Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 13

3.2

I LOVE this! It's a really pretty color, the website describes it as "warm beige" but I'd say it's more of a light, toasty champagne color. It's gorgeous. It's really shiny and shimmery, and a little goes a LONG LONG way. My favorite way to use this is as a lid color with a smoky eye. This color complements black and charcoal shadows really well for a gorgeous, almost Egyptian looking smoky eye. It blends excellently with pressed powder and loose shadows too. I haven't tried using it as anything else but an eyeshadow, it serves that purpose so well. It doesn't fade or rub off easily. I can't wait to get more colors.
NOTE: This might not work so well for people with creases or wrinkles on the lids or eye area, because it might have a tendency to settle in them.

on 1/2/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the Aqua Creams in general so I really wanted to like this product, but I just don't. The formula is good and it lasts a long time on my without creasing. I just found it too shimmery. It seemed very similar to Stila Kitten, which I have in smudgepot form but never use. Just too frosty and too light. Back to Sephora it went. I much prefer #15 Taupe for a good everyday wash of color.

on 10/24/2010 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had heard about the MUFE aqua creams for some time now and after deciding on what colors to try, I chose #13 Warm Beige for my first. In a word - AMAZING! This is like Mac's Paint Pot, but with more color, more shimmer, and much, much more SEX appeal! I put this on by itself and loved the champagne beige sparkly lusciousness! I looked like a goddess! (One that doesn't try to hard to look like a goddess that is.) I immediately went out and bought two more colors! Also works nice as an eyeshadow base with other colors in the crease. This would be fantastic in summer with a tan, but is great now on my NC25-30 pale fall/winter complexion.

on 10/16/2010 6:44:00 AM

I have already reviewed the Aqua Creams in general, so this is only a review for colour 13 on an approx. MAC NC20 skintone.

It is a very very pale shade of pink. To give you and idea, it is very similar to MAC's Naked Lunch, only a bit paler. However, this is much frostier than Naked Lunch and on me, it does not apply evenly at all. Dabbed lightly on the lid with a fingertip, the colour looks blotchy with little blobs of silvery frost concentrated here in there. Naked Lunch looks fine on me, but #13 looks like I have just applied face paint for children to my eyelids.

I suppose if you are below NC/NW15, this would look fine if applied sparingly but if you are darker than that, I would stay away as far as eye use is concerned. However as a cheek highlight for nighttime, this looks very similar to the effect Nars's Copacabana has on me, so I guess everything's not lost!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was hard finding the right shade for me since I have fair skin. (NC42 in MAC). Some of them were too frost, too rosy, but I must've spent about 10 minutes trying to find the perfect match for me, and there I've found it - 13. Not too dark and not too shimmery, I can use this as a finishing touch for my cheeks after my NARS Orgasm blush.