August 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best curling iron I've had. I've owned both regular and spiral irons, but with this one I can get better, more defined spiral curls than with all the others.
I have thin long hair and I used the 360 degrees heat setting and it worked great, and the curls stayed until I washed my hair (usually they drop pretty fast). I didn't even use hairspray. I don't know how damaging it is in the long run, but I am using heat protection anyway.
I find it easier to use than the conventional irons with clamps, you just wrap the hair around the rod, hold for a few seconds, release...voila!
The way the settings are placed doesn't bother me at all, I thought it might because many people complained about it, but no, that did not happen to me.
I love this iron and it's all I'll be using from now on.
EDIT : A few months later, it's still my favourite styling tool. Actually it became my only one, as now I love the way my hair looks curly. I am also happy to report that I am using it on the lowest heat setting (310F) with the same awesome results as the 360F setting, so it helps me get away with less heat on my hair - yayyyy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have shoulder length, VERY thin, straight hair that doesn't hold a curl well. I'm slowly growing my hair out, and it's almost long enough that I wanted to try a conical iron. I have hair that is about 2-3 inches below my ear and surprisingly a clip-less iron works great for me. Before spending big money on an expensive one, I thought I would try this one so I can easily return it if it's a big bust.

I bought this iron at Walmart in Canada this week and I'm so impressed that I'm keeping it. I WON'T be purchasing the Enzo iron. For starters they must of listened to consumer comments, because mine came with a FULL GLOVE. The glove has extra padding at the tips too. But I find that with a little bit of practice, it's actually easier to wrap my hair without the glove, so I just use my fingers and try not to get burned.

The iron itself works great. I actually like how the base is about 1" and it narrows to about 1/2". My hair is the right length where I can wrap it around the base for larger curls and volume, or the end for tighter curls. For me its like having two sizes combined. If you have long/thick hair it might be hard to wrap it around just the bottom or the top, so the curls might be somewhat uneven. I love how it creates volume curls at the roots. I have 4 curling irons and at best I'll get curl, never volume at the roots. I curl my whole head, spraying it with hairspray as I go. I then leave it for about five minutes lightly pull my fingers through my hair. This last all day or evening.

Couple of cons; I don't like where the button is. Occasionally I grip it the wrong way and it shuts off. It isn't that big of a problem because it heats up so quickly, but it's annoying. Also, I find that my hair SLIDES ALL OVER THE PLACE. Yes, it take practice, and I think part of the reason is because the rod is ceramic. It's hard because if the hair slides out of my hand I need to put the iron down and re-section. It definitely takes longer than the traditional iron. Both of these cons I can live with.

I've also tried wrapping my hair around my curling irons of various sizes, and they honestly don't produce these great results. I've never been able to produce that "bed head" curl look. Either the curls were too tight or messy. I've also tried wrapping my hair around my curling irons of various sizes, and they honestly don't produce these great results. So I do HIGHLY recommend this iron. Well worth the $40 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to try a curling wand and I think I picked a good one! Heats up fast, inexpensive, and the curls last all day long. My only real issue is that sometimes the curls get frizzy after awhile, while that normally isn't a big problem for me... It takes me about 15-20 minutes to curl my long hair since it curls the hair super quickly! It does seem to bunch up at the end a lot, so my curls end up being little tight ringlets that gradually loosen up. It's hard to get the very ends curly like the rest of the hair but I'll normally go back and recurl some tough ends. I don't use the glove that came with it, but I love that there's no clamp! Not really a tool to make loose beach waves, but I've used it for piano recitals and to get professional photographs done. I like how I don't have to use as much hairspray with this, since normally I want the curls to loosen more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

One of my favorite hair tools for getting curly hair! This wand is so amazing, especially for being so inexpensive and from Walmart! It gives me gorgeous curls, heats quickly, and easy to use. This gives a different curl compared to using a curling iron with a clamp or waver, all are beautiful but this is my favorite. The only negative about this wand is sometimes during use I'll accidentally hit the off/on buttons. But not often. The end cord swivels also, so its very convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this curling wand!!! It's so amazing every time I wear my hair curly I ALWAYS get compliments! It's great and you get to choose a heat setting. And best part NO clamp creases!! (HATE those) it's good for tight curls or loose and easy to do. Takes me 30 minutes in the morning and overall an amazing product!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lilipusion

I was in desperate need of some kind of hair curler when I bought this. I was sick of using my straightener to curl my hair because it took forever, and the curls didnt always turn out the best.
I found out about curling wands while watching some videos on Youtube, and I was intrigued! I really wanted to try one out, so all I did was take a small trip to Walmart, found this, and pretty much bought it. I didnt really think anything of it, I like Conair, its actually one of my favorite hair tool brands so I had faith that this was going to be an excellent product. And it is!
For the price, it was around $45.00 , I bought it a couple months ago so dont quote me on it. The straightener I use is actually more then $100.00 so I thought it was a very good price.
There's nothing fancy about how it looks, I mean I dont care about that kind of stuff. I liked that it came with a heat protectent glove for me it works and I do use it when curling my hair. I like that it doesnt automatically switch to a setting, it comes with many different heat settings so for my thick hair it curls, but for the people with fine hair, you can set it to a lower heat. The curling barrel is a normal size, not to big, not to small, just decent!
For the overall product it was worth the money! It curls my hair nicely, I can make bigger messy curls, or I can make small ringlets! I get to style it the way I want to and thats what I love about curling wands!
I hope everyone who has bought this product likes it just as much as me- or more, and for the people who havent bought it- go for it:))

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best curling iron ever! Here is a complete review on it and some tips about how to use it:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by MFeld418

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this curling iron! I have never been good with the curling irons with the clamp and I knew when I witnessed my first clamp less curling iron that hope was not lost on me! I picked this up in May and I am in love with this! It gives me such a nice, healthy looking curl that is very polished. Granted, I do have curly hair already but this gives a nice, looser curl for me. Also, I don't have to brush my hair out when I use this (although I do find it makes it faster to curl) I can just take a section of my hair and wrap it around and it curls just as well! I do not use the glove and I have just resorted to being careful so if you are a klutz like me I suggest being careful. There hasn't been a time I haven't burnt myself but honestly it's due to personal error. Buy this and you won't regret it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I guess I'm about the only person who doesn't love this. Sometimes I manage to get good results, but most of the time my waves look weird and completely different on my left side than on my right. I've tried this with shoulder length and chin length, and I haven't ever been thrilled.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this curling iron. I have short shoulder length hair and it gives me natural beautiful waves. Easy to use and curls hold!