really recommend trying this. It is new in 2 formulation, regular coverage ( that is the one I have) and a Nude formula, which I have not tried yet but has great reviews on this site.

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Excellent foundation. Good consistency and easy buildable coverage. The 25 hour thing is just silly but it does last all day and there is minimal colour change and no going patchy.

My skin is very combination but it looks good all over and covers my acne roseacea really well. No break outs and no irritation at all.

If I were going to complain about anything I would say the palest colour could be a little more cool neutral toned but I rarely find a match for my pale Irish skin at this kind of price.

This is a budget marvel - well done Rimmel