July 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this serum! My skin is so sensitive and I can use this with no problems what so ever! Thats a big deal for me! I also find it does what it says its going to do, my skin works great when I use it. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by FreedomDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here in Canada, The Bay was giving a big 15ml (half the full-size bottle!) sample to try out. The SA told me to use a few drops twice a day and follow with moisturizer. The bottle says that it should last for 2 weeks, but no way that is true. I believe if you use the bottle religiously twice a day, it should last about 6 weeks.
    I have been using my bottle for two weeks now but only at night because my skin reacts badly to some new products and I didn't want to take any chances. My verdict so far is that it does indeed make the skin softer and smoother and I can detect some clarity in my overall complexion. I cannot comment on it reducing wrinkles as it has only been 2 weeks. For my temperamental skin, this has produced better results that EL advanced night repair, I found it to be gentler on the skin than ANR.
    However, this has caused my skin to become quite dry. I generally have combination skin, but this has caused some flakiness and I can see some dry patches now. I always use my regular Biotherm Aquasource moisturizer on top, but it doesn't seem to cut it anymore. I am now not sure what to do, because I am worried that by drying out my skin it will be counterproductive and actually speed up wrinkles !!! I thought of switching to a richer moisturizer, but worried that a heavy formulation might clog my pores. If anyone can suggest a good moisturizer that can combat the dryness caused by this, I would be very grateful if you could contact me!! (otherwise I think I will have to stop using this soon)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Macy's was giving away a 12 week supply of this product. I used it religiously as directed. While it feels great going on, and makes my moisturizer apply better so that I use less of it, it did not make any difference on my lines and wrinkles (forehead "11" lines, horizontal forehead lines, marionette lines and wrinkles around the corner of my eyes). I am going back to the (much cheaper) routine I used before of Earth Science A/B alpha hydroxy at night and Neutrogena Advanced Wrinkle Repair with retinol in the morning. I always got lots of compliments on my glowing skin with those products and I haven't gotten one since trying the RepairWear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a large sample, and applied this yesterday night.. all over my face. I woke up with new pimples on my nose. I am surprised. Gess ill use it up on my neck & hands! At least it felt silky.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Jhlcomp2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, got the refillable sample. I had such high hopes for this product, but it took my mild rosaea into full throttle - my face is red, itchy, etc. I used it for three days ... I really wanted this to work, but there is no way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a large sample of this from the Clinique counter when I was repurchasing my TTDO Balm (they advertised a 2 week supply for free). I applied after washing with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser (my HG for years) and then put DDML on top. My cheeks flushed and I woke up with 3 pimples the next morning (I rarely break out anymore). I do have rosacea and am very sensitive but I've never broken out so fast with a product. I SHOULD know better than to go full face so I only have myself to blame. Can't believe how expensive this stuff is either. Wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has smoothed the creppy skin on my cheek. It sinks right in and doesn't sit on top. A bottle lasts forever. I have tried many serums, but this is the one I will always use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed with this one but not THAT impressed. There is no serum that can take the place of laser treatment which is what clinique is trying to compare this too.Serums like this can help improve skin's texture. I used a bottle of this.I love the way it's quickly absorbed by skin, making it ideal under make up. Can be used around eyes.It contains a lot of skin beneficial ingredients and the packaging means the contents remain stable during use.Also it's fragrance free, so important if to be used around eyes.However, this is no better than Olay regenerist serum(fragrance free version) which I've used for years or several by paula's choice,which are a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The biggest "pro" about this product is that it has a very light and silky texture to it that allows for it to be absorbed perfectly into the skin. It is able to lightly hydrate and mildy exfoliate my skin. However, I do not not consider this to be an effective product in helping to reverse any type of sun damage or possible wrinkling to the skin. The only true products that can do that are prescription products.

Overall, I think that this product is both way over-priced and over-hyped by Clinique. I actually purchased a full-sized bottle of this stuff after it first came out. The product's biggest claim is that it can provide results close to a dermatological laser procedure. This is why, I rushed out to go and buy it in the first place. And, now I realize that I should have waited to read the reviews on this product first.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by TereH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Since I am so grateful that Clinique makes it products (I have terrible allergies to fragrances, and there are some even in some supposed hypoallergenic and "fragrance free" makeup lines) I try to be generous when I review them. I feel fairly loyal to Clinique as a brand, as Clinique is all I can reliably wear. Without it I would not be able to use much in the way of skin care and definitely not cosmetics. From years of driving with the window down, I have some discoloration. Most of it is gone except for a bit along my jawline, but that is from Retin A and Obagi from years ago when I could afford it, and Clinique Even Better. And I have some wrinkling but very little, thanks to my genes. I am dealing with sagging - the neck and lower jawline. When I first used this a year or more ago I suspected it was drying my face; the lines above my lips seemed worse when I used it. In researching the product on the internet I found others who said they experienced that as well. This product has retinyl palmitate. Retinol can be drying, and cosmetic formulations with retinols don't always provide enough to do any serious repair like the prescription strength, but still have the drying effect. So I waited and tried again, and I do feel my wrinkles are worse when I use this. But in the interest of full disclosure, I use both the Turnaround Concentrate and Even Better Clinical serums in the morning, and these form a great primer for my makeup and keep my skin clear, supple, and soft. I stopped using the Laserfocus on my skin and it actually improved! Clinique DOES say that all three of these formulas can be used together, and I think that's true. The wrinkles above my lip are receding. I don't need a lot of moisture and don't like products that require more moisture after you use them. My skin is combination, dry in the cheeks and oily T-zone. I have noticed that I have two kinds of wrinkles; some that that are inherent from aging (very few) and some that appear when my skin is dry but are not yet etched into my skin. Where I have had success with the Laserfocus is on and around my eyes. What attracted me to the product was that it also had hyaluronic acid, which is almost youth in a bottle; there just isn't much in this formulation because it is low on the ingredient list. I use just the tiniest drop on my eyelids, underneath my eyes, and on the edges. It has helped improve the tiniest hint of crow's feet (which I don't yet have at 53) that started to appear right at the very edge of my eye, and provided some lift and brightness for my now-aging eyelids that are hooded (I used to have a freckle on my brow bone that is no longer there). Sometimes I use a dab on my chest. I am also getting a small droop along my jawline and the Laserfocus didn't help lift that at all (the new Clinique Repairwear Uplifting IS helping, as is some weight loss). Like others, I found the dropper a bit wasteful and it was hard to tell when I was low on product, but since I bought it, I decided to use it on my eyes and have been happy with the outcome and might buy the product again (it lasts a long time when just used in small doses), although the anti-gravity eye cream and the Repairwear intensive eye cream work well for me. The advantage of the Laserfocus on my eyes is that it does not leave a creamy effect behind in the morning to compromise my makeup and makes for a good primer, and I use the richer cream formulas at night and on the weekends.