November 26, 2014 | 1687 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Carlyl0vesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't figure out why my acne has been returning. I had clear skin with a bit of scarring but for the past week the acne returned. Turns out it was this product, the only thing that I changed in my routine. I guess the alcohol listed at the top of ingredients is not kind to my skin. I've had no trouble with cetyl alcohol,which found in most moisturizer because it is a fatty alcohol so it is not irritating to the skin, and in fact can be beneficial for those with dryer skin types. Although the alcohol listed in this product is ethyl (denatured) alcohol which is extremely damaging, I knew this but went ahead and bought it anyways because of good reviews, I should have known better. My skin felt extremely moisturized at first, but through out the day or even an overnight use, I can tell my skin is dryer than it was before. Overall, I'm disappointed in this product and will discontinue using it as it has done some damage to my skin. This will be going back!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It makes your skin rather smooth and it feels refreshing. However, it made my nose somewhat oily after awakening and caused a few breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is exactly what I was looking for - a nice light nighttime gel that would moisturize yet still not feel overwhelming for the Summer nights we have in Florida. This encompasses both of those requirements. It's light, refreshing, never stings my eye area, yet it gives the right amount of moisture. It's compact, which means it's great for traveling and for storing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm sold, it's going to be my go-to for the next few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Like some reviews have mentioned here before this product is very much like the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief from Clinique, only this moisturizer is so much cheaper!!! This thing is awesome if you combo/oily skin. It's so light weight and does not feel greasy. My skin absorb it very quickly. It's perfect for summer! Both my husband and I use it everyday. But I also use a thicker, anti-aging moisturizer at night. This product does not break us out and you just can't beat the price. I also enjoy the light cucumber scent it has.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

This product is VERY similar to Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirst Relief, but at a fraction of the cost.

This stuff is the BOMB! I have combo skin type that's more toward oily, and prone to breakout. Regular facial moisturizers feel greasy and nasty on my face. This stuff feels soo fresh and like its name, refreshing and the perfect amount of moisture.

It smells really, really good. Like a clean, fresh scent. Also, I love the packaging. the heavy glass jar feels quality and not cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm quite a fan of inexpensive drugstore moisturizers. When I stopped using ponds b3, I decided to look for something to suit my skin as the weather gets warmer. I've not had much luck with gel textured products in the past, so I had doubts about this. Been using for two weeks, morning and night and I really enjoy it. It sinks easily into my skin and provides a good base if i choose to wear foundation or just apply powder. I don't mind the glass packaging but I do not like that it is in a jar. That's unhygienic if the product is not taken out with clean fingers. (I use a cotton bud). Other than that, price is great and so is function!

Ps. My skin is normal to slightly dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I love this Moisturizer, this exactly how every moisturizer should be. It feels so amazing and light on the skin, I love the feel of the gel its so cooling and it soaks nicely into the skin. Has a fragrance but its really smells good. I always try new moisturizers and always always come back to this because it gives me exactly what I need. It comes in a glass jar which is a little unhygienic but I don't care the product is amazing. Will def buy more.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Ugh
My eyes were BURNING from the fragrance
sooooo strong!
Only applies maybe to the top cheeks and I do not have sensitive skin/eyes at all!
never had this type reaction before..ever
Yuck going back

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I wanted to like this soooo badly, but my skin didn't react well to it. :( I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG Clinique DDMG, and when I saw this at the drugstore, I snapped it up. Yes, I read the reviews that said it had alcohol in it...but my skin is not normally reactive to alcohol (I use witch hazel toner every night, and have had no problems). Anyway, it was good for a while: nice texture, AMAZING smell (so fresh!), felt good on the skin and under powder makeup...but after about 3 weeks the zits popped out. I'm not sure if this was due to the alcohol or another ingredient, but unfortunately, I won't continue to use this. I also hate the packaging: the glass jar is fragile and bulky, not good for travel or tile floors. I'll try to use up the rest as a hand lotion, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS EVIL. PURE EVIL, I TELL YOU.

I've been struggling recently with my dehydrated and oily skin, so I revived this product from the moisturizer graveyard under my sink and decided to give it another whirl. The first time I used it about a year or so ago, I felt that it didn't moisturize as heavily as I needed. I didn't remember it breaking me out. However, this time it did just that.

I got about 5 new pimples in three days. Gross. Luckily mine are smaller and thankfully none are cystic pimples, but seriously?! I was thinking my hormones were just continuing to act up because the breakouts have been pretty much concentrated on my chin, but when I realized I had two zits next to my nose (where I never ever get pimples), I realized it was because of this product, which is the only thing that has changed in my routine as of recent.

I CosDNA-d the ingredient list, and denatured alcohol is the third or fourth ingredient in this....ummmm. Not okay. Also the fact that it's in a jar is pretty nasty and unhygienic.

I guess I will be venturing back into Asian skincare to find an HG moisturizer :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No