April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Concealers - Ellis Faas - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just started on my second pen of this concealer (the first one lasted over a year). Really love this versatile stuff! I mainly use it under the inner corners of my eyes and on red areas near my nose and on my chin. I dot it on (only need a little! It's very pigmented), and then tap it into skin with my ring finger (this is the recommended method from her website). Looks natural, doesn't cake, good wear time, quick and simple application. I don't have issues with the pen. I do shake the pen before each use and only click once or twice, waiting for the concealer to appear. Minor quibbles: This does require a bit of patience, and I'm hoping the pen applicators will continue to improve. I am quite fair and pink-toned, but I found 101 to be just a touch too light (which gives me reverse raccoon eyes) and 102 is *almost* too dark, although it melds with my skin and looks good. An ideal match would be somewhere in between these 2 colors, but I use so little it's not really an issue.

Note: If you do have any issues, I have found Ellis Faas' customer service to be unequaled. They are very responsive and friendly.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lisamarie67

Have tried virtually every concealer on the planet; read a review of this and when I was in Amsterdam last week, I stopped by "Skins" a cosmetic store on Runstraat and purchased this concealer. Love it, great color, seems to last, does not make me break out (amazing) and I regret not purchasing another before I left for the US

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Utterly amazing concealer. It blows every other one I've ever used out of the water. It looks like skin. It covers. The texture is sublime. It's easy to blend. It lasts. It looks natural in any light. It doesn't settle into lines. What more can you ask? The pen component works very well with this product (not so much with the foundation), too. Forget Bobbi Brown and her thick, cakey correctors and concealers you have to labor over to get to look remotely natural; forget CdP with its four colors and thick texture; forget Touche Eclat. Just buy this and you'll be happy. It's worth every penny. I wear S102 in this as I do in the foundation.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bonnie297

Would I buy this again? Hell yes! I'm an addict and have bought 4 of these babies in different shades for my makeup kit.
I use this little silver pen every day for blemishes, dark under eyes, redness, and anything in between. Some days I will go without foundation and just use this blended over my problem areas. It gives such a natural finish, I cant believe it's a concealer I'm rubbing all over my face! But don't be deceived, this product is really pigmented and gives great coverage.
This is the only TRUE multi-purpose concealer I've found, which covers blemishes completely but is smooth and non-cakey under your eyes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by tomjac

This is the best, most natural looking concealer I have ever found.
I've tried Touche Eclait (the men's version) to cover up my dark circles and it just did not leave a natural finish.
Just so you know ladies - us men need alittle help with appearance too so no matter what high-end, latest technology eye cream I use, I still get told "you look tired" - well, not anymore!
I do recommend you finish with a little powder just to stop it from caking.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Run - don't walk - to your nearest stockist to get this stuff. I have over the years tried just about every high-end concealer in my quest to cover dark circles, take a few years off, and look natural. This is it. It's creamy, is just the right weight, blends beautifully (nearly undetectable but still covers - how do they do that?) and comes in very natural colours. This is soooo much better than any cult concealer like Touche Eclat (don't get the fuss about that product at all). It's a little pricey, but really is worth every cent.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by loz07

A great concealer that does a great double duty of covering undereye circles AND blemishes perfectly. It's a nice consistency for application and stays put quite well. Definitely one of the best concealers I've tried, and far and above the best one that stands up to the challenge of both under-eyes and spot coverage.

The packaging is a bit finicky, but I haven't had it explode all over me by any means, if anything it just takes a bit longer to come out sometimes than I'd prefer.

So far it's lasted me at least 3-4 months with daily use. Not sure how much is left, I'll update if I remember when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Joybell

As a person who suffers from (what I consider) puffy and slightly dark eyebags, this product was a godsend. The highly pigmented liquid was easily applied, and dispersed very evenly across my problem area.

For me, the most appealing aspect of this concealer was the fact that it actually COVERED my puffs and bags. If you're one of those people who search endlessly for the HG of under-eye concealers - this may be a great start. I loved the packaging of the product; it's beautiful, slips into any handbag or makeup kit and looks great!

The few downsides that I found with this product was that although it looked terrific on, and only took seconds to apply, you still need to apply primer, and setting powder afterward. This in itself is no issue, however once you've turned the nob 15 times and nothing comes out only to turn it once more and half the product explodes all over you takes a bit of trickery to manage.

I found that I needed a touch up maybe three times during the day - something I think is OK, considering my skin is oil prone.

All in all this concealer is my absolute second favorite so far in my search! Ease of use, coverage, packaging, blending and the amount of pigmentation is perfect. For the record, I've tried everything from Covergirl to YSL to Dermablend, and this has been the best thus far.

I'm currently trying Jane Iredale's Circle/Delete, which so far seems even better! I'll let you know how I go. This is a fairly high-end product, and if you can afford the wastage that the packaging seems to insist upon - then go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Cornellian

This is a good concealer in that it meshes with my skin well and shade 104 is a good match for me (neutral overtones, not much darkness or redness to cover). I find I need to touch up in the inner corner of the eye socket/nose as my eyes are deep set and I get shadowy in that area. Sometimes i need to touch up that area with a corrector or a heavier concealer. The pen brush is great- I like it, but my particular one doesn't seem to dispense product very well- I need to click the pen 3-4 times and I've used this for over 2 weeks now. Perhaps mine is faulty? I hope I'm not running out- at this price, I can't afford her concealers every 2-3 weeks!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the other reviewers, this product is fantastic, UNIQUE. Perfect for the under eye area, it brightens up my eyes without looking cakey. It is not runny or transparent like YSL touch eclat (a product that I do not like at all). The packaging is a work of art, beautiful: a chrome pen with built in brush (even if it is not practical at all). I do use this concealer on spots as well as it has a light yet good coverage. On the expensive side, but a little goes a long way. The only problem is the packaging, which is beautiful but a real pain. The brush is horrible and it takes ages to get any product out, I turn the top lid a few times and all of a sudden tons of product come out. Very difficult to control and a lot of product gets wasted. I am not intersted in nice looking packaging if it is not working. Practicality and effectiveness are more important. However, the quality is so superior to anything I have ever tried that I can put up with the less than practical packaging.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No