E.L.F. Shimmer Eye Liner

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/1/2012 1:57:00 PM

I received this like 5-piece case of E.L.F. shimmer pencil eye liners. I was so disappointed. Not only was it extremely cheap, it was super waxy. It was a literal pain to use it on my bottom and top lids. The packaging was cute and the liners come with a sharpener-cap but the sharpener was more useful than the actual eyeliner

on 9/30/2012 8:19:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! This is in the top three best eyeliners I have ever tried. And for one dollar you can't beat it. Trust me it only comes of with makeup remover water and smudge proof. I have tried high end and low end and this is gets third place in my top three :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have these two pencils in teal and bronze. They are very creamy and they glide on easily and I like the bonus sharpener in the cap. Now what I dont like is the staying power and the lack of pigmentation in the bronze color. I had to pack this eyeliner on my eye just to get some color payoff. As for the teal color, the pigmentation was fine but its staying power was for an hour at the most. I would try other brands of glitter pencils before I would repurchase these again.

on 9/21/2012 2:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is very creamy and glides on super smoothly, the shimmers are so pretty and the sharpener works fine. The only problem I have with this is its staying power, but for the price I am willing to reapply multiple times during the day.

on 8/15/2012 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have this eyeliner pencil in black bandit . The pencil claims its a shimmer eyeliner , but it really dose not have any noticeable shimmer to it . It glides on smoothly and is creamy in consistency , but I feel like it is not a true black . It's close but it's more of a charcoal color . It fades abit through out the day but I think if you set it with eyeshadow it would last longer . Im not sure how it performs on the waterline because i dont wear this ( or any liner ) on my waterline . The pencil cap is a sharpener which works really well . However the cap is rather large and sometimes has a tendency to fall off the pencil , so I would be careful with the cap . Overall I think it's a nice color And pencil, but I wouldn't buy again only because I like to experiment with other liners .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this liner more for the sharpener. The pencil itself is god quality and glides on nicely but I'm not a huge fan of metallics and usually just add a tiny bit of this for a pop of colour. Anyway, the sharpener is AMAZING! It's the best I have ever tried. It beautifully sharpens every pencil I own from the low end to luxury brand. I will definitely be buying more of these pencils just for the sharpener.

on 7/15/2012 1:19:00 AM

I bought this pencil in Black Bandit hoping to add a little bit of extra glam to my eyes but unfortunately it wasn't very shimmery at all. I don't like that you have to sharpen it by hand either :( On the other hand the formula is very creamy and it glided right on! The lasting power was decent as well!

on 6/27/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Gunmetal and Iconic Ivory. I LOVE the Gunmetal. It is the most beautiful shade of gray with stunning sheen to it. I have blue eyes and cool skin and this gives me the most beautiful looking eyes. It's not chunky glittery but does have a refined look. I'd venture a guess it's not the most refined shimmer compared to high-priced eyeliners but it definitely DOESN'T look cheap.

The Iconic Ivory is a nice white but it isn't a smooth looking one. It is definitely shimmery but you have to apply carefully otherwise it is just too much white. I find it works best for me to put a little bit on a fine brush and then dab it on the eye. Is a bit more foolproof that way.

But the Gunmetal.... Just lovely lovely. I also had Revlon's Pewter which is more a sheen than a shimmer. It's a little darker than the Gunmetal - it does look a little more refined than the Gunmetal but the Gunmetal looks much prettier on my eyes.

Note though: that this brand does travel and over the course of the day, you may need to clean up under the eye.

on 4/24/2012 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought these around Christmas in Gunmetal (shiny dark gray), Black Bandit (shiny black) and Boldly Bronzed.(Even shiner bronze) All three colors are really pretty and the pigment is strong. Application is smooth and easy. So what's my beef?
I have to reapply after a few hours b/c of the average staying power also it smudges on the bottom of your eye, and that silly sharpener/cap that is too big for the pencil.
On the other hand the liners are only a dollar!

on 4/17/2012 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own the shimmer eye liner in the shade Black and Iconic Ivory. They don't offer a high color payoff. But, for only a $1 each, I really can't complain. They are good to use when I am doing a quick eye look and I still desire to keep my eye look on the natural side. And, I do find that these eye pencils are both quick and easy to use.

I do recommend using a good eye primer underneath in order to keep the lining from smudging or budging. If not, its wear ability won't be as good.

Even though I did rate this item a 3, I will continue to buy more of these shimmer pencils in the future. As, they're totally cheap, which is why, I can't resist getting more of them!